Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early NBA playoffs Predictions « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 28 29 30

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#435 : May 28, 2008, 09:03:18 PM

Football is different for one reason, WE ARE IN A FOOTBALL FORUM (Website).....

Football has instant replay.

And Kobe Bryant didn't get fouled once on all his shots? So..... that Lakers conspiracy thing is pretty ridiculous.

So how is football so much more different? Refs play a role in some plays like in a couple of the Pats wins....

LFO

Hall of Famer

#436 : May 28, 2008, 09:13:38 PM

Says the conspiracy theory guy.

So tell me how Crawford is calling this game, he is right there, and NO FOUL on Barry on that 3?

LMAO!

Whether it is rigged or not, Crawford has no business calling these Spurs games after he was SUSPENDED for the Duncan saga and almost lost his job.

Clear foul, no call....you can call it what you want.

And I don't like the Spurs, but if I were a fan I'd be PISSED about Crawford calling the game first of all, and 2nd not calling that clear as day foul.

The more you talk, the more i discredit your opinion.  You obviously know very little about basketball. 99% of refs are going to swallow their whistle there.  Like joe said, If Barry jumps into fisher and shoots then it is a foul that has to be called... He didn't though making it very hard for the ref to make that call.  The Spurs got all the calls tonight they went to the line a gazillion times on nothing fouls yet Kobe didn't get fouled all game???  The game was horribly officiated the whole time except for that last call... Which was the right one...  and i'm sure my opinion means nothing to you... maybe his will

"If I was the official I wouldn't have called that a foul," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said.

LOL.

So let me get this straight....I don't know anything because I don't think a guy who is fouled has to THEN SELL THE DAMN THING?

There should be NOTHING to sell.  The guy was fouled, plain and simple. 

Of course the Spurs are going to give you the company line, that is what they do and part of why they have been so successful over the years.  But bottom line is that was a foul.  A guy should not have to sell it to get it, especially when it is clear as day.

As for the TNT guys, what are they going to say?  "Hey viewers, the NBA is rigged and that is another example"  Of course not,  Their goal is to get the most viewers to gain the most $$$$ in sponsors in order to attain the highest salaries and most $$$ for their station.....

Of course, I guess that is the problem with the NBA even outside the possibility that it is fixed.  Certain guys (Lebron, Kobe, MJ for instance) can take 3-4 steps and others get 2.  Certain guys get a foul called for breathing, others can hack a guy and get away with it. 

A foul should be a foul, and a walk should be a walk.  There shouldn't be separate sets of rules for players, based on how "good" you are. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#437 : May 29, 2008, 01:05:09 AM

Says the conspiracy theory guy.

So tell me how Crawford is calling this game, he is right there, and NO FOUL on Barry on that 3?

LMAO!

Whether it is rigged or not, Crawford has no business calling these Spurs games after he was SUSPENDED for the Duncan saga and almost lost his job.

Clear foul, no call....you can call it what you want.

And I don't like the Spurs, but if I were a fan I'd be PISSED about Crawford calling the game first of all, and 2nd not calling that clear as day foul.

The more you talk, the more i discredit your opinion.  You obviously know very little about basketball.

You going to discredit the NBA also?  Do they know little about basketball?

Looks like the League agrees with me:

The league office on Wednesday reviewed the final play of the San Antonio Spurs' 93-91 home loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals and acknowledged that a two-shot foul should have been called on Derek Fisher for impeding Brent Barry.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#438 : May 29, 2008, 04:46:55 AM

LOL.

So let me get this straight....I don't know anything because I don't think a guy who is fouled has to THEN SELL THE DAMN THING?

There should be NOTHING to sell. The guy was fouled, plain and simple.

Of course the Spurs are going to give you the company line, that is what they do and part of why they have been so successful over the years. But bottom line is that was a foul. A guy should not have to sell it to get it, especially when it is clear as day.

As for the TNT guys, what are they going to say? "Hey viewers, the NBA is rigged and that is another example" Of course not, Their goal is to get the most viewers to gain the most $$$$ in sponsors in order to attain the highest salaries and most $$$ for their station.....

Of course, I guess that is the problem with the NBA even outside the possibility that it is fixed. Certain guys (Lebron, Kobe, MJ for instance) can take 3-4 steps and others get 2. Certain guys get a foul called for breathing, others can hack a guy and get away with it.

A foul should be a foul, and a walk should be a walk. There shouldn't be separate sets of rules for players, based on how "good" you are.

I NEVER SAID IT WASN'T a foul, i said 99% of officials aren't going to make that call.  You have to let the players decide that game... Barry wasn't expecting to get that call,not in that sit.  Michael Wilbon set it best on PTI today, that is a foul in every quarter and even the early fourth but not in the final seconds.   Did you see the clip of Bowen grabbing Lebron??? That was a no call as well, Did you see the game one of boston and the cavs series. Lebron gets that call every other time... except late in the fourth.

Players know that in the finals seconds that unless it is hard contact that a call is not going to be made

Next time read what i SAID not what you want me to say so you can continue to argue your conspiracy theory

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#439 : May 29, 2008, 12:36:34 PM

Looks like the League agrees with me:

The league office on Wednesday reviewed the final play of the San Antonio Spurs' 93-91 home loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals and acknowledged that a two-shot foul should have been called on Derek Fisher for impeding Brent Barry.

That's a total CYA by the NBA. By admonishing themselves, they effectively remove any suspected involment in the imaginary "conspiracy" theory and lay the onus on the refs. A smart PR move, but aside from the Lakers and thier fans, all that did was p*ss everyone off and frustrate Spurs nation and Laker haters even more..

Booker

Hall of Famer

#440 : May 29, 2008, 11:41:57 PM

Looks like Lakers to the NBA Finals. Thank you REFS!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::)

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#441 : May 29, 2008, 11:56:52 PM

I'd love to go to a Finals game. We'll see.
Kobe is unbelievable.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#442 : May 30, 2008, 12:18:34 AM

LOL.

There should be NOTHING to sell. The guy was fouled, plain and simple.

Of course the Spurs are going to give you the company line, that is what they do and part of why they have been so successful over the years. But bottom line is that was a foul. A guy should not have to sell it to get it, especially when it is clear as day.

As for the TNT guys, what are they going to say? "Hey viewers, the NBA is rigged and that is another example" Of course not, Their goal is to get the most viewers to gain the most $$$$ in sponsors in order to attain the highest salaries and most $$$ for their station.....

Of course, I guess that is the problem with the NBA even outside the possibility that it is fixed. Certain guys (Lebron, Kobe, MJ for instance) can take 3-4 steps and others get 2. Certain guys get a foul called for breathing, others can hack a guy and get away with it.

A foul should be a foul, and a walk should be a walk. There shouldn't be separate sets of rules for players, based on how "good" you are.

I NEVER SAID IT WASN'T a foul, i said 99% of officials aren't going to make that call.  You have to let the players decide that game... Barry wasn't expecting to get that call,not in that sit.  Michael Wilbon set it best on PTI today, that is a foul in every quarter and even the early fourth but not in the final seconds.   Did you see the clip of Bowen grabbing Lebron??? That was a no call as well, Did you see the game one of boston and the cavs series. Lebron gets that call every other time... except late in the fourth.

Players know that in the finals seconds that unless it is hard contact that a call is not going to be made

Next time read what i SAID not what you want me to say so you can continue to argue your conspiracy theory

It's a foul.  The league said it was a foul, and should have been called a foul. 

I don't want you to say anything.  The league said it all and proved my point....

Calls should NOT be selective.  A foul is a foul. 

I hate this concept that many have adopted that holds that fouls become a subjective matter based on the time remaining in the game balanced against the foulee's proximity to the basket & his relative chances of making the shot he either attempted or intended to attempt. It's pure balderdash. A play that is called a foul in the 5th minute of the game should be called in the 48th minute. There is no logical way to refute that assertion.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#443 : May 30, 2008, 12:19:24 AM

Looks like Lakers to the NBA Finals. Thank you REFS!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::)

I expect the Celtics to join the Lakers soon, and the NBA gets their "dream" Finals.

Page: 1 ... 28 29 30
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early NBA playoffs Predictions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools