Boards > Pirate's Cove

Sex, Marriage, Monogamy and Jealousy

(1/7) > >>

ufojoe:

There's been a few threads and discussions lately on sex, marriage, infidelity,
and other related subjects.

My questions, intended to promote discussion, are these:

1) Is jealousy an emotion we are born with or is it taught/learned?

2) Is monogamy the natural state for humans?

I won't go first this time but I think several of you know my feelings on this...

Who's first?

Rusty:
joe,

IMHO jealousy is an emotion we are born with. I think monogamy is more natural for women than for men. I am not, however, advocating adultery. Sex is very emotional for women, for men it's like brushing your teeth. We'd do it three times a day if we could and wouldn't remember who we did it with the day before.

alstott40:
1) no your born with it, stems back to win kids have bigger better toys then you, you naturally want it, and if you dont get it your jelous over it

2) I would say in the 50's and 60's when poeple it wasnt common to cheat, or when the stepford wifes would condem you, I would say this day in age monogamy does not happen or at least not talked about

gruber:
Jealousy is somthing your born with.  Alstott 40 said it exactly how iwas going to.

Monogamy... Well Joe I think you know my feeling on that know. What do they say that only 2 types of mammals are manogamous, humans being one. I feel monogamy is due to moral and social acceptance  it is not a natural state.

Ironphist:
i think chasing tail falls under one of them there inalienable rights - pursuit of tail or something like dat...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version