Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Atlanta Braves to offer 90-day, interest-free financing for tickets. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« : April 23, 2007, 09:23:52 PM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-braves-ticketfinancing&prov=ap&type=lgns

ATLANTA (AP) -- The Atlanta Braves are selling ticket packages with 90-day, interest-free financing.

The plan announced Monday is limited to ticket packages worth at least $200.

"We've heard from lots of fans who say 'We want this ticket package and we don't have that amount of cash on hand as we speak,"' Braves senior vice president for sales and marketing Derek Schiller said.

Fans may use the financing program on ticket packages including full or half season, 20-game plans, flex plans or in combinations of four-game packs valued at $200 or more.

GE Money, formerly known as GE Consumer Finance, is coordinating the promotional financing program with the Braves and will collect payments.

Dennis Murphy, GE Money vice president of sporting goods industry, said the finance charge on balances unpaid after 90 days is between 20 percent and 25 percent and based on the prime rate.

"We find the very high percentage of customers will pay these off" before paying interest fees, Murphy said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an interesting idea to me.  I am not sure if other teams do this, but I wonder why more don't, especially teams that have a hard time drawing fans.  I am sure there is a large portion of people who would like to buy ticket packages but don't have the big money to throw down up front.  I wonder if something like this could help the Devil Rays, as well as some of the small market teams around MLB and other sports?

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #1 : April 23, 2007, 11:42:50 PM »

I think this is a mistake...who's gonna pay for the slackers who go to games then decides rents more important?

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #2 : April 23, 2007, 11:43:16 PM »

The Braves have enough money problems as it is.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #3 : April 23, 2007, 11:51:25 PM »

I disagree.

Even in that case, that guy is still coming to the stadium and spending money on parking and concessions when he normally wouldn't be coming.

Only real deadbeats are going to do that anyway.  And I am sure there is some credit requirements to this.  And is anyone going to ruin their credit over a few games? 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #4 : April 23, 2007, 11:58:35 PM »

And is anyone going to ruin their credit over a few games?

Me thinks someone that can’t lay their hands on $200 doesn’t have much of a credit rating to begin with.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #5 : April 24, 2007, 12:00:52 AM »

And is anyone going to ruin their credit over a few games?

Me thinks someone that can’t lay their hands on $200 doesn’t have much of a credit rating to begin with.

Probably not.

But again, if someone is going to "scam" the team over that $200 they likely weren't going to the stadium anyway, and the $50 they get off that guy for parking and concessions probably makes it worthwhile. 

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #6 : April 24, 2007, 12:28:38 AM »

Wait $200 bucks? I spend that at Bucs games. Wait, that's just for my tickets. Then another $100 on beer and hot dogs. NOT to mention the 12ers of Hiney Light and Mic Ultra and breakfast before the game. Damn this is getting expensive once written down. AND parking! ouch. It's like $400 Bucs for me to go to a Bucs game now days. I just renewed my season tix. They gave me better seats because the two people next to me gave up thier tix and I guess the team wanted to pair mine up with thiers, so I got 40 yard line, 3rd row, upper deck on the west side. Instead of section 306(North goaline, 3rd row, West side)

Sweet deal, I didn't have to pay extra. Same price as old seats because they wanted me to move.

I'll stick with football and just buy single tix to baseball games. I can't gaurantee this week that I can make it to next weeks game after I already paid for it. Like the Lightning so many times this year, I'll end up having give my tix to a friend. And everytime I go to the next Bolts game after I gave tix to my girlfriends friends, nobody is happy to see me there...I don't know why.

« #7 : April 24, 2007, 12:35:44 AM »

///

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #8 : April 24, 2007, 10:03:03 AM »

Who drinks "hiney" light and mich ultra? 

Hopefully those were your girl's beers Bucjam....

« #9 : April 24, 2007, 07:19:10 PM »

20-25% interest jump after the 90 day period?

I'm sure that's not going to sneak up on someone.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #10 : April 24, 2007, 07:21:12 PM »

20-25% interest jump after the 90 day period?

I'm sure that's not going to sneak up on someone.

Yeah, it's a big hike.

But I suppose the idea is pay it off in 3 months or don't buy.

« #11 : April 24, 2007, 07:22:44 PM »

I would guess.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #12 : April 24, 2007, 07:23:34 PM »

3 months to pay is better than paying all up front that's for sure.

« #13 : April 24, 2007, 07:27:13 PM »

Well yeah, that or you can go get a Rays seat and move down after an inning.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #14 : April 24, 2007, 08:09:37 PM »

Well yeah, that or you can go get a Rays seat and move down after an inning.

Not if you live in Atlanta.

And I'd imagine if the Rays started selling more tickets that would come to an end.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Atlanta Braves to offer 90-day, interest-free financing for tickets. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools