Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If I owned this team... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16

watson

Hall of Famer
#225 : October 31, 2006, 07:16:51 PM

Saying you would fire the coach during the season is crazy enough, but to then say you don't have a viable replacement candidates list is even more unbelieveable. Does anyone remember the list of possible replacements that was bantered about before Gruden was hired?

First McKay wanted to hire Marvin Lewis. Yes the same Marvin Lewis that is the coach of the team that the coach you want to fire beat this year.

Then the Glazers tried to lure Parcells here. And he first said yes...and then no. And he has not exactly set the world on fire since he's been with the Cowboys.

Then there was Lou Saban. The current coach of the Dolphins that are 1-6 this year.

Then there was Steve Mariuchi. He was the coach that has since been fired by 2 team; 49ers and Lions.

So, I'm trying to understand how if it is going to be so easy to find a good replacement then how is it that all of the last list of candidates are not doing so well and none of them have won a Superbowl in the time since JG has been the coach of the Bucs.
it's Nick Saban, but good post man
Thanks.  I noticed that after I read some of the replies.  Guess I'm just an old guy that remembers when Lou Saban was coaching.  All the "fire Gruden" talk is so ludicrous it is hard to understand.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Orangegone1

Starter

#226 : October 31, 2006, 07:41:52 PM

Saying you would fire the coach during the season is crazy enough, but to then say you don't have a viable replacement candidates list is even more unbelieveable. Does anyone remember the list of possible replacements that was bantered about before Gruden was hired?

First McKay wanted to hire Marvin Lewis. Yes the same Marvin Lewis that is the coach of the team that the coach you want to fire beat this year.

Then the Glazers tried to lure Parcells here. And he first said yes...and then no. And he has not exactly set the world on fire since he's been with the Cowboys.

Then there was Lou Saban. The current coach of the Dolphins that are 1-6 this year.

Then there was Steve Mariuchi. He was the coach that has since been fired by 2 team; 49ers and Lions.

So, I'm trying to understand how if it is going to be so easy to find a good replacement then how is it that all of the last list of candidates are not doing so well and none of them have won a Superbowl in the time since JG has been the coach of the Bucs.
We do have that extra 2nd round pick that we could package with our #1 and #2 to get another coach.
Only joking on that one.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#227 : October 31, 2006, 08:01:34 PM

DefenseWins - you are hysterical.  Click.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If I owned this team... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools