Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Olbermann joins "Football Night in America" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

« : April 18, 2007, 12:39:10 AM »

I like him, too. Every week his MSNBC show has subliminal messages that are tributes to the Ron & Fez show. Anyone that's a fan of Ron & Fez is cool with me.

PirateBooty

Starter

« #1 : April 18, 2007, 12:06:26 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18138188/

Keith Olbermann is returning to sports broadcasting for the first time in six years as the co-host of the pre-game show for NBC's Sunday night NFL telecasts, NBC announced today.

Olbermann, who will continue to host his nightly news show “Countdown with Keith Olbermann” on MSNBC TV, will round out the “Football Night in America” team of host Bob Costas, co-host Cris Collinsworth, and analysts Jerome Bettis and Tiki Barber.

"This will, obviously, be great fun and a great privilege for me," Olbermann said in a press release.  "To be reunited with NBC Sports, and **CENSORED** (Ebersol), and the entire production team, produces all the warm-and-fuzzies you'd be expecting. And even if they weren't old friends and colleagues, to get to work with the nonpareil of sportscasters in Bob, and the most insightful and honest of sports analysts in Cris, will be rewarding and challenging. I hope I can hold up my end of the equation."

Olbermann anchored ESPN’s “Sports Center” from 1992 to 1997 and served as an NBC Sports anchor in 1997, hosting the World Series and Major League Baseball’s All-Star Game.  He currently appears on Dan Patrick’s ESPN Radio program, “The Dan Patrick Show,” every day from 2 to 3 p.m. for sports commentary and analysis.

"Keith helped to elevate the medium of sports television earlier in his career, and now he will add his original style and flair to 'Football Night in America,'" NBC Universal Sports and Olympics Chairm **CENSORED** Ebersol said in a press release.  "I'm delighted to welcome him back into the NBC Sports family."

This, unfortunately, will turn into a political thread in 3...2...1...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #2 : April 18, 2007, 12:25:23 AM »

I love him. He's on Dan Patrick every day.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #3 : April 18, 2007, 01:30:22 AM »

I like it when Olbs goes on a tirade, and DP tells him to settle down or be quiet....because they have a commercial break.

I always laugh at that.  Because Kweth (yes, Kweth) always simmers down.

I do like Olberman, I like how he dogs people without getting too personal and it is funny, but the man has a soapbox with monograms.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

« #4 : April 18, 2007, 11:30:22 AM »

this should give him something to do while he's busy getting his asss kicked by O'Reilly nightly.  not my cup o' tea - best day in my sportsfan life when he split from ESPN...

bucboy 64

Second String

« #5 : April 18, 2007, 11:45:38 AM »

Olberman= pompous jerk

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #6 : April 18, 2007, 12:32:49 PM »

this should give him something to do while he's busy getting his asss kicked by O'Reilly nightly. not my cup o' tea - best day in my sportsfan life when he split from ESPN...

100% agreed. Olberman continues to get female dog slapped by the cable news king, Bill O'Reilly. MSNBC's clear shift to the twisted and insane "Left" market has kept me away from thier broadcast for a while now. MSNBC and NBC News is clearly falling off the ratings map. Maybe soon they'll even be behind C-SPAN.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

« #7 : April 18, 2007, 05:07:49 PM »

Too political for my taste

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #8 : April 18, 2007, 11:50:45 PM »

this should give him something to do while he's busy getting his asss kicked by O'Reilly nightly. not my cup o' tea - best day in my sportsfan life when he split from ESPN...

100% agreed. Olberman continues to get female dog slapped by the cable news king, Bill O'Reilly. MSNBC's clear shift to the twisted and insane "Left" market has kept me away from thier broadcast for a while now. MSNBC and NBC News is clearly falling off the ratings map. Maybe soon they'll even be behind C-SPAN.
Really? You should check out amt of viewers lost by Fox  gained by MSNBC.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #9 : April 19, 2007, 12:11:54 AM »

Really? You should check out amt of viewers lost by Fox gained by MSNBC.

Are you serious??
The amount of Fox viewers from 7-11PM is more than CNN and MSNBC combined.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #10 : April 19, 2007, 12:43:19 AM »

Prove it. And Fox is losing viewers every month as people realize they are Republican schills.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #11 : April 19, 2007, 03:33:55 AM »

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/spotlight_columnists/article/0,2777,DRMN_23962_5491953,00.html

Olbermann, who gained initial national fame as co-host, with Dan Patrick, on ESPN's SportsCenter, had a testy, often controversial run before starting his second tour of duty on MSNBC on Countdown in 2003.

While the show is still a distant second to The O'Reilly Factor in total viewers, the hour continues to gain audience momentum in the younger demographic. And during the first quarter of this year, Olbermann's overall ratings rose 76 percent over the same period a year ago.

I've heard Olbermann's detractors (and O'Reilly fans) claim such a percentage growth is almost meaningless, considering the audience base was near nothing. That might have been true four years ago, but not today. Olbermann's popularity continues to grow, which is one reason he finished sixth in a survey by Television Week of the 10 Most Powerful People in Broadcasting News. Olbermann was cited for giving MSNBC a stronger liberal voice in prime time.

Obviously, this is one media outlet's opinion, but it does weigh well within the industry because it features a concise survey of broadcast news professionals.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #12 : April 19, 2007, 03:36:43 AM »

Thanks, Joe, I can always count on you for backup!

bucboy 64

Second String

« #13 : April 19, 2007, 07:19:48 AM »

Prove it. And Fox is losing viewers every month as people realize they are Republican schills.

Please tell me what every other media outlet in this country is, liberal shills? When there is a news org. that isn't the lapdog of the Dem. party libs call them Rep. shills.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #14 : April 19, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »

Maybe Joe will come & give us the website on this. Fox puts misleading stuff on the screen & leaves it even when it's wrong!
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Olbermann joins "Football Night in America" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools