Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Olbermann joins "Football Night in America" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 19, 2007, 09:09:36 AM

Olberman has a built in base as frothing at the mouth leftists go watch his show to try and show that there are as many of them as there are frothing at the mouth right-wingers watching O'Reily. How people watch either of them I have no idea unless people are involved in some elaborate form of torture where it is a choice of one of them or Nancy Grace they must watch every evening.

The problem with Olberman isn't his politics it is his personality. He's got a real arrogance/smugness problem and to couple his ego with Collinsworth's is a disaster waiting to happen. Plus, Olberman is more of a baseball guy, his football knowledge has never blown me away.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucboy 64

Second String

#16 : April 19, 2007, 09:11:46 AM

You didn't answer the ?, Fox seems to lean right because every news org. you and I have watched since we were born slants left, thus Fox would seem right leaning. [banghead]

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#17 : April 19, 2007, 09:16:52 AM

Olberman has a built in base as frothing at the mouth leftists go watch his show to try and show that there are as many of them as there are frothing at the mouth right-wingers watching O'Reily. How people watch either of them I have no idea unless people are involved in some elaborate form of torture where it is a choice of one of them or Nancy Grace they must watch every evening.

The problem with Olberman isn't his politics it is his personality. He's got a real arrogance/smugness problem and to couple his ego with Collinsworth's is a disaster waiting to happen. Plus, Olberman is more of a baseball guy, his football knowledge has never blown me away.
So his intelligence makes you think he's arrogant?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 19, 2007, 09:29:40 AM

o his intelligence makes you think he's arrogant?

He has intelligence ? The guy is an empty suit that reads a teleprompter for a living. There's nothing I've seen from him, and particularly when he's off script, that says he's got a rare intellect or even anything more than an average one. He's clever when he's got a bevy of writers.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 19, 2007, 10:33:16 AM

Olbermann's a stiff, he's bounced around due strictly to schtick - no staying power.  Up 76% when you had 10 viewers is hardly a stat to hang your hat on - he brought his family to the airwaves, big deal.  That schmuck doesn't get it, as the left wing media do not either, that they are not the story.  The story is the story and giving the viewer the oppty to make up their mind is why FoxNews continues to roll.  It's by far the most balanced - O'Reilly leans right by media means, but he's about ratings and sales which makes him "Republican" by most definitions.  The most unabashed rep of the right on the network is Sean Hannity and anyone that stands up for the miitary the way he does is nails in my book.  They even give the unwatchable Allen Colmes a forum just to offer balance - when does that happen on the Communist News Network or MiSinformationNBC?

If you want to call them Republican schills, at least have the intelligence to call out what mainstream media is in terms of lapdoggin' and pandering to the Pelosi crowd.

Karen, instead of waiting for joe to support you, and since you're the one with all of the opinion w/o supporting facts - feel free to make an argument on your own based on fact rather than coming from the "my daddy was in the union" or "I watch Rosie" perspective.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 19, 2007, 11:57:03 AM

The growth has not been unfailingly steady, as competitors at Fox and CNN pointed out. They noted that Mr. Olbermann did better in February and March than he has since. Still, for the year, Mr. Olbermann has managed to climb past CNN into second place in the news channel competition at 8 p.m. among that 25-to-54 group. That qualifies as a feat for MSNBC, though Mr. Olbermann’s show remains little more than a DOT in the rearview mirror of Fox News.

Mr. Olbermann thinks he knows one reason behind his gains. He believes that Mr. O’Reilly’s audience, which is still huge, is aging. He noted that Mr. O’Reilly’s total viewer ratings are basically flat, while his numbers in the younger audience group have been dropping — down about 15 percent for the last quarter. “There is no other conclusion to draw than he is not adding younger viewers,” Mr. Olbermann said

Of course, in terms of numbers of viewers in that younger age group, Mr. O’Reilly is still playing in another league, with about three times as many as Mr. Olbermann. But that does represent a small slice of the total audience for Mr. O’Reilly

The O'Reilly Factor averages anywhere from 4-6 million viewers a night, where Mr. Olbermann's Countdown is hovering closer to 2 million.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#21 : April 19, 2007, 01:46:09 PM

this should give him something to do while he's busy getting his asss kicked by O'Reilly nightly. not my cup o' tea - best day in my sportsfan life when he split from ESPN...

and here comes the political side..

anyone who listens to O Reilly must be a huge sci fi fan

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 20, 2007, 07:34:43 AM

That show just took a nose dive...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#23 : April 19, 2007, 11:31:40 PM

Agreed Chev.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#24 : April 20, 2007, 07:36:21 AM

Drive-bys??? Excuse me?

#25 : April 20, 2007, 05:00:31 AM

I love him. He's on Dan Patrick every day.

Can't stand him. Hate politics.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#26 : April 20, 2007, 07:32:33 AM

Ether---cryptic as usual.

#27 : April 20, 2007, 07:33:28 AM

Olberman sux.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#28 : April 19, 2007, 11:30:09 PM

Who cares?

you, obviously....you've posted on this thread 7 times already.
So are you actually counting? Keeping track? I don't care that Ether doesn't like him. Try to keep up.

It was you who asked for proof of Fox's numbers. You've been given them by a few people now.  You obviously care or you wouldn't be on this thread.  

It's too easy to shoot down folks that believe the "drive-by's".  

Next.

#29 : April 19, 2007, 11:22:50 PM

There are people doing worse on this Earth.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Olbermann joins "Football Night in America" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools