Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Favorite Sports Announcer??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Eli10

Second String

#30 : October 27, 2006, 10:28:35 AM

Most of you guys probably don't get the Red Sox games, but I have to say that Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy are spectactular.

I like Sean McDonough for a lot of college football games.  How does everyoen feel about Brent Musberger?

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 27, 2006, 05:21:21 PM

John Facenda, the original voice of NFL films. He called the Eagle games and was a CBS anchor in Philly. He was the 'voice' of the NFL for a long time.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

#32 : October 27, 2006, 06:59:12 PM

Most of you guys probably don't get the Red Sox games, but I have to say that Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy are spectactular.

I like Sean McDonough for a lot of college football games. How does everyoen feel about Brent Musberger?

you mean the guys who call JORGE Cantu 'George'? Umm...no thanks

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 27, 2006, 07:52:25 PM

Current or Past?

Current - Gene Deckerhoff [not just being a homer here, although I haven't heard many other radio guys.  But todays current TV guys really really suck outside of Al Michaels IMO]

Past - Howard Cosell, Keith Jackson

Eli10

Second String

#34 : October 30, 2006, 11:30:15 AM

I like Sean McDonough for a lot of college football games. How does everyoen feel about Brent Musberger?

Who does that?  Obviously not Orsillo and Remy...btw, can the D-Rays announcers PLEASE be a little more objective about a team that loses 100 games every year???

Orangegone1

Starter

#35 : October 30, 2006, 07:24:06 PM

Having lived in Southern California for 10 years as a kid, there was nothing like the voice of Vin Skully(sp) who called the Dodger games. Very distinctive voice and very good at baseball announcing.

#36 : October 30, 2006, 08:22:45 PM

Who does that? Obviously not Orsillo and Remy...btw, can the D-Rays announcers PLEASE be a little more objective about a team that loses 100 games every year???
umm pal, we don't lose 100 games every year. The perfect storm is brewing we've got young talent coming and the Sox and the Yanks are aging / falling in part (especially the Sox with the 'Wunda' Kid Theo Esptein who is a bad GM) if your a Sawx fan I ask how you like the Giants and Sox rather than the Giants / Yanks or Pats / Sox?

Also they are objective, to be honest a lot of people like what we did this year trades wise. I of course loved when we said #### you to Boston for trying to tamper with Julio.

Eli10

Second String

#37 : October 31, 2006, 09:46:28 AM

Who does that? Obviously not Orsillo and Remy...btw, can the D-Rays announcers PLEASE be a little more objective about a team that loses 100 games every year???
umm pal, we don't lose 100 games every year. The perfect storm is brewing we've got young talent coming and the Sox and the Yanks are aging / falling in part (especially the Sox with the 'Wunda' Kid Theo Esptein who is a bad GM) if your a Sawx fan I ask how you like the Giants and Sox rather than the Giants / Yanks or Pats / Sox?

Also they are objective, to be honest a lot of people like what we did this year trades wise. I of course loved when we said #### you to Boston for trying to tamper with Julio.

The Devil Rays are a bad organization. The perfect storm? please. Tell me one year they didn't lose at least 90 games or finish any higher than 4th place. They've been around since 1997. in that time, the Diamondbacks, of whom the Rays will always be compared to, have won a WS and are gearing up for another playoff run next year. TB hasn't sniffed anything like that.  And the announcers are NOT objective. They are one peg short to being Hawk and Wimpy on WGN.

#38 : October 31, 2006, 04:13:06 PM

The Devil Rays are a bad organization. The perfect storm? please. Tell me one year they didn't lose at least 90 games or finish any higher than 4th place. They've been around since 1997. in that time, the Diamondbacks, of whom the Rays will always be compared to, have won a WS and are gearing up for another playoff run next year. TB hasn't sniffed anything like that. And the announcers are NOT objective. They are one peg short to being Hawk and Wimpy on WGN.
umm...you do get that the new owners are changing things, and also I'm sorry but the I've heard the Sox announcers, they are FAR worse

Eli10

Second String

#39 : October 31, 2006, 04:14:31 PM

The Devil Rays are a bad organization. The perfect storm? please. Tell me one year they didn't lose at least 90 games or finish any higher than 4th place. They've been around since 1997. in that time, the Diamondbacks, of whom the Rays will always be compared to, have won a WS and are gearing up for another playoff run next year. TB hasn't sniffed anything like that. And the announcers are NOT objective. They are one peg short to being Hawk and Wimpy on WGN.
umm...you do get that the new owners are changing things, and also I'm sorry but the I've heard the Sox announcers, they are FAR worse

New owners, bad fan base...face it. it's a Bucs town.  Red Sox are rated the top 3 tandem in MLB...

Devil Rays!  Heart and Hustle!!

#40 : October 31, 2006, 04:23:16 PM

New owners, bad fan base...face it. it's a Bucs town. Red Sox are rated the top 3 tandem in MLB...

Devil Rays! Heart and Hustle!!
umm if you haven't notice EVERY Tampa sports team has a 'bad' fanbase until we win...which the Rays will (you and your Sox got your asses handed to you by the Rays...I'm sure Papi's heart is just feeling great knowing he has to face Kazmir and Shields for the rest of his career add in Jeff Niemann and his fat ass is going to get dominated) the Bolts were 2nd in the entire NHL in attendence last season. Again I ask how the hell are you a Giant / Sawks fan rather tan Sox / Pats or Giants / Jets and Mets / Yanks fan?

(plus top 3 tandem? Umm Schilling is old, Beckett (or the blister **CENSORED** as I call him) is overrated, and...whoever else (Papelbon? Yeah Dioner Navarro kilt that Papelboner) are unproven)

Eli10

Second String

#41 : October 31, 2006, 05:27:06 PM

New owners, bad fan base...face it. it's a Bucs town. Red Sox are rated the top 3 tandem in MLB...

umm if you haven't notice EVERY Tampa sports team has a 'bad' fanbase until we win...which the Rays will (you and your Sox got your asses handed to you by the Rays...I'm sure Papi's heart is just feeling great knowing he has to face Kazmir and Shields for the rest of his career add in Jeff Niemann and his fat ass is going to get dominated) the Bolts were 2nd in the entire NHL in attendence last season. Again I ask how the hell are you a Giant / Sawks fan rather tan Sox / Pats or Giants / Jets and Mets / Yanks fan?

(plus top 3 tandem? Umm Schilling is old, Beckett (or the blister dog as I call him) is overrated, and...whoever else (Papelbon? Yeah Dioner Navarro kilt that Papelboner) are unproven)

top three tandem meant Remy and Orsillo. But seeing as though we have Schilling, beckett and Papelbon, I'd say we're in good shape. I grew up in Maine and the Pats were never on because they didn't sell out their games so I got the Giants games instead.

And if you think anyone can dominate Big papi, you're on drugs. By the way, you proved my point on the fan base. "It's a good fan base when we win." That's not a good fan base. A good fan base is Cubs and Sox fans when the team is eliminated from competition and the team still sells out.  That's a good fan base.

#42 : October 31, 2006, 05:30:59 PM

(plus top 3 tandem? Umm Schilling is old, Beckett (or the blister dog as I call him) is overrated, and...whoever else (Papelbon? Yeah Dioner Navarro kilt that Papelboner) are unproven)

top three tandem meant Remy and Orsillo. But seeing as though we have Schilling, beckett and Papelbon, I'd say we're in good shape. I grew up in Maine and the Pats were never on because they didn't sell out their games so I got the Giants games instead.

And if you think anyone can dominate Big papi, you're on drugs. By the way, you proved my point on the fan base. "It's a good fan base when we win." That's not a good fan base. A good fan base is Cubs and Sox fans when the team is eliminated from competition and the team still sells out. That's a good fan base.
most Sox fans are **CENSORED**heads, one Sox fan told our heckler's SON (still a very young child, around 6 I believe) that she hopes he doesn't grow up to be like his dad.....THIS IS AT THE TROP for cying out loud. Also Kazmir does own Big Fatti and Manny who I believe is going to spend hs off-season playing with coloring books (he does get annoyed as he can't seem to stay inside the lines)

Eli10

Second String

#43 : October 31, 2006, 10:36:05 PM

And if you think anyone can dominate Big papi, you're on drugs. By the way, you proved my point on the fan base. "It's a good fan base when we win." That's not a good fan base. A good fan base is Cubs and Sox fans when the team is eliminated from competition and the team still sells out. That's a good fan base.
most Sox fans are **CENSORED**heads, one Sox fan told our heckler's SON (still a very young child, around 6 I believe) that she hopes he doesn't grow up to be like his dad.....THIS IS AT THE TROP for cying out loud. Also Kazmir does own Big Fatti and Manny who I believe is going to spend hs off-season playing with coloring books (he does get annoyed as he can't seem to stay inside the lines)

The reason it was at the Trop is because whenever the Sox play there, the fan base is about 80% Red Sox fans.  D-Rays having fans makes me feel better. I thought it was just cardboard cutouts sitting in a row.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 31, 2006, 10:39:28 PM

Chris Berman.  Back, back, back, back, back.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Favorite Sports Announcer??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools