Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy Car Metaphors « previous next »
Page: 1 2

spartan

Hall of Famer
: October 27, 2006, 10:09:36 AM

Anybody else getting a bit bored with the car metaphors whenever reading about Caddy?

I don't know about you but it puts me off an article when it starts with 5 paragraphs on road trips, rev up, garage ya di ya. I now invariably skip articles like that 'cos they are becoming sooooooo tedious.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 27, 2006, 10:17:25 AM

yup, the garage one especially comes up a lot if caddy doesn't have a great day...

gets tiresome.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 27, 2006, 10:49:25 AM

The car noise they play at the games whenever Caddy does something good always cracks me up.   That noise doesn't sound anything like a Cadillac.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#3 : October 27, 2006, 11:09:33 AM

You're just now getting tired of these inane comments?

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 27, 2006, 11:41:09 AM

I would love hearing more of the car noises at the game...means he's doing great! There was a time I was tired of Alstotts train whistle too, but I've changed my opinion on that too. I don't care if each player has a distinct noise everytime they achieve their goal. That would be really amusing  ;D

Dominico

Starter

#5 : October 27, 2006, 11:47:47 AM

I have never liked the metaphors, but they will never go away. I think they should play the chorus to Youngbloodz Cadillac Pimpin when caddy makes a big play.

I'm chillin, wood spinnin
No Bentley's, Cadillac pimpin
I'm cruisin, hoes choosin
That's cool cuz I'm Cadillac pimpin
Spoke spinnin, gold grillin
Liquor spillin, Cadillac pimpin
Keep ridin, car slidin
That's cool cuz I'm Cadillac pimpin

lol lol lol lol......... That would be awesome

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : October 27, 2006, 11:49:07 AM

I would love hearing more of the car noises at the game...means he's doing great! There was a time I was tired of Alstotts train whistle too, but I've changed my opinion on that too. I don't care if each player has a distinct noise everytime they achieve their goal. That would be really amusing  ;D
I'm not sure the topic at hand is the noises at the stadium......it's the stupid comments in the newspapers and the talk shows.

53 yards rushing..."Caddy barely got out of the garage."
158 yards rushing..."Caddy was cruising down the highway today."
Foot injury..."Caddy had a flat tire this week."
Foot injury..."Caddy was in the repair shop this week."
Foot injury..."Caddy was up on the lift this week."
Slow sart and strong finish..."Caddy couldn't get his engine running early."

So lame.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 27, 2006, 11:51:37 AM

I would love hearing more of the car noises at the game...means he's doing great! There was a time I was tired of Alstotts train whistle too, but I've changed my opinion on that too. I don't care if each player has a distinct noise everytime they achieve their goal. That would be really amusing ;D
I'm not sure the topic at hand is the noises at the stadium......it's the stupid comments in the newspapers and the talk shows.

So lame.

Sorry if I took this where it wasn't supposed to go.  :-[

goto11

Starter
#8 : October 27, 2006, 12:50:37 PM

The one on Cadillac on the PR homepage is especially bad.  Come on, guys.  You don't need to resort to that tedious crap.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 27, 2006, 01:17:00 PM

The one on Cadillac on the PR homepage is especially bad.  Come on, guys.  You don't need to resort to that tedious crap.

That is what prompted the post, didnt get to read the whole think cos I was too busy yakking in my trash can  [banghead]

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 27, 2006, 03:48:38 PM

I think the whole topic is pretty petty.  ::)

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 27, 2006, 03:57:33 PM

You should post this in the Cove. It's off topic for football. You all seem concerned with grammar, spelling, sentences, metaphors etc. Topic should be critical writing.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 27, 2006, 05:21:02 PM

I considered that, but as it was a PR article that prompted the topic I thought here was the best place for them to get some feedback on what they are making available for consumption.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#13 : October 27, 2006, 05:32:41 PM

[banghead]

bucshot224

Second String

#14 : October 27, 2006, 06:02:55 PM

I would love hearing more of the car noises at the game...means he's doing great! There was a time I was tired of Alstotts train whistle too, but I've changed my opinion on that too. I don't care if each player has a distinct noise everytime they achieve their goal. That would be really amusing ;D

So lame.
Well, if he was a chevy we wouldn't have to worry about this. At least he's not a Ford......he's be on IR by now.

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy Car Metaphors « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools