Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vince Young Will Be On The Cover Of Madden 2008 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : April 16, 2007, 09:53:10 PM

I vaguely remember covers unless it has a guy like St. Louis on it (NHL 2k5 I think)

Snook

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 16, 2007, 10:10:53 PM

Didn't Marshall Faulk get hurt after he was on the cover too?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#17 : April 16, 2007, 10:25:22 PM

And Vick & Alexander.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 16, 2007, 10:37:02 PM

IT'S A VIDEO GAME COVER! We're not talking an MVP award here. A hyped player for a hyped game....seems to fit for me.

As for VY, that Defense didn't seem to prop the Titans up when VY wasn't in....04 without him starting, 8-4 with. Weird how that works. VY didn't have great numbers but he made great plays when needed....whether it was getting a clutch 1st down running, making a key pas on 3rd down, scrambling for a winning TD, whatever. He made plays. That team was much better with him at the helm than without. He made everyone around him bettter. Can't put a stat on that. He propped that TEAM and defense more than they propped him.
My opinion still stands.

He made some nice plays, but that defense and STs was the earmark of the Titans.  I would like to see how well the Titans do without Pacman to be honest.  That man made some plays!  (as well as Young, but who cares).  I am sure VY was driving Pacman to return kicks and make key int's...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#19 : April 16, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

IT'S A VIDEO GAME COVER! We're not talking an MVP award here. A hyped player for a hyped game....seems to fit for me.

As for VY, that Defense didn't seem to prop the Titans up when VY wasn't in....04 without him starting, 8-4 with. Weird how that works. VY didn't have great numbers but he made great plays when needed....whether it was getting a clutch 1st down running, making a key pas on 3rd down, scrambling for a winning TD, whatever. He made plays. That team was much better with him at the helm than without. He made everyone around him bettter. Can't put a stat on that. He propped that TEAM and defense more than they propped him.
My opinion still stands.

He made some nice plays, but that defense and STs was the earmark of the Titans. I would like to see how well the Titans do without Pacman to be honest. That man made some plays! (as well as Young, but who cares). I am sure VY was driving Pacman to return kicks and make key int's...

As I would expect it to.

It makes a world of a difference on both sides of the ball when you are in games as opposed to being down big. The defense and ST's didn't seem to take the team anywhere when VY wasn't playing.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 16, 2007, 10:45:33 PM

My opinion still stands.

He made some nice plays, but that defense and STs was the earmark of the Titans. I would like to see how well the Titans do without Pacman to be honest. That man made some plays! (as well as Young, but who cares). I am sure VY was driving Pacman to return kicks and make key int's...

As I would expect it to.

It makes a world of a difference on both sides of the ball when you are in games as opposed to being down big. The defense and ST's didn't seem to take the team anywhere when VY wasn't playing.
There were games that I watched where Young was GOD AWFUL.  And trust me when I say he did not make a difference like their defense did (or STs) in predicating the outcome.  But of course he was a rookie who had that fantastic game versus NY, and having moments like that will buy him celebrity.  But the kid needs a lot of work on his NFL skills.  You can run for a key first down, you can make a nice shallow throw, sure.  THat is great.  So can Grads...point is, IT IS A VIDEO GAME.  BUt the guys on the covers have always been good ballers already.  Vince Young is an average QB (at best), right now.  He is a lot of hype, and "potential".  I am curious to see how he fares next year with one year under the collar, and one year for the defenses to analyze his weaknesses...

You have your dime, I have mine.  We'll see.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 16, 2007, 10:46:53 PM

...and not only that, but since he is the poster boy, his ratings will be unfairly jacked up...which is a crock.

I miss the 2k series more than anyone.  I dominated that game!

matt

Starter

#22 : April 16, 2007, 10:48:03 PM

Hopefully Ron Mexico's team doesn't trade up to #2 in the draft...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 16, 2007, 10:52:35 PM

Hopefully Ron Mexico's team doesn't trade up to #2 in the draft...
Whatever.

I sincerely hope they do!  It will cripple their future, and the Birds have more than one area they need to address, so it would be good for Buc Fans to see the Falcs waste their picks on bumping up!  CJ is not going to be a guy who DESTROYS the Bucs.  Keep in mind, Vick is his QB, and the man is not very accurate, and his value lies with his legs.  Not for his pocket presence, his leadership, or his arm...

I hope the Bucs sit tight, and get whatever falls into their lap.  They could use Gaines.  They could use Thomas.  They could use Quinn.  They could use Okoye (not my fave, but...).  But come round two, they will secure two more dudes who will also help rejuvenate the Bucs in areas they sorely need to!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 16, 2007, 10:54:50 PM

I suppose next year, it will be Willie Roaf (just as a supposition) on the cover.  I am suprised Will Shields never got one.  Or Ogden.

Hmmm....

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#25 : April 16, 2007, 10:56:11 PM

My opinion still stands.

As I would expect it to.

There were games that I watched where Young was GOD AWFUL.  And trust me when I say he did not make a difference like their defense did (or STs) in predicating the outcome.  But of course he was a rookie who had that fantastic game versus NY, and having moments like that will buy him celebrity.  But the kid needs a lot of work on his NFL skills.  You can run for a key first down, you can make a nice shallow throw, sure.  THat is great.  So can Grads...point is, IT IS A VIDEO GAME.  BUt the guys on the covers have always been good ballers already.  Vince Young is an average QB (at best), right now.  He is a lot of hype, and "potential".  I am curious to see how he fares next year with one year under the collar, and one year for the defenses to analyze his weaknesses...

You have your dime, I have mine.  We'll see.

Grads is not a quarter of the QB VY is.  I don't care about any numbers, VY is much much better.

I'll concede VY doesn't fit the "norm" for who gets the cover, but whatever, the guy went 8-4 as a starter and made the pro bowl in his rookie year.  That DOES mean something, more than any completion % or TD:INT ratio.  

And it wasn't just the NY game.  That game was the start of him coming into his own.  He was great that game and then followed it up with solid games vs. Indy, Houston, and Buffalo. The VY over the last 6 games as a whole was MUCH MUCH better than the VY of the first 6 starts of his career.  He completed almost 60% with 10 TD, 5 INt those last 6 games.  I think he is going to be very good next year.    

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 16, 2007, 10:59:02 PM

^^^Tony Romo made the Pro Bowl too.

Just saying...

Yeah it was pointless.  I will cease and desist.

Going to be interesting to see next season though.

And if you really think about it, the Madden series is all about HYPE anyway.  The game pales compared to 2k (sorry Mattbug, your still my boy!)...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#27 : April 16, 2007, 11:07:57 PM

^^^Tony Romo made the Pro Bowl too.

Just saying...

Yeah it was pointless. I will cease and desist.

Going to be interesting to see next season though.

And if you really think about it, the Madden series is all about HYPE anyway. The game pales compared to 2k (sorry Mattbug, your still my boy!)...

Yeah, I noted that in my original post.  Madden DEFINES hype.  I like the move though.  Get away from the norm a bit. 

Yeah, Romo did but I think we all agree the AFC QB's >> NFC QB's.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 16, 2007, 11:08:17 PM

Agreed.

T

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 17, 2007, 01:04:09 AM

People still play Madden? Same game every year just updated rosters what a rip off.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vince Young Will Be On The Cover Of Madden 2008 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools