Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Olbermann joins "Football Night in America" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#45 : April 21, 2007, 05:30:59 AM

I don't like Olberman. He can be a bit entertaining at times but when t I have seen him, which to be honest is not that much, his politics and personal animosities are heavily inserted into his 'news' stories and commentaries. I think that anybody who says he does not get personal has either not watched him in the last 2 years or had the volume turned down. Foxnews do have a larger number of Conservative hosts, but considering the number of Conservative hosts on the other channels, I think I have more in my house than they do on their channels, but, with the exception of the opinion shows, they (Fox) do not seem to interject their personal politics into the news. Even the overtly conservative journalist Brett Hulme does not use his show as a propaganda tool. He tries to balance the responses. What he is guilty of is asking the questions that no other show seems to entertain. It is my personal experience that, for the most part, it is those who don't watch Foxnews that call it right wing or 'Republican Schills'. Subsequently they get their 'facts' second hand, usually out of context and from a (original) source that is far from objective .
No, I do watch right up to the point I feel my head getting ready to explode!!

spartan

Hall of Famer
#46 : April 21, 2007, 08:29:43 AM

No, I do watch right up to the point I feel my head getting ready to explode!!

For what reason?

JC510

Practice Squad

#47 : April 21, 2007, 06:17:16 PM

NBC could put Vida Guerra on that show and it still wouldn't get ratings. The problem is that there's usually atleast 1 game that runs into their time slot. And after watching football for 6 hours in a row I usually go do other stuff before the 8:30 game, like walk my dogs, take a shower, eat dinner, etc.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#48 : April 21, 2007, 06:29:47 PM

Adding Olbermann to the pregame show is another sign of how far left thier network/partners have shifted. Football Night in America was the worst pregame show I've seen in sometime. I mean on top of having to listen to Colinsworth babble on and on, we had to listen to Jerome Bettis stumble over every other word he attemted to speak. And Like the most boring voice in sports in Bob Costas wasn't enough, they've added an absolute idiot no matter the subject in Olbermann. Yuck, now officially the worst sports show on television.

Too bad my favorite in Madden and Micheals have to share a network with this mess. From Fox pregame and Monday Night Countdown to this? Ouch. John, your killing me.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

matt

Starter

#49 : April 21, 2007, 07:33:18 PM

Adding Olbermann to the pregame show is another sign of how far left thier network/partners have shifted. Football Night in America was the worst pregame show I've seen in sometime. I mean on top of having to listen to Colinsworth babble on and on, we had to listen to Jerome Bettis stumble over every other word he attemted to speak. And Like the most boring voice in sports in Bob Costas wasn't enough, they've added an absolute idiot no matter the subject in Olbermann. Yuck, now officially the worst sports show on television.

Too bad my favorite in Madden and Micheals have to share a network with this mess. From Fox pregame and Monday Night Countdown to this? Ouch. John, your killing me.

It's too bad that Tiki Barber decided to join that show as well. I always liked him when he was on Fox and Friends.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Olbermann joins "Football Night in America" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools