Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bad news for Urban « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #30 : April 21, 2007, 05:37:48 PM »

Yeh Ray It is true that everyone's brain is smaller relative their body. Heck, I read an Alligator's brain is the size of a walnut.

Likewise, I believe playing by the rules is correct. Point being is sometimes a new technology or a loophole allows you to bypass rules in place that govern such things as contact with recruits. I call that circumventing rules and the very least questionable ethics, you disagree.

Just like demanding the first 6 games be played at home when a series begins is questionable ethics

Or setting up a schedule each year that never involves traveling out of state to play out of conference games is questionable ethics.

or dropping your third oldest rival from the annual schedule when they become too tough to handle is questionable ethics and avoidance of the spirit of competition and sportsmanship.

Heck, at one time before the 85 rule was put into place there was a legendary coach who deliberately had rosters 8 to 10 deep to keep opponents from getting certain players on the roster was again questionable ethics. The NCAA outlawed that practice as well.

All the above are ways to unlevel the playing field to have a better chance at success again pushing the edge of ethics and integrity IMO

From your comments you obviously disagree. I suggest you read a book on ethics and perhaps you will understand my point since either you don't understand ethical behavior or choose to ignore it.

You keep making accusations about me stating you have no ethics or morals in this thread. I have stated nothing in this thread that remotely resembles that statement. Stating such is a lie and again questionable ethics, and yes Ray you have made the personal attacks directly at me in this thread, and now deny this which of course is yet another lie. If you can't discuss things without a personally attacking me perhaps you need to avoid discussing such issues with me.

I merely have stated points on what I consider is pushing the envelope of unethical behavior. Judging by your comments you seem to have a different concept of ethics. Hence, I make the suggestion that you read a book on ethics. Perhaps than you will understand my point.

LOL @ Runole.

I must admit you do have an interesting way of twisting and turning things to try and make it look like you know what you are talking about.  You can try and say whatever you want, but the BOTTOM LINE is up to THIS POINT there has been no rule against text messaging.  Heck, they haven't even VOTED THIS into place yet, as that will come to vote next week.  Calling someone a cheater for breaking no rules is downright pathetic.  Of course, as I said before, if Saint Bobby actually knew what a text message was and how to send one, I know that you would have a drastically different stance.  But since FSU was not smart enough to use technology to their advantage, you feel the need to bash those that do.  Par for the course for you.

Of course, I stopped reading your pathetic argument about halfway through.  When you can come up with a clear and conise argument that stays on topic, maybe I'll give that a read.  It is clear that you are jealous of UF and their recent success coupled with FSU's recent shortcomings.  This is why every chance you get you trya nd take a cheap shot at UF.  I must admit this is quite flattering to see an old man like yourself trying to "reach" and call UF a cheater and saying they have "questionable ethics" because they are smart enough to use technology WITHIN THE RULES to their advantage.  Many others schools do the same.  Unfrotunately for you FSU was not competent to do so.  Hmm, interesting...FSU not competent, FSU fans...................

I suggest you read the college rule book from last year.  When you find something that says sending text messages is illegal, get back to me.  Until then keep your filthy lies and downright ridiculous accusations to yourself.  What is unethical is you going around slinging cheating accusations which are unfounded.  Your holier than all attitude is also disgusting. 

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #31 : April 22, 2007, 09:28:02 AM »

Bottom line---There is no bad news for Urban....or GatorNation!!

« #32 : April 22, 2007, 07:15:45 PM »

You've got to love the expert analysis offered above this post.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #33 : April 22, 2007, 10:16:26 PM »

Much  shorter & to the point. Runole can babble for days.

« #34 : April 22, 2007, 10:33:56 PM »

Much shorter & tu the point. Runole can babble for days.
Et tu, Brutus?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #35 : April 22, 2007, 10:40:17 PM »

Who appointed you the spelling police?? Quit following me around the board.  Doesn't your little club have a meeting at the fort or something?

« #36 : April 22, 2007, 10:50:16 PM »

At least make a common mistake like 'too', but 'tu'? I'm guessing English wasn't your major?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #37 : April 22, 2007, 11:56:20 PM »

That was microbiology. My major was not typing!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #38 : April 23, 2007, 12:58:53 AM »

You still don't get it... Read a book on ethics

Oh and Ray if you didn't read my post why did you respond?? Hint: Lying is not ethical!!

"clear and (conise?)"concise? I have been on topic all along with my opinions of text messaging and the NCAA's move to ban it. Where have I mentioned FSU at all in this thread? It would appear that you are just too sensitive and defensive in my opinion. Just a thought but that points to a guilty conscience on your part and constantly trying bring UF into the conversation. Though the original topic was referring to Urban in its title, my points had only to do with applauding the NCAA's decision and why I supported it.

Again my only comment from the beginning: This is a good choice by the NCAA since IMHO those that extensively use text messaging are clearly trying circumvent the rules of recruiting and permissible contacts Truthfully, I believe that this is cheating. It most certainly is intrusive.

Again for clarity I have not stated Urban was cheating. I have merely stated that discovering a loophole and a way of circumventing the rules of phone contact with a new technology available indeed pushes the envelope on following the rules of contact by the NCAA. While you apparently approve this way of circumventing rules of contact I don't.

Learning to get around rules is something you obviously feel good about from your remarks. You will pardon me if I don't agree with that thought.

Again we choose to disagree. Holier than thou?? Just because I value ethics and integrity and not trying to bend rules has no relevance to making such an outragous comment. That you are disgusted that I have these values is a bit disturbing. What do you value?

Are you even capable of ever being civil in any discussion??

Can you read?  Or are you just lying to try and make your point? 

I believe what I said was "Of course, I stopped reading your pathetic argument about halfway through."  I never said i didn't read it at all, like you claim.  It appears the only LIAR is YOU!  Calling me a liar and making up things I said is very unethical IMO.

Bottom line, AGAIN, is that no rule existed banning text messaging up to this point, so anyone who used it as means of contact was smart and NOT cheating, like you claim.  No matter how many times you say it is cheating, or say you think it is cheating, or say it was unethical for all the coaches who did it, it just is not true. 

No rule was circumvented because no rule existed. 

The NCAA is making this rule because as they admitted they cannot regulate text messages.  This will be on the "honor system" even if it passes the vote.  I suppose though that Emails will be the next method used to recruit players.  I wonder if the NCAA will start monitoring Recruits inboxes?  LOL.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #39 : April 23, 2007, 03:09:52 AM »

Ray why do you bother-- seriously is it just entertainment for you?

The guy is seething with Gator Envy -- he'll look for anything to try and feel better. Just relish in watching him squirm as he tries to justify to himself of just how the Gators have won 3 NCAA titles -- they are coming off Bball and Football titles and have recruited to only get better while the crappy garnet and gold muddles through mediocrity. It is killing him to know the Blue and Orange is title town and he'll take any string of hope to try and minimize it. And after all is said and done and he spews his venom he'll still have to know

GATORS are Champs

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #40 : April 23, 2007, 04:32:38 AM »

NCAA Rules   Severely limited phone contact with recruits... "new technology enables some coaches to bypass the "spirit" of the rules of contact thereby having far more contact than the NCAA would normally permit.  NCAA gets wind of the widespread practice growing every day throughout division and moves to outlaw it.

Good Move by the NCAA...   Does anyone honestly believe Urban is text messaging these recruits day and night all by himself?   IMHO I doubt it.  Instead I would imagine he has a few interns and students maintaining the contact...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and BucsFansfor life,

Congrats on UF's accomplishment they have done something in Basketball and Football that neither FSU or Miami has done.

Oh and Ray you read my entire post...  Quit fibbing!!  LOL

Will be interesting to see how much the NCAA limits this in the future..  Personally, I think it is a wrong and unethical practice in several ways.

UF fans applaud the practice???    Figures!! 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #41 : April 23, 2007, 05:11:25 AM »

Ray why do you bother-- seriously is it just entertainment for you?

The guy is seething with Gator Envy -- he'll look for anything to try and feel better. Just relish in watching him squirm as he tries to justify to himself of just how the Gators have won 3 NCAA titles -- they are coming off Bball and Football titles and have recruited to only get better while the crappy garnet and gold muddles through mediocrity. It is killing him to know the Blue and Orange is title town and he'll take any string of hope to try and minimize it. And after all is said and done and he spews his venom he'll still have to know

GATORS are Champs

It is entertaining at times, but also gets old.  But I do find it funny when he posts such crap and then I prove him wrong. Like where he called me a liar about reading his post, when in actuality I said I read half. I think he gets so heated and types crap out so fast he doesn't realize it is false.....

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #42 : April 23, 2007, 06:41:38 PM »

Why does every thread turn into this?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #43 : April 23, 2007, 12:20:58 PM »

Because FSU doesn't give runole anything to be excited about, so he devotes his time to trashing UF and UF fans in order to make himself feel good.

I find it quite amusing actually.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #44 : April 23, 2007, 05:06:55 PM »

So Ray should text messaging be banned, or should it continue to be a way for coaches to break the spirit of rules by the NCAA governing the limits of contact with recruits??
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bad news for Urban « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools