Boards > Pirate's Cove

Worst day yet - More than 170 dead in Iraq blasts

(1/5) > >>

mjs020294:
I view this has a foreign policy topic and hopefully it shouldn't get too political, not along party lines anyway. 

The decisions that have been made in the past are history, and I don’t really care what decisions were right and wrong.  The question is how and when do we cut our losses and let them get on with their civil war in Iraq.  Young Americans (and Brits) shouldn’t be nanny'ing civil disputes on foreign soil, not unless it turns to genocide like in Kosovo.  Are we helping or hindering the situation, would it be worse without us?

Discuss !!  (without being political)

At least 170 people have been killed in a string of attacks in Iraq's capital, Baghdad - the worst day of violence since a US security operation began.
In the deadliest incident, some 120 people were killed in a car bombing in a food market in Sadriya district.

A witness said the area had been turned into "a swimming pool of blood".

The attacks came as Prime Minister Nouri Maliki said Iraqi forces would assume control of the country's security by the end of the year.

US Defence Secretary Robert Gates said the attacks were "a horrifying thing," but said insurgents would not derail the ongoing security drive in Baghdad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6567329.stm

JavaBuc:
I think we should pull out and let the French take over from here.

mjs020294:

--- Quote from: JavaBuc on April 18, 2007, 02:06:27 PM ---I think we should pull out and let the French take over from here.

--- End quote ---

My own personal preference would be let the Israelis take over, but I just have a thing for wiping out Arabs and needless bloodshed.

Oxymoron alert.  ^^

JavaBuc:
If the Israelis took over, they would immediatley be attacked from all sides.  Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, as well as the local Iraqi's would go balls to the wall to defeat them.

mjs020294:

--- Quote from: JavaBuc on April 18, 2007, 02:15:32 PM ---If the Israelis took over, they would immediatley be attacked from all sides. Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, as well as the local Iraqi's would go balls to the wall to defeat them.

--- End quote ---

Israel have nukes, the others don’t.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version