Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do we already have our future center on the practice squad? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Rusty

Hall of Famer
: October 26, 2006, 07:39:01 AM

Johnathan Clinksdale. Is he our future center. Was a potential high draft pick a couple of years ago, rated higher than Dan Buenning but got busted for smoking weed and dropped in the draft. he then did the same with the Bucs and ultimately lost his spot. We just brought him back and put him on the practice squad. Has anyone watched him in the pre-season to give an evaluation?

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 26, 2006, 08:19:38 AM

I dont think Clinkscale is our future center, no. But then again, I've hardly seen/heard about him play.

I did think though that Scott Jackson had a realistic chance of becoming our future Center.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 26, 2006, 08:51:37 AM

Clink ain't the one...The only reason he was broght back was because Jackson got snagged from the PS...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#3 : October 26, 2006, 09:46:08 AM

Nick Mangold......ooops too late.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 26, 2006, 09:49:44 AM

Joseph has been looking pretty good.   I can't complain about them not taking Mangold at this point.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#5 : October 26, 2006, 12:56:41 PM

Joseph has been looking pretty good.   I can't complain about them not taking Mangold at this point.
I'm not complaining, I think Joesph will be very good. I just think Center was more important than guard, and while I think it's harder to find a good center than a good guard I would have preferred to go Mangold. The way everyone complained about how the Buccs reached on Joseph, maybe he could have been taken with our second pick..

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 26, 2006, 01:09:27 PM

I'm not complaining, I think Joesph will be very good. I just think Center was more important than guard, and while I think it's harder to find a good center than a good guard I would have preferred to go Mangold. The way everyone complained about how the Buccs reached on Joseph, maybe he could have been taken with our second pick..

i got into an extended debate with ABuccs over this one, and i don't wanna do it again, but:
-Joseph wouldn't have been available in the 2nd round...if we hadn't taken him, he was supposedly at the top of the Jets board 4 picks later....ahead of Mangold

-for us, C is less of a priority because we have a serviceable center and our biggest problem offensively was our inability to run right, making our run game (and thus our whole offense) much easier to defend....

as far as clinkscales, he used to be rated higher than buenning, and i'm not sure what it'll take to get him back on track, but he has far FAR more upside than your typical practice squad filler. whether it comes to anything is anybody's guess, but most other guys on our PS at this point have virtually no chance of making the active roster.

psymun

Starter
#7 : October 26, 2006, 01:11:26 PM

There are 3 centers in this years draft that I think will all be excellent pros... If the Bucs get 1 of them... I'll be happy...

#8 : October 26, 2006, 01:23:48 PM

Agreed.  Joseph is about as athletic as Gs come.  And strong.  He could add another 15 pounds and still be pretty lean.  I think he's going to turn quickly turn into a true stud.

And WTF about the complaints re: the O-line in general?  Really, they've been solid in some rough situations the past couple of weeks.  We'll see, but I see us having a very good O-line by this time next year, but no, I don't think we have our C on the PS right now.

Maybe Mahan can be that C going forward, but I haven't seen it, yet.  Might be nice to give him a look at C in real game situations.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#9 : October 27, 2006, 11:28:05 AM

and his line calls are a big part of the O-line's ineffectiveness.

Disagree completely.  If his line calls where so bad then Grads would have been minced meat the last game against the blitz happy Eagles.  Only complaint I have with Wade is his physical ability not his mental ability.  With better guards next to him (Joseph and Buenning) his lack of physical ability is masked somewhat.

Whatever!!!!!!! Obviously you either don't know, or haven't been paying attention.

Keep reading those bios.  :D
Keep watching football and not learn anything......you've done a good job of it so far!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : October 27, 2006, 11:08:27 AM

Agreed.  Joseph is about as athletic as Gs come.  And strong.  He could add another 15 pounds and still be pretty lean.  I think he's going to turn quickly turn into a true stud.

And WTF about the complaints re: the O-line in general?  Really, they've been solid in some rough situations the past couple of weeks.  We'll see, but I see us having a very good O-line by this time next year, but no, I don't think we have our C on the PS right now.

Maybe Mahan can be that C going forward, but I haven't seen it, yet.  Might be nice to give him a look at C in real game situations.
Wade has not been good at all the past 2 years, and his line calls are a big part of the O-line's ineffectiveness. If the coaches newly announced love affair with Mahan and his ability to play O-line, maybe it could be assumed that Mahan looked worse than he really was being sandwiched between Wade and Yatta.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 27, 2006, 11:22:47 AM

Disagree completely.  If his line calls where so bad then Grads would have been minced meat the last game against the blitz happy Eagles.  Only complaint I have with Wade is his physical ability not his mental ability.  With better guards next to him (Joseph and Buenning) his lack of physical ability is masked somewhat.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#12 : October 27, 2006, 11:24:41 AM

Whatever!!!!!!! Obviously you either don't know, or haven't been paying attention.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 27, 2006, 11:26:09 AM

Keep reading those bios.  :D

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 27, 2006, 08:53:43 PM

Plenty of good centers in this draft IMO

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do we already have our future center on the practice squad? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools