Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Training Iraqi Troops No Longer A Priority for US? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 23, 2007, 11:45:28 AM

I understand that. And thanks.

bucboy 64

Second String

#16 : April 23, 2007, 01:25:28 PM

Joe tell your mother you can fight your own battles.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#17 : April 23, 2007, 01:34:16 PM

That is so childish. Joe & I happen to respect each other & stand up for each other from time to time. You won't like what he'll say to you. And Joe's older than me.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 23, 2007, 01:37:32 PM

And Joe's older than me.

Only just.   :P

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#19 : April 23, 2007, 01:38:44 PM

Joe tell your mother you can fight your own battles.

LOL.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 23, 2007, 01:42:25 PM

but what about that suggets anything about no longer training Iraqis?
What about that means we've given up training them?

Nothing. Article says that it's no longer a priority. Not that we're not training them at all.

If you think she is just making it up, why don't you just email her? Her email address
is in the article.

Nothing in her article suggests it's not a priority anymore either.  I don't need to email her.  If she had this evidence she'd have put it in her article.  I don't imagine she has mountains of evidence and quotes lying around that she just decided not to include.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#21 : April 23, 2007, 01:44:57 PM

And Joe's older than me.

Only just.  :P
Still can't be his mother. Back from lunch already, MJS? No martini?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 23, 2007, 01:48:27 PM

And Joe's older than me.

Only just. :P
Still can't be his mother. Back from lunch already, MJS? No martini?

Brits never drink at lunch. 

#23 : April 23, 2007, 03:25:01 PM

LMAO.

#24 : April 23, 2007, 03:30:06 PM

You can call liberal all you want, but the facts nowadays are very much the facts.

Facts are that the Iraqi soldiers cant stand on their own 2 legs without an american proping them up.

I wouldnt be surprised if the focus has shifted from something that doesnt work, to something that might work

You can blame the US for not having a thorough plan, but it is hard to blame our govt for teh Iraqis inability to stand up on their own and be independent

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#25 : April 23, 2007, 04:05:29 PM

Me thinks I've been a member of this board before you, but unlike you, this board isn't the epicenter of my social universe judging by your post count. So you please go away and while your at it go out and see the world your missing allot while your hunched over your keyboard at all hours of the day.
I don't thing so unless you've had more than 1 name. And when I'm working (tues-sat) I am not here at all.  You brought up my relationship to Joe so go get your own life.

#26 : April 23, 2007, 04:15:24 PM

Just because he hasn't posted 8k times doesn't mean he can't lurk.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 24, 2007, 01:19:37 AM

You can call liberal all you want, but the facts nowadays are very much the facts.

Facts are that the Iraqi soldiers cant stand on their own 2 legs without an american proping them up.

I wouldnt be surprised if the focus has shifted from something that doesnt work, to something that might work

You can blame the US for not having a thorough plan, but it is hard to blame our govt for teh Iraqis inability to stand up on their own and be independent

Did we do any research on whether or not the Iraqi soldiers would stand up against their own?

Did we do any research on whether or not the Iraqi soldiers would take sides if a civil war
broke out, like it did?

Of course training the soldiers isn't a priority any more. It's not working like we were told.
So why keep doing it?

The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they aren�t authorized to
discuss the policy shift publicly.

I guess what the doubters are saying is the author of the article is just making it up?
I guess that's a possibility. But it seems like you might be grasping at straws with
that one. If that's the case.

#28 : April 24, 2007, 01:33:12 AM

Good points. Actually my knowledge on politics is not great. SO I dont choose sides since I dont have all the info. I do have a sister in teh army, stationed in Iraq and she tells me how they want to latch onto American troops and they wont standup on their own.

I agree that we shouldve done better research if possibel and we shouldve known how well we could train their troops.

I disagree with this thread, where you seem to put a negative slant on the fact that we are going to turn our focus away from methods that were not working.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 24, 2007, 01:38:59 AM

It seems that if we turn our focus away from training, the only thing left is to kill as
many insurgents as we can with our troops. But it will never end since the dead
insurgents will always be replaced with new blood as long as we're an occupying
force. It's not winnable, IMO.

Soldiers are put in an awful situation.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Training Iraqi Troops No Longer A Priority for US? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools