Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NY stud prospect out for year « previous next »
Page: 1

: April 20, 2007, 08:28:26 AM

Yea right when the Yankees were starting to impress me by having what appeared to be a formidable 1-2 punch in AAA, Sanchez goes down. This has to really hurt right now with as many injuries they are dealing with. Then again I think Sanchez was further away than Hughes, and had atleast 3-4 months of minor league work left to do

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#1 : April 20, 2007, 12:19:54 AM

I liked Hughed more but either way Sanchez was good himself and this is a tough loss.

#2 : April 20, 2007, 07:46:37 AM

Anyone else here about this? Humberto Sanchez had elbow surgery. Tough break. This is the main piece the Yankees got for Gary Sheffield. I was a big fan of Sanchez. I've never seen Phillip Hughes pitch but I know Sanchez had top of the rotation potential for sure. Hope he can come back from this

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 20, 2007, 07:55:22 PM

This is a blow, but like you guys said, Hughes is the guy you'll see pitching in the bigs first.

The yankees have so many pitching injuries right now.  If they make a run deep into the playoffs this year, I will be amazed.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

#4 : April 21, 2007, 12:00:20 AM

I loved how Huberto Sanchez pitched. He was an energy and adrenaline guy like Dontrelle Willis or Felix Hernandez. Maybe not quite as talented as those guys, but I think he was putting it together
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NY stud prospect out for year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools