Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bonds « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#60 : April 23, 2007, 08:11:57 AM

Bonds is the greatest hitter any of us have ever seen.

When he does break the record, I wont cheer.  But I wont boo either.  I will just watch in amazement as we are priveledged enoguh to see history unfold in front of our eyes.  I feel lucky that i got to see Barry Bonds play baseball.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 23, 2007, 08:15:26 AM

I won't cheer unless of course some how he does it against the Yankees. I don't root for players from other teams. (cough, cough, Warrick Dunn). Except when it's against the Yankees.

But I will never boo Bonds ether.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#62 : April 23, 2007, 08:18:13 AM

ICIT---I had more faith in you than that.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#63 : April 23, 2007, 08:19:59 AM

ICIT---I had more faith in you than that.

I am a fan of the game.  It is what it is.  Bonds was great for years before he blew up so to speak.  I am amazed at what hes done.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#64 : April 23, 2007, 08:22:41 AM

Roids or not, I can care less. Cheating is everwhere. I love the game as well, I can look past all of the fluff and see what has really happened to these guys.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#65 : April 23, 2007, 11:24:37 AM

To say the roids weren't against the rules is like saying uppers weren't always against the rules. They werre illegal in society, they werre illegal in baseball.

coolhandluke

Starter

#66 : April 23, 2007, 03:43:23 PM

Karen, Guys like AARON and Mays were all using uppers in the 50, and 60s. Clemens and 90% of all pitchers are juicing. Everyone wants to point fingers at Bonds yet it is the Palmeros of the Baseball world that are getting Caught. What Canseco said is true, Most players are using. So if you want to hate Bonds go ahead, the truth is, most pitchers are using as are the hitters. The field is even. The players before them used Greenies and Uppers. All are illegal.

To Bash Bonds without Bashing the others is wrong. Sports are about not getting caight using drugs. Football is worse. We put a guy in the Pro Bowl that used Steroids. Yet I didnt see you bash him. We forgave him.. Pretty funny.

Bonds will hit 35-45 HRS this year, enjoy this guy, he is truly a great hitter.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#67 : April 23, 2007, 04:19:27 PM

Don't  assume or speak for everyone. I don't think Merriman should have been in the ProBowl either.

coolhandluke

Starter

#68 : April 23, 2007, 04:33:05 PM

Well then Karen you are not going to like this..Word was that Tebow was juicing in HS! Yes I know some of you had already heard the rumors. Take a look at this guy.. 6`3` 235 Solid... getting bigger. I am also a huge Gator fan, I have been able to be in some very small Coaches Seminors with Urban Meyers so I have become a fan.. truth is by looking at Tim Tebow you start to realize that they might not be vrumors...
So Karen if Golden boy is using do you as  maybe the biggest Gator fan here, turn a blind eye??

I am afraid that this is the way of sports today..

cool

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#69 : April 23, 2007, 04:42:04 PM

No. If he fails a test or his head grows bigger while in college I am no longer a fan. And I personally think Urban would not be either.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#70 : April 23, 2007, 04:47:05 PM

Let's not forget that Bonds is a racist.

I hope that he doesn't break the record, but it appears inevitable

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

coolhandluke

Starter

#71 : April 23, 2007, 04:58:05 PM

Karen, how big did Palmero`s head get??? Nuff said...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#72 : April 23, 2007, 04:59:07 PM

He probably will make sure this doesn't happen, but if he did it anywhere but San Fran he would get booed around the bases!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#73 : April 23, 2007, 05:20:06 PM

No. If he fails a test or his head grows bigger while in college I am no longer a fan. And I personally think Urban would not be either.
Well why do hate Bonds then, because he's never actually failed a test.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#74 : April 23, 2007, 05:27:22 PM

He used. It isn't even arguable.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bonds « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools