Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vince Young Will Be On The Cover Of Madden 2008 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 17, 2007, 01:29:06 AM

People still play Madden? Same game every year just updated rosters what a rip off.
I agree.  The 360 version is much better than most versions we are used to, but it is basically paying 60 bucks for a roster update.

It would be better if EA just admitted that their game engine is kind of crap.  And just offer 20 dollar roster upgrades for the "next" version...

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 17, 2007, 01:34:49 AM

Running back Marshall Faulk of the St. Louis Rams, who was on the Madden NFL 2003 box, suffered an ankle injury, missing five games. He never broke through the 1,000 yards rushing mark for the rest of his career.

Very shortly after Madden 2004 was released featuring Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick on the cover, Vick was injured during a preseason game against the Baltimore Ravens, suffering a fractured right fibula. Vick played in only the last 5 regular season games, finishing with just 585 yards passing and 4 touchdowns. The Atlanta Falcons missed the playoffs and were already out of contention by the time Vick returned from his injury.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

T

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 17, 2007, 09:34:29 AM

Running back Marshall Faulk of the St. Louis Rams, who was on the Madden NFL 2003 box, suffered an ankle injury, missing five games. He never broke through the 1,000 yards rushing mark for the rest of his career.

Very shortly after Madden 2004 was released featuring Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick on the cover, Vick was injured during a preseason game against the Baltimore Ravens, suffering a fractured right fibula. Vick played in only the last 5 regular season games, finishing with just 585 yards passing and 4 touchdowns. The Atlanta Falcons missed the playoffs and were already out of contention by the time Vick returned from his injury.
That's why I was hoping for  Peyton Manning to be on the cover.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 17, 2007, 10:08:35 AM

I agree.  The 360 version is much better than most versions we are used to, but it is basically paying 60 bucks for a roster update.

It would be better if EA just admitted that their game engine is kind of crap.  And just offer 20 dollar roster upgrades for the "next" version...

EA got hooked into the biggest cash cow ever by having game franchises where each year they can rook people out of another $60 for the roster pack and some token upgrades most folks won't ever use.

It is one reason I prefer NCAA, in a just a few years I chew through all the "known" players and I don't care about rosters anymore and I can shop on features not jersey names

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#34 : April 17, 2007, 10:22:58 AM

Eddie George was on Madden 2001 cover and had his best year of his career.

Ray Lewis made the NFL All-Pro team his year on the cover.

Most of the time the player on the cover had such a great season obviously they're  gonna fall back a bit.  In the case of a guy like Alexander it was probably more of his high workload catching up to him, ditto for Faulk.  McNAbb has always been fragile, he needs no curse.  Ditto for Vick. 

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 17, 2007, 08:53:07 PM

Eddie George choked in the big game against the Ravens. Pontential game changing drop passes and such
On the 3, they took the Fantasy franchise off. That was probably the 3rd best part in the game (online play was the best), since you get to draft the players you want. Keep the Superstar mode but everytime I upload my player from NCAA he comes out like a 65 overall at every postion. I wonder what will be the new feature on the Madden. With qb vision what else?

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#36 : April 17, 2007, 10:47:47 PM

I thought a guy like Drew Brees would be more deserving. Because he had an awesome season last year and uhhh... yeah, we play the Saints twice a year ;)

bucs1

Practice Squad
#37 : April 17, 2007, 10:49:09 PM

I thought a guy like Drew Brees would be more deserving. Because he had an awesome season last year and uhhh... yeah, we play the Saints twice a year ;)

Yeah, I was also thinking that a guy like Drew Brees or LaDainian Tomlinson would have been on the cover.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#38 : April 17, 2007, 10:49:44 PM

It still amazes me how much people care about who is on a video game cover.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#39 : April 17, 2007, 10:52:35 PM

It still amazes me how much people care about who is on a video game cover.

It isn't just a video game cover.  Being on the Madden cover is one of the most prestigious awards an NFL athlete can get.  J/K ;D

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#40 : April 17, 2007, 11:01:08 PM

Yeah, I was also thinking that a guy like Drew Brees or LaDainian Tomlinson would have been on the cover.

It just seems to me that whenever people discuss who will be on the cover, they always mention the superbowl winners, or mvp's first. It usually doesn't really happen that way and the coverboy is always somewhat of a surprise, at least to me.

This year however, it was the most surprising. Vince Young? Meh.

I really thought it would be Drew Brees. While he is a great player, he still isn't talked about all that much (which doesn't mean he shouldn't be).

bucs1

Practice Squad
#41 : April 18, 2007, 05:14:06 PM

Peyton Manning was the first choice for the Madden '08 cover . . . but they couldn't fit his head on it.

#42 : April 18, 2007, 05:17:00 PM

Multiple industry sources have told me that Tomlinson, in fact, was asked of his interest, was presented with an offer, and told Electronic Arts he was not interested. Tomlinson's turning down of Electronic Arts, we're told, doesn't have much to do with the highly publicized curse, which has been attributed to the recent misfortune of Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb and Shaun Alexander. It has more to do with the fact that the people at Electronic Arts know that, for many, their cover is seen as the "Wheaties box endorsement" -- in that athletes are usually so honored they are willing to do it for less than market value. Tomlinson wasn't.

The deal usually pays the cover athlete $100,000 to $200,000 and requires multiple appearances to pump up the game. Since the Madden game sort of sells itself, the athlete on the cover doesn't really matter that much, but expect more NFL stars to turn down the cover in the future, not because of the curse, but because the price is just too low.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/18175081

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#43 : April 18, 2007, 05:54:52 PM

Yeah, I mean, 100-200 K to be on a video game?  Please.  Need a lot more than that.

LOL!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vince Young Will Be On The Cover Of Madden 2008 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools