Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Unofficial "Official" Bucs V. G-Men thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

: October 28, 2006, 10:38:25 AM

Headed to New Jersey in about 6 hours or so, and wanted to get a jump on the game tomorrow.  The Bucs need this one, the GIants need it, it is going to be a good game, I hope.  That is all we can ask for.

Things I would like to see:
Gradkowski airing it out effectively, and for Joey to have a good game.  I think our wideouts should be a problem for their secondary.
I would like to see Caddy toting the pill at least 20 times...because you can't argue with facts.  The Bucs win when this happens.
The Front Four to have a good game.  It has been too long since there was effective pressure being generated.
Derrick Brooks to make his mark felt.  He is on the snide, and needs to play well.  If he starts missing big tackles, it is going to be a long day.
Phillip Buchanon on punt returns.  That is why he is here, after two weeks, he should be acclimated.  Homerun!
Gruden using the "Star Wars" set once or twice to keep the defense unsure.  Being predictable yields bad results.
I would like to see some OFFENSE being generated.  Some points AND yards to complement them.
Finally, a big fat "W" would be the icing on the cake.  Actually, it would be the cake and icing.

Go Bucs!

Have fun PR buds.  See you all on Monday!

Keep the thread alive till Sunday baby! ;)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 28, 2006, 10:42:13 AM

And FWIW, there is a nasty storm coming into the Northeast, high, high winds.  25-40 MPH gusts, flood warnings, rain/sleet.  Looks like Grads will have a tough time throwing in this stuff.  The meadowlands is notorious for crazy, circling winds.  I doubt we see much of Joey now...damn it.

Nothing good about this.

Maybe the Bucs claw their way to a HUGE W...despite the HORRID weather.

#2 : October 28, 2006, 10:43:10 AM

We have to run the ball. Then after that, keep running.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 28, 2006, 10:44:21 AM

Then run some more.

#4 : October 28, 2006, 10:45:23 AM

Then run some more.
I think I left something out? Maybe it was running the ball?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 28, 2006, 11:25:58 AM

Guys, you are forgetting something here.

You forgot that Caddy needs to pound the rock.

Sheesh.

Peace!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 28, 2006, 11:27:05 AM

About 26 hours from now, the Caddy "rolls" into town.

Just wanted to keep the lame Caddy-Car jokes coming!

Go get em' MAhan! 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 28, 2006, 11:28:08 AM

Have a great day Boid.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 28, 2006, 12:37:10 PM

yeah Boid have a safe trip baby boy, coming off that monday night game we might have an edge over the G-man who seem to be a bit banged up and they have had a short week it would be nice if Ike can have  a good game. pound that rock and even swing some pass out to the RB's, we should win this match up, go BUCS

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 28, 2006, 04:40:44 PM

I honestly think that we can beat the Giants. Their pass D is nothing to be afraid of and their LB's are banged up. They dont play the run well either. If we can run the ball effectively, and then get a solid passing game going, therefore limiting the effectiveness of the Giants main defensive asset, their pass rush, then our Offense will at least keep their side of the bargain.

As for the D, I think we should start the game with 7/8 man fronts to shut down Tiki, our primary target. If we can keep a lead up until the 4th Quarter then Tiki could become a non factor in the game and giving our Defense only the Passing Game to defend.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 29, 2006, 01:42:42 AM

Grads played in Toledo, so not exactly tropical conditions there all the time either. At least he will be used to it and won't be totally lost. Guess we can't count on any 62-yard field goals this week. Looks like a lot of running and short passes which makes TACKLING THAT MUCH MORE IMPORTANT!!! Hear me defense??????

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#11 : October 29, 2006, 01:43:28 AM

Grads played in Toledo, so not exactly tropical conditions there all the time either. At least he will be used to it and won't be totally lost. Guess we can't count on any 62-yard field goals this week. Looks like a lot of running and short passes which makes TACKLING THAT MUCH MORE IMPORTANT!!! Hear me defense??????

banned.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 29, 2006, 04:45:14 AM

I live about 50 miles west of the Meadowlands and the winds are howling. Right now a 92-yard FG is possible with a tailwind, maybe even a real deep pass by Gradkowski.

My wife was raised a Giant fan so today is going to be noisy and contentious. The Bucs are at a huge disadvantage but I'm hoping for another upset. If Caddy can just run the ball, we might have a chance. Not going to be a good day for passing. Maybe if Pittman could run the ball some.........

I don't believe rain will be a factor, but still with the high winds and all, I think we need Alstott to run the ball. Where the hell is Watson when you really need him? Brackins could probably tote the rock. At least he wouldn't have a route to screw up running from the backfield.

Hey Gruden, not a good day for passing.

calehawkins

Second String

#13 : October 29, 2006, 06:02:26 AM

LaVar Arrington and Carlos Emmons are both injured- Caddy should have an easy time getting past the depleted Giants linebacking corps.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 29, 2006, 07:59:25 AM

With those swirling winds the Bucs need to stay on the ground and stay with the running game. It also helps that Bryant has experience playing there so that is a something to hang your hat on. 
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Unofficial "Official" Bucs V. G-Men thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools