Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Congrats Josh Hamilton « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

#60 : April 19, 2007, 10:09:36 PM

You're missing my point Ronde, I'm saying how can you call out Dukes, who has had reasons for his anger, for being a punk, when this man put drugs over his wife and 'love' of baseball.

At least Dukes never did anything stupid like quit baseball, lord knows after Tamargo whipped him daily for no reason he very well could've and I wouldn't have blamed him.

#61 : April 19, 2007, 10:10:45 PM

Irregardless I'm done with this, I don't care about Mr. Hamilton, if my joke offended then so be it, I'd apologize but I've never had to apologize for calling Dukes / Gomes the Bong Brothers. If this means no more J-Hamma in the Rays thread then I'm all for it.

#62 : April 20, 2007, 06:15:58 AM

Why do you keep comparing Dukes to Hamilton. I favor neither one over the other, in fact in my money fantasy baseball league I have both of them on my team

#63 : April 20, 2007, 06:16:41 AM

O and if Dukes EVER goes 1 year without being arrested or causing problems I will be just as enthused as I am about Hamilton

#64 : April 20, 2007, 11:56:22 PM

Ironphist you are missing the point. You can bump this thread 2 months from now if you want and it will make no difference what he is doing. The Devil Rays clearly had less talented baseball players protected on their 40 man roster, who enabled another team to take Josh HAmilton. Like JD said, we protected Damon HOllins on our 40 man roster and the day after Hamilton was taken we let Hollins go. It makes NO SENSE. So whether Hamilton hits 30 HR this year, or 10, it is still going to have been a bad decision to elect to keep Shawn Camp, Chris Seddon, Josh Paul, Damon Hollins, Brian Meadows, Seth McClung, Dan Miceli, etc on the team. All of which are guys no longer in their youth, and with half the tools that Joshs Hamilton has.

Even if Hamilton goes on another crack binge and never played again, it was still a bad decision based on the fact that everybody knew exactly what kind of talent all of the guys mentioned above had but we still let a former #1 overall pick who appeared to be atleast making his first legit attempt to come back, leave so that we could keep guys that we knew sucked.

#65 : April 21, 2007, 12:38:18 AM

Bro I don't even think you read when someone responds, I've told you 9-10 times Meadows was gone before the Rule V draft, and you still bring him up?
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Congrats Josh Hamilton « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools