Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy Car Metaphors « previous next »
Page: 1 2

calehawkins

Second String

#15 : October 28, 2006, 07:21:28 AM

LOL
I heard one that was OK... at the end of the Cadillac commercials, they say "Cadillac. Breakthrough." That was on a pretty sweet sig of cadillac on the Buccaneers official message board.

BucFanMatt

Starter
#16 : October 28, 2006, 07:22:12 PM

The one on Cadillac on the PR homepage is especially bad.  Come on, guys.  You don't need to resort to that tedious crap.

That is what prompted the post, didnt get to read the whole think cos I was too busy yakking in my trash can  [banghead]

I'm afraid I have to agree with you guys.  A few of these car metaphors are to be expected, but their over-use in that article was particularly egregious.

You should post this in the Cove. It's off topic for football. You all seem concerned with grammar, spelling, sentences, metaphors etc. Topic should be critical writing.

Praise for the PR guys when they deliver a great article (which is frequently) isn't considered off-topic, so crtiticism, on the rare occasions when they deliver a stinker, should not be either. 

\"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither\" -- Benjamin Franklin

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 28, 2006, 11:14:42 PM

I got sick of them after week 3 of last year.

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 29, 2006, 01:09:40 AM

I think they should play "been a long time" every time he runs.  Better than the race-car sounds, and double meanings too!

calehawkins

Second String

#19 : October 29, 2006, 06:05:10 AM

Been a Long Time as in the song by Black Label Society, or Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin which is in the Cadillac car commercial and whose chorus is "Been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely been a long time..."?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy Car Metaphors « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools