Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was The McFarland Trade Needed? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

nflinsider

Starter

#15 : October 27, 2006, 09:17:17 PM

Why not??? The guys was giving us NOTHING and we got a 2nd round pick for him. I think we got the better end of that deal. His best years were with Sapp along side of him when he was benefiting from Sapps double teams!!!

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 27, 2006, 09:19:22 PM

I think it helps us out, we got like 3 out of the top 60 draft picks at least.

Seems pretty good to me, and this draft is a great draft.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 27, 2006, 10:29:44 PM

Are the Bucs really that bad for salary cap room that they had to trade away a vetran?

its not about the cap.  its about getting a 2nd rd pick for a guy that they were going to cut anyway.  instead of cutting him and getting nothing in return, we scored a 2nd rd pick.  easily one of the best moves in allen's tenure as GM. 

vipmark

Starter
#18 : October 27, 2006, 11:38:24 PM

Is Wyms a guy that can take his role?
Wyms is better than McF, plain and simple. The Bucs D didn't miss a beat when Wyms took over for McF in 2002, and he recorded 5.5 sacks, something we hoped we'd get from Booger.

Nor did we miss a beat when Darby took over for McF at NT half way into the SuperBowl season.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#19 : October 27, 2006, 11:43:45 PM

We got a great pick out of the deal and we don't have to worry about his salary next season (he was 2nd highest paid player on the team I think).

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 27, 2006, 11:57:50 PM

Yeah as has been said it had nothing to do with the cap. It was a matter of getting something for a guy who was about to lose his starting job rather than cutting him after the season.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 28, 2006, 07:14:10 AM

Next up.........Simeon Rice!

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 28, 2006, 08:40:19 AM

This thread has to be a joke.   Trading McFarland was the best move the Bucs have made all year.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 28, 2006, 08:46:08 AM

it's Rich McKay's fault.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 28, 2006, 09:48:16 AM

The Booger trade was one of the best bits of business done by Bruce Allen since hes been with us. I was astonished that he managed to get a 2nd Rounder for such an underachiever. I would have been satisfied with a 4th Round Pick, but a 2nd Rounder will help us enormously in the draft.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 28, 2006, 04:17:34 PM

We get a 2nd round pick for Anthony "Fat Butt" McFarland - yes it was needed as we will get a solid player for a guy who never lived up to his own overblown hype.  Good riddance to Booger.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#26 : October 28, 2006, 04:44:34 PM

Listen, I'm as happy as the next guy for receiving a 2nd round pick for the over-rated McFarland.  But I must admit, by checking out buccaneers.com and this message board; that he really wasn't liked by many and I really think he doesn't deserve such a bad rap.

He wasn't the guy we wanted him to be drafting him in the first round and not applying any pressure on opposing quarterbacks, but he wasn't a bad tackle.  I would say he was our best defensive tackle on the team.  Now that isn't saying much, but you would have thought he was the "Juran Bolden" of DTs.  He was a solid defender against the run.

Needless to say, Ellis Wyms is really stepping it up with 3 sacks the past two games and we know he is capable of maintaining a starting gig, since he was a start for when Booger was out for us back in our magical SB run.  I'm happy about the 2nd round pick we recieved, but I'm just saying that we were definetly too hard on him.

I guess that's what you get when your drafted in the first round and your just an average guy at the position.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 28, 2006, 04:47:20 PM

Listen, I'm as happy as the next guy for receiving a 2ND round pick for the over-rated McFarland.  But I must admit, by checking out buccaneers.com and this message board; that he really wasn't liked by many and I really think he doesn't deserve such a bad rap.

He deserves the bad rap because he was getting Warren Sapp money, and he was missing in action most of his Bucs career.  You need to get Insider access and read the article I posted a link to above.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#28 : October 28, 2006, 04:57:03 PM

Listen, I'm as happy as the next guy for receiving a 2ND round pick for the over-rated McFarland.  But I must admit, by checking out buccaneers.com and this message board; that he really wasn't liked by many and I really think he doesn't deserve such a bad rap.

He deserves the bad rap because he was getting Warren Sapp money, and he was missing in action most of his Bucs career. You need to get Insider access and read the article I posted a link to above.

What he said

gone

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 28, 2006, 06:48:55 PM

He deserves the bad rap because he was getting Warren Sapp money, and he was missing in action most of his Bucs career.  You need to get Insider access and read the article I posted a link to above.
I agree with what "the poster formerly known as mjs" says
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was The McFarland Trade Needed? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools