Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBC gets video of VT Killer « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 19, 2007, 09:42:39 AM

This kid could have easily made my prediction true:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070419/ap_on_re_us/n_c__shooting;_ylt=AkVwMmVEje0pjvt5NxabC7BvzwcF

Thank god the cops got to him early.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#16 : April 19, 2007, 09:47:42 AM

damn these kids are already starting,  it's not gonna take long until it happens again, sad, sad,sad....

gharen

Pro Bowler

#17 : April 19, 2007, 10:45:35 AM

The tough part is trying to decide what is too much media exposure. On one hand, I want to know why he did this and what his thoughts were, but on the other hand, I can't help thinking that him being all over the tv is just leading to future bastards doing the same thing. They see all the exposure and feel like in death they will get the popularity that they will never get in life!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 19, 2007, 09:56:22 AM

"I die like Jesus Christ, to inspire generations of the weak and the defenseless people"

I missed that part in the Bible where JC went all John Woo on the Romans. Any of your more devoted type want to point me to that part since I hate missing a good action sequence.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#19 : April 19, 2007, 10:00:22 AM

yea i can't belive he compared himself to Jesus Christ

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 19, 2007, 10:01:46 AM

yea i can't belive he compared himself to Jesus Christ

That's standard.   Charles Manson did the same.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#21 : April 19, 2007, 10:09:32 AM

it may be standard for these idiots to consider themselves as JC, but JC was suppose to be a saavior, who do these homicidal maniacs think they are saving? they aren't saving, they are slaying

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 19, 2007, 10:35:44 AM

I missed that part in the Bible where JC went all John Woo on the Romans.
LOL

What about on "South Park" a couple of weeks ago, where he went "Blade" on that one dude........ Pretty sweet!

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#23 : April 19, 2007, 10:49:45 AM

I agree about striking a balance between exposure and overexposure but I dont see the press even seeing that line right now....

Guess it was a matter of time before someone blamed the movies..

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/

The inspiration for perhaps the most inexplicable image in the set that Cho Seung-Hui mailed to NBC news on Monday may be a movie from South Korea that won the Gran Prix prize at Cannes Film Festival in 2004.

The poses in the two images are similar, and the plot of the movie, “Oldboy,” seems dark enough to merit at least some further study. Following is The Times’s plot summary:

The film centers on a seemingly ordinary businessman, Dae-su (the terrific Choi Min-sik), who, after being mysteriously imprisoned, goes on an extensive, exhausting rampage, seeking answers and all manner of bloody revenge.

In a Times review, Manohla Dargis wrote that the film’s “body count and sadistic violence” mostly appealed to “cult-film aficionados for whom distinctions between high art and low are unknown, unrecognized and certainly unwelcome.”

A Virginia Tech professor, Paul Harrill, alerted us of the similarity between images in the hope that it would shed some light on what led Mr. Cho to kill 32 on Monday before turning the gun on himself.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 19, 2007, 11:24:44 AM

I guess I'm a  cult-film aficionado since Oldboy is a great film by Park Chanwook

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050324/REVIEWS/50310001/1023

He also directed the equally good Joint Security Area.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#25 : April 19, 2007, 11:33:26 AM

I guess I'm a  cult-film aficionado since Oldboy is a great film by Park Chanwook

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050324/REVIEWS/50310001/1023

He also directed the equally good Joint Security Area.

Wish I hadnt heard of this film because of the shootings or Id be more tempted to check it out.  Maybe down the road...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#26 : April 19, 2007, 12:17:12 PM

terrorist act just a guess or the terrorist overseas will hold him up as a hero. I just have a weird feeling it may be related to terrorism

Not even....he was a deranged, psycho loser - his final acts proved it even more. Disturbing to see his mug on the tube more than once. Hope the media stops and lets the loser and his act be long forgotten.

#27 : April 19, 2007, 12:51:28 PM

"Oldboy" is a great film. I own it on DVD, but never felt any violent urges after watching it.
Supposedly it's going to be remade for North America with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt starring. I'll pass on that one.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 19, 2007, 01:54:07 PM

"Oldboy" is a great film. I own it on DVD, but never felt any violent urges after watching it.
Supposedly it's going to be remade for North America with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt starring. I'll pass on that one.

Oh my, that'd suck.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 19, 2007, 06:11:43 PM

terrorist act just a guess or the terrorist overseas will hold him up as a hero. I just have a weird feeling it may be related to terrorism

I doubt it. Most muslims I know hate the Chinese and Koreans.
Funny.  They actually respect the Japanese...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBC gets video of VT Killer « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools