Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Young Florida defenders should have stayed in school « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #15 : April 20, 2007, 07:08:54 PM »

If he has always been in a simple scheme, how do they know he is not a quick study and cannot learn more complex schemes?

That would be like someone saying Lynch was not smart because he was in a simple scheme. 

Is everyone who plays in a tampa/cover 2 stupid?  I mean they must be since the scheme is simple right?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #16 : April 20, 2007, 07:12:41 PM »

well since he met with 20 or so teams and I'm sure they made him do board work and watch film we will find out what they think of him next Saturday.  IMHO he won't make it out of the first round.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #17 : April 20, 2007, 07:13:07 PM »

If he has always been in a simple scheme, how do they know he is not a quick study and cannot learn more complex schemes?

That would be like someone saying Lynch was not smart because he was in a simple scheme.

Is everyone who plays in a tampa/cover 2 stupid? I mean they must be since the scheme is simple right?

I'm assuming they're getting this from his coaches or his wonderlic.  Scouts are too smart to make that assumption.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #18 : April 20, 2007, 07:19:10 PM »

since he had to go the junior college route I would assume he didn't have the SAT scores or grades to get into Florida out of H.S.  But many a player has  had to go that route.  NBD.  Football isn't rocket science or brain surgery.

Boriqua

Starter
« #19 : April 20, 2007, 07:40:37 PM »

I'm a Gator fan and I'm not mad about this one bit. Let Regge fall to the second, people need to realize that while brain power is helpful, instincts and football savvy are also huge when considering how a player will do. Let him fall, and let the Bucs realize he is a ball hawk and a playmaker. Pick him up!

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #20 : April 20, 2007, 07:48:39 PM »

I'm a Gator fan and I'm not mad about this one bit. Let Regge fall to the second, people need to realize that while brain power is helpful, instincts and football savvy are also huge when considering how a player will do. Let him fall, and let the Bucs realize he is a ball hawk and a playmaker. Pick him up!

Yeah.  In some schemes it would matter but ours is about as easy as it gets.  Instincts will suffice just fine.

simmsj22

Starter

« #21 : April 20, 2007, 09:40:31 PM »

to me this article  had decent intentions but wrong information. Ryan Smith already had his degree and knew that he wasnt going to be a top pick and would probably hurt his stock by going back. Nelson will be drafted in the top 35-40 picks, and althought he isnt a genius, how many nfl corners and safeties are??? He would be a great fit for many teams including the bucs who play rather simple styles of defense and his stock wasnt going to get any higher after the year he just had and could be taken as early as mid round 1. As for siler, while he is alittle stiff how exactly would an extra year help him? Hes a solid player who will be drafted mid rounds and could eventually become an nfl starter with some work. Its not like any of these guys stock was going to increase by going back, and a few of their stocks probably would of went down.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #22 : April 20, 2007, 02:23:22 PM »

I don't doubt Reggie had low SAT and/or grades. But again being a smart football player, knowing X's and O's and being a good test taker and having book smarts are completely different things.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #23 : April 21, 2007, 05:39:47 AM »

Nelson I honestly feel would be a steal if he drops to the Bucs at 2a.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #24 : April 21, 2007, 05:43:47 AM »

Nelson I honestly feel would be a steal if he drops to the Bucs at 2a.
He sure would

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #25 : April 21, 2007, 05:50:45 AM »

I won't be surprised at all 10 years from now if we are talking about RFN being the best safety out of this draft and one of the best players this draft produced. 

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

« #26 : April 21, 2007, 07:18:25 AM »

one of my draft magazines said they same thing about Nelson: "Plays in a simplified scheme that allows him to focus. Is not a quick study and may struggle on a team that implements vastly different game plans each week...." But then I realized it is from the same source as this article as it is Pro Football Weekly 2007 Draft Guide.

Check out their mock draft in the magazine..they have the Baltimore Colts making the 32nd selection...apparently Reggie isn't the only one who is slow mentally.  Guy is a playmaker and I would be thrilled to see him in a Bucs uniform.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #27 : April 21, 2007, 07:37:30 AM »

Yeah, let's start spreading Rumors.  Reggie smokes crack, beats up women, has 8 kids he doesn't support, has killed 12 people, etc.

That way he falls to 35 and the Bucs get a guy who will be a prr-bowler by year 2 in our system for sure.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #28 : April 22, 2007, 06:58:08 AM »

Yeah, let's start spreading Rumors. Reggie smokes crack, beats up women, has 8 kids he doesn't support, has killed 12 people, etc.

That way he falls to 35 and the Bucs get a guy who will be a prr-bowler by year 2 in our system for sure.

He was recently spotted in Vegas partying with Marcus Vick and Lawrence Phillips.  That ought to do it.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #29 : April 23, 2007, 01:33:27 AM »

Yeah, let's start spreading Rumors. Reggie smokes crack, beats up women, has 8 kids he doesn't support, has killed 12 people, etc.

He was recently spotted in Vegas partying with Marcus Vick and Lawrence Phillips. That ought to do it.

ANd Pac Man Jones.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Young Florida defenders should have stayed in school « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools