Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NCAA Rule Changes - GREAT NEWS « previous next »
Page: 1

Snook

Hall of Famer

: April 12, 2007, 10:36:33 PM

No more stupid clock rules - its going back to the way it was before...

On Thursday, the rules oversight panel approved two major timing changes that would revert the rules to what they were in 2005 -- stopping the clock on possession changes and not starting it on kickoffs until the receiving team touches the ball.

And......

Kickoffs will be made from the 30-yard line, like in the NFL, instead of the 35.

And...

After media timeouts during televised games, teams will have less time to run plays. Previously, teams had a 25-second play clock; now it will be 15 seconds.

EXCELLENT!!!!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#1 : April 12, 2007, 10:38:43 PM

Thank goodness!

matt

Starter

#2 : April 12, 2007, 11:44:01 PM

After media timeouts during televised games, teams will have less time to run plays. Previously, teams had a 25-second play clock; now it will be 15 seconds.

Taken next to each other, aren't those quotes kind of contradictory?

I am glad that they are going back to some of the old rules though.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 12, 2007, 11:47:18 PM

Good moves!!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#4 : April 12, 2007, 11:54:05 PM

I posted something on this a couple months back.

It is great news.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#5 : April 12, 2007, 11:55:20 PM

Taken next to each other, aren't those quotes kind of contradictory?

I am glad that they are going back to some of the old rules though.

It's smart.

After a TV timeout where tou have a couple minutes why do you need an additional 25 seconds to call your play?  15 should be plenty. 

If they are trying to shorten games this is the way to do that.  Not taking actual plays out of the game like the rules did last year.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 13, 2007, 04:26:47 PM

Right - yes, Matt, there is a new clock rule but its actually a GOOD one.  Ray is correct - there's no reason why a team needs 25 seconds after a TV timeout.

matt

Starter

#7 : April 13, 2007, 05:49:25 PM

Right - yes, Matt, there is a new clock rule but its actually a GOOD one. Ray is correct - there's no reason why a team needs 25 seconds after a TV timeout.

That is a good point. As long as they aren't unjustifiably running the game clock. Why didn't they think of this last year?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#8 : April 13, 2007, 05:52:31 PM

Right - yes, Matt, there is a new clock rule but its actually a GOOD one. Ray is correct - there's no reason why a team needs 25 seconds after a TV timeout.

That is a good point. As long as they aren't unjustifiably running the game clock. Why didn't they think of this last year?

Haven't you noticed?  CFB is always light years behind where they need to be.

matt

Starter

#9 : April 13, 2007, 06:13:16 PM

Haven't you noticed? CFB is always light years behind where they need to be.

For the most part, you are correct. I do think that the college replay rules are much better than the NFL replay rules however.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#10 : April 13, 2007, 06:18:27 PM

Haven't you noticed? CFB is always light years behind where they need to be.

For the most part, you are correct. I do think that the college replay rules are much better than the NFL replay rules however.

Yeah, but they review far too many no brainer calls.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 21, 2007, 04:09:12 AM

Good. I hope the NFL changes the overtime rules to college football. Each team with a possesion

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#12 : April 21, 2007, 04:28:24 AM

I think college OT rules are dumb.  Giving each team a possession at the 25 is retarded.

The NFL does it right.  Last I checked defense is a part of the game as well.  If you lose the toss you stop your opponent and you get a possession.  Not that hard really.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NCAA Rule Changes - GREAT NEWS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools