Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs opponents have a combined 25-13 recrod so far « previous next »
Page: 1 2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: October 27, 2006, 08:34:57 AM

Baltimore -  4-2
ATL - 4-2
NO - 5-1
Carolina - 4-3
Cinci - 4-2
Eagels  - 4-3

And the Giants are 4-2 going into this game. It's been a difficult shedule to say the least and the Bucs could've beat NO and Caro. I know, you'll say they could've lost the past 2 pretty easily but the Bucs have no cupcakes this year. If the Bucs didn't have horrific QB play from jump we could be looking at a different season. Honestly, makes me want to Simms to take his $1M and head on out of town as fast as he can. The defense hasn't palyed well but Simms was the main reason for the 0-3 start.

IMVHO

#1 : October 27, 2006, 08:42:54 AM

We should be 4-2.

#2 : October 28, 2006, 07:12:30 AM

Baltimore - 4-2
ATL - 4-2
NO - 5-1
Carolina - 4-3
Cinci - 4-2
Eagels - 4-3

And the Giants are 4-2 going into this game. It's been a difficult shedule to say the least and the Bucs could've beat NO and Caro. I know, you'll say they could've lost the past 2 pretty easily but the Bucs have no cupcakes this year. If the Bucs didn't have horrific QB play from jump we could be looking at a different season. Honestly, makes me want to Simms to take his $1M and head on out of town as fast as he can. The defense hasn't palyed well but Simms was the main reason for the 0-3 start.

IMVHO
How about Rice and his $9mil cap hit and his jaw dropping superfluous 1 sack.
Nobody has really earned their paycheck this season, including Rice, and especially not your boy Simms.
Simms has more TD's than your slacker, takes plays off, quits on plays if there's no sack, over paid, overrated, underachieving, pal Rice has sacks. I'm telling you Mr BucFan....if you ask nicely, Rice will let you read him bedtime stories before you and Keepon tuck him in bed.

Oh...make sure he says his prayers.
I'm not denying that Rice has been crap this year but Simms' play killed the Bucs moreso than Rice's.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 27, 2006, 09:21:13 AM

Against the Ravens, both the D and Simms sucked.

Against the Falcons, the D only conceded 14 points, so yeah Id put that loss on Simms and the Offense.

Against Carolina, again it was a combination of both D and O, but Id say it was more on Simms, since he threw that pick on the very first pass of the day.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 27, 2006, 09:22:19 AM

Against the Ravens, both the D and Simms sucked.

Against the Falcons, the D only conceded 14 points, so yeah Id put that loss on Simms and the Offense.

Against Carolina, again it was a combination of both D and O, but Id say it was more on Simms, since he threw that pick on the very first pass of the day.

I disagree with the Atlanta game.  The D surrendered 300+ rushing yards on the ground.   The only game where you can honestly say the D showed up was for the Bengals game.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 27, 2006, 09:30:08 AM

But with marginal QB play the games would've been much closer. With good QB play the Bucs could've won those games where the D was sucking it up.

A 7/1 TD to INT RATIO IS F-ING REDICULOUS!!!!! IT"S ALL ON SIMMS!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 27, 2006, 09:34:47 AM

We lost two we could of won, but we won two we could have lost........it evens out most years.   

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 27, 2006, 09:44:02 AM

We have a killer schedule this year.    The easiest games should be home vs. Redskins, away at Cleveland and at Dallas.    But even though will be tough.

The superbowl year in 2002, we had our easiest schedule ever.    We need another one of those next year.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 27, 2006, 09:45:05 AM

But with marginal QB play the games would've been much closer. With good QB play the Bucs could've won those games where the D was sucking it up.

You have it backwards.  ;)

Yes it hurts your team when you have a QB with a TD/INT ratio of 1/7 but giving up 300+ rushing yards is not an excuse.  You have to also remember that the Falcons failed to punch in a bunch of those points for sevens becuase of dropped balls or silly mistakes.  And when they attempted field goals they missed them.

Had the Falcons offense/special teams excecuted better it would not have been a close enough game.  That is why I can not let the defense off the hook. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 27, 2006, 09:52:34 AM

You have it backwards. ;)

Yes it hurts your team when you have a QB with a TD/INT ratio of 1/7 but giving up 300+ rushing yards is not an excuse. You have to also remember that the Falcons failed to punch in a bunch of those points for sevens becuase of dropped balls or silly mistakes. And when they attempted field goals they missed them.

Had the Falcons offense/special teams excecuted better it would not have been a close enough game. That is why I can not let the defense off the hook.

I won't let the D off the hook but damn it the offense was scared of the endzone in the ATL game. They had NUMEROUS opportunities to get points to keep up with the Flagoons.

I think the offense should help the D by sustaining drives and scoring points to take pressure off them. If the O couldv'e punched it in early it would've made a world of differnece..............IMO.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 27, 2006, 09:55:11 AM

The offense was bad in that game as well but the defense surrendered 150+ rushing yards in the first half and the Falcons first punt  of the game came late in the game. That was practically a total team meltdown as Bryant was not good in that game either.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 27, 2006, 09:58:16 AM

We wouldn't have beaten the Ravens or Falcons with Joe Montana at QB.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#12 : October 27, 2006, 11:01:18 AM

Baltimore -  4-2
ATL - 4-2
NO - 5-1
Carolina - 4-3
Cinci - 4-2
Eagels  - 4-3

IMVHO

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 27, 2006, 11:25:05 AM

Baltimore -  4-2
ATL - 4-2
NO - 5-1
Carolina - 4-3
Cinci - 4-2
Eagels  - 4-3

IMVHO

Well you could do that or throw a whole bunch of money to Freeney when he becomes a free agent who has been really productive this year....

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#14 : October 27, 2006, 11:30:43 AM

Baltimore -  4-2
ATL - 4-2
NO - 5-1
Carolina - 4-3
Cinci - 4-2
Eagels  - 4-3

IMVHO

Well you could do that or throw a whole bunch of money to Freeney when he becomes a free agent who has been really productive this year....
$9 mil per sack so far.......what a bargain.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs opponents have a combined 25-13 recrod so far « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools