Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The case for Gaines Adams « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#75 : December 28, 2009, 02:10:58 PM

Bump.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#76 : December 28, 2009, 02:13:18 PM

WTH? Is this "bump old threads day"? Come on. Theres plenty of other things to talk about. Gaines Adams is ancient history.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#77 : December 28, 2009, 02:13:38 PM

Ahhh memories. >.>

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#78 : December 28, 2009, 02:18:53 PM

WTH? Is this "bump old threads day"? Come on. Theres plenty of other things to talk about. Gaines Adams is ancient history.

It's just fun to dig up some of these old predictions and laugh...

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#79 : December 28, 2009, 02:25:42 PM

I'll let you do the research because I don't have time right now, but I'm not alone in seeing that the guy takes plays off just like Rice.

Whatever. I've done the research well before hand on Adams, there's no indication of what you state in any scouting reports. Now, if you're referring to the knock that he sometimes get engulfed by offensive linemen due to his size, I could understand where you're coming from. But that isn't the definition of taking plays off. In addition Spencer has the same knocks against him due to his size. Spencer isn't a more complete player as you suggest because he has the same holes in his game that Adams has, almost mirror image when you read them.

Yes we're basically talking apples to apples here.

With all due respect Cerious, I'm not basing this on what all the    scouts are saying. My opinions, and that's what they are, are based on what I see.

I thought you said you did your research. I found this in 10 seconds:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/adams_gaines

Negatives: Needs to add bulk and muscle tone, as he has only adequate development � Lacks the brute strength to combat double teams working in-line � Tends to get too frustrated and throttles down when his initial moves fail � Has only adequate recognition for blocking schemes (best when isolated in one-on-one situations) � Has a good burst off the snap, but tires late in games, gradually rising out of his pads rather than exploding � While he shows aggression, he tries use his upper body strength to overpower blockers, rather than swim and rip through the blocks � Lacks consistency on the bull rush, mostly due to slender calves and poor leg drive that prevents him from getting free from the larger offensive tackles � Can handle tough coaching, but will take plays off and works best when someone is lighting a fire under him (has a nonchalant attitude at times) � When a blocker locks on to his jersey, Adams struggles to disengage, lacking the hand strength to overpower (gets frustrated and out of control, taking several plays to settle down) � Blockers have good success in attacking his body when he gets too high in his stance, leaving himself exposed � Not a classic wrap-up tackler, playing more with a drag-down style � Leaves his feet and lunges at ball carriers rather than getting in position and keeping his pads down to wrap and secure � Needs room to operate, as he struggles to shed in tight quarters (only made four tackles inside the red zone in 2006 on 582 plays).

Whoever wrote that is pretty damn good.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#80 : December 28, 2009, 02:45:51 PM

LOL.

This just adds fuel to the thought that the draft is and always will be a crapshoot. Adams had the college production, great combine and pro day, had all the scouts thinking he was a top 10 pick and most of the fans (myself included) and he still turned out to be a wasted pick, twice now that he cost the Bears a high second round selection. SMH.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#81 : December 28, 2009, 02:48:31 PM

SMH?

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#82 : December 28, 2009, 02:51:51 PM

Shake My Head...
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The case for Gaines Adams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools