Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Training Iraqi Troops No Longer A Priority for US? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#30 : April 24, 2007, 01:41:16 AM

We are trying to referee a civil war where the only thing uniting all the factions that hate each other is their hatred for us.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 24, 2007, 01:47:20 AM

Sorry
You can call liberal all you want, but the facts nowadays are very much the facts.

I don't actually see any facts in that article. It's pure speculation. Youssef states her belief and then uses examples to back it up that aren't really relevent or related to the statement. She says evidence has been builing for months and then doesn't produce any of the evidence. She writes the tours have been extended to 15 months. That's true, but what about that suggets anything about no longer training Iraqis? She says we've beefed up security. True, but again, what does that have to do with her premise? She mentions that some Iraqi commanders don't always agree with the tactics we'd like them to use. What about that means we've given up training them?

Youssef has no quotes from anyone backing up her claim, not even anonymous sources. All she did was make a statement and then use a lot of unrelated anecdotes to make the reader think she was backing her claim. In reality, she failed to produce any "building evidence" that she wants you to think exists.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read this. I just didn't want to be "that" guy again. At that time I had enough of the constant Liberal Slant that manifests in these boards. Everything posted or ideas dipicted are far in majority a Liberal based arguement, which was likely first read or heard in the New York Times or MSNBC from 8pm to 9pm. Most Liberals are followers. And it's funny because they go to such links to prove points they were probably told to believe, which were inherently wrong to begin with.

To set the record straight, I'm a registered Independent. But as of right now, I wont be voting democrat anytime soon. (Fmr. Mayor) in '08!

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#32 : April 24, 2007, 01:54:32 AM

broad: showing or characterized by broad-mindedness; "a broad political stance"; "generous and broad sympathies"; "a liberal newspaper"; "tolerant of his opponent's opinions"
having political or social views favoring reform and progress
tolerant of change; not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or tradition
a person who favors a political philosophy of progress and reform and the protection of civil liberties
big: given or giving freely; "was a big tipper"; "the bounteous goodness of God"; "bountiful compliments"; "a freehanded host"; "a handsome allowance"; "Saturday's child is loving and giving"; "a liberal backer of the arts"; "a munificent gift"; "her fond and openhanded grandfather"
a person who favors an economic theory of laissez-faire and self-regulating markets

Wow, who would want to be 'liberal?'

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 24, 2007, 02:03:31 AM

Wow, you have all those definitions memorized like your address huh?

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 24, 2007, 02:05:03 AM

1 : PRESERVATIVE
2 a : of or relating to a philosophy of conservatism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party professing the principles of conservatism : as (1) : of or constituting a party of the United Kingdom advocating support of established institutions (2) : PROGRESSIVE CONSERVATIVE
3 a : tending or disposed to maintain existing views, conditions, or institutions : TRADITIONAL b : marked by moderation or caution <a conservative estimate> c : marked by or relating to traditional norms of taste, elegance, style, or manners <a conservative suit>
4 : of, relating to, or practicing Conservative Judaism

Sorry my M-W definition isn't as thick as yours.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#35 : April 24, 2007, 02:05:25 AM

That's why Google has a dictionary, cut & paste.

bucboy 64

Second String

#36 : April 24, 2007, 08:26:41 AM

Me thinks I've been a member of this board before you, but unlike you, this board isn't the epicenter of my social universe judging by your post count. So you please go away and while your at it go out and see the world your missing allot while your hunched over your keyboard at all hours of the day.
I don't thing so unless you've had more than 1 name. And when I'm working (tues-sat) I am not here at all. You brought up my relationship to Joe so go get your own life.

Ist I've been a member of this board for at least 3 years( 1 other previous name)2nd, I didn't bring up your relationship with Joe. Joe is a smart guy and he raises and defends his points eloquently. What I find strange is your need to chirp in everytime he posts with a " Your right Joe or your great Joe", you sound like some lapdog trying its hardest to please its master, it's kind of sickening really. You state in a later post how liberals are open and fair minded, yet you flame on anyone who disagrees. That is my problem with most libs they preach this high minded all inclusive bs yet when  someone dares disagrees they are labeled as hate mongers or neocons.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#37 : April 24, 2007, 09:13:06 AM

What was your former name? Busboy??

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 24, 2007, 10:02:46 AM

You can call liberal all you want, but the facts nowadays are very much the facts.

Facts are that the Iraqi soldiers cant stand on their own 2 legs without an american proping them up.

I wouldnt be surprised if the focus has shifted from something that doesnt work, to something that might work

You can blame the US for not having a thorough plan, but it is hard to blame our govt for teh Iraqis inability to stand up on their own and be independent

Did we do any research on whether or not the Iraqi soldiers would stand up against their own?

Did we do any research on whether or not the Iraqi soldiers would take sides if a civil war
broke out, like it did?

Of course training the soldiers isn't a priority any more. It's not working like we were told.
So why keep doing it?

The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they aren�t authorized to
discuss the policy shift publicly.

I guess what the doubters are saying is the author of the article is just making it up?
I guess that's a possibility. But it seems like you might be grasping at straws with
that one. If that's the case.

The only one grasping at straws is that author.  It's like if I said growing evidence suggests we are about to cut Derrick Brooks because Jon Gruden didn't explicitly say he wasn't going to when not asked about it, and Alan Zemaitis is healthy.

Also, she didn't quote any anonymous sources either.  She didn't quote anyone on anything related to training Iraqis.  I'm not saying she actively made it up, but it's clearly what she believes and is trying to prove it with no facts.  I'm not the type of reader that gets fooled by a lot of fluff and that's all this piece is.  I'm an open minded guy, if there were anything in that article of substance I'd consider it, but there isn't.  It's not even debatable.

bucboy 64

Second String

#39 : April 24, 2007, 10:36:17 AM

What was your former name? Busboy??

Thats funny, no it wasn't but being a waitress you should know all about busboys, dont forget to tip them
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Training Iraqi Troops No Longer A Priority for US? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools