Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early NBA playoffs Predictions « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 30

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#15 : April 21, 2007, 06:09:07 AM

I don't think the Suns make a run to the Finals. They will get tired out simply because their style of play run and run and run all season long. In 3 rounds they will play about 21 games assuming every game goes to game 7. Doubt it happens but still its alot of games because players get tired after the 100th game,so I think the Mavs go the Finals to meet the Pistons.
If Wade isn't 90%+ then its a wrap for the Heat.

That's a fairly big assumption there.  I think the Suns are primed to make it to the finals this year.  Everything seems to be going their way.  Nash had another MVP type season, Amare is back and FULLY healthy, Marion is still Marion who can do it all, Barbosa has emerged as a deadly shooter/scorer off the bench (guy shoots 43.4% 3's), Diaw is the perfect complement at PF as he can dish it or score, Bell is another sharpshooter, etc.   They can beat you inside and outside.  They have the best PG in the NBA.  I think people are sleeping on the Suns a bit.

Of course, facing Bryant in round 1, they could go home.  I doubt it, but with a player like Kobe you're never out of it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 21, 2007, 06:10:56 AM

Bulls beat the heat round 1... my upset
According to a lot of people, that is not an upset at all.

Hinrich owns D-Wade.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 21, 2007, 06:13:19 AM

Hinrich owns D-Wade.
Sarcam right?

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 21, 2007, 06:16:49 AM

Hinrich owns D-Wade.
Sarcam right?
Dude, Hinrich has given the Wade fits in his career.  Go look it up if you don't believe me.  Riley and Wade are always blasting Kirk, espescially for that "purposeful" arm tug he gave him.  It may be mental, but Hinrich gets in his grill to many many many  (including mine's) amazement.

Wade does not light it up versus the Bulls.  And he is hurt, so I suspect it will only get worse...

And if you meant the Bulls beating the HEat, no.  There is no sarcasm in that either.  Many think the Bulls can do it.  While some say who can guard Shaq, that is why Big Ben was bought.  Not for the regular season, but for the playoffs.  On the flip side, who on the heat can guard Deng?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#19 : April 21, 2007, 06:18:00 AM

Well, the thing is IF the Heat and specifically Wade was healthy this would be a 5 game series probably.  But with Wade in question the Bulls have a chance and it wouldn't be shocking for them to win.  

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 21, 2007, 06:37:52 AM

I was referring to the upset. I don't believe that would be an upset for the Bulls. Like you said they brought in Big Ben to stick shaq and Hinrich and Gordon are just beastie. I think Posey sticks on Deng, but Deng is going to eat him alive. Kapono and Wright needs to step it up in the playoffs bring their (A game), Bulls got Nocioni so they should be back. Should be the best series in the East.

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 21, 2007, 06:48:01 AM

I got the Suns winning it all.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 21, 2007, 06:42:12 AM

I don't think the Suns make a run to the Finals. They will get tired out simply because their style of play run and run and run all season long. In 3 rounds they will play about 21 games assuming every game goes to game 7. Doubt it happens but still its alot of games because players get tired after the 100th game,so I think the Mavs go the Finals to meet the Pistons.
If Wade isn't 90%+ then its a wrap for the Heat.

That's a fairly big assumption there. I think the Suns are primed to make it to the finals this year. Everything seems to be going their way. Nash had another MVP type season, Amare is back and FULLY healthy, Marion is still Marion who can do it all, Barbosa has emerged as a deadly shooter/scorer off the bench (guy shoots 43.4% 3's), Diaw is the perfect complement at PF as he can dish it or score, Bell is another sharpshooter, etc. They can beat you inside and outside. They have the best PG in the NBA. I think people are sleeping on the Suns a bit.

Of course, facing Bryant in round 1, they could go home. I doubt it, but with a player like Kobe you're never out of it.
I like the Mavs over the Suns. Howard,Stackhouse,Dirk,Terry (scorers) Suns(Nash,Barbosa,Marion,Stodimire)
Mavs have a better defense(Dampier and Diop can stick Stoudmire) Terry eats Nash up. Nash vs Harris good matchup so it won't be cake for Nash.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 21, 2007, 06:55:35 AM

I can't see the Suns winning it all. The Pistons should give them some problems if they were to play. Amare Stoudmire would probably score 50 points a game though.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#24 : April 21, 2007, 07:12:58 AM

I'll never count the Suns out when they have Nash, Amare, and Marion.  You are talking basically all 3 of those guys are top 5 (at worst, maybe top 3) at their respective positions.  Barbosa is lightning off the bench, Bell is a great shooter, and Diaw is a ball handling big guy who can distribute like a PG. 

My money would be on Suns, Mavs, Pistons, and Heat as my top 4 to make the finals. 

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 21, 2007, 07:19:24 AM

My money would be on Suns, Mavs, Pistons, and Heat as my top 4 to make the finals.
I agree those are probably the best teams.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 23, 2007, 01:47:27 AM

I'll never count the Suns out when they have Nash, Amare, and Marion. You are talking basically all 3 of those guys are top 5 (at worst, maybe top 3) at their respective positions. Barbosa is lightning off the bench, Bell is a great shooter, and Diaw is a ball handling big guy who can distribute like a PG.

Barbosa carried the Suns today.

And the next time they meet, the game won't be so close, IMO.  The Lakers have nothing to make me think they can be contenders.  Kobe will still get his, but no one else on the Lakers are doing jack, IMO.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#27 : April 23, 2007, 02:07:55 AM

I'll never count the Suns out when they have Nash, Amare, and Marion. You are talking basically all 3 of those guys are top 5 (at worst, maybe top 3) at their respective positions. Barbosa is lightning off the bench, Bell is a great shooter, and Diaw is a ball handling big guy who can distribute like a PG.

Barbosa carried the Suns today.

And the next time they meet, the game won't be so close, IMO. The Lakers have nothing to make me think they can be contenders. Kobe will still get his, but no one else on the Lakers are doing jack, IMO.

Well, that's just it.  The Suns have 4-5 guys easy who can beat you.  They won by 8 today even shooting 6-23 from 3's.  That usually doesn't happen. 

Barbosa had a great second half, Amare had 23 and 12, Nash 20 and 10, Marion 16 and 16. 

The Lakers aren't going to win any games if Kobe has just 1 assist a game either.  He HAS to get everyone else involved in order for them to have chance.

#28 : April 23, 2007, 02:09:35 AM

I'm hoping for two playoff wins by Orlando, just something to give us a little experience (6 games in effect) for next year.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 23, 2007, 05:00:09 AM

Im hoping AI and Melo steal game 1

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 30
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early NBA playoffs Predictions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools