Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs Are Expressing Interest In CB Eric Wright « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucs1

Practice Squad
: April 24, 2007, 01:32:12 PM

From KFFL.com: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Buccaneers | Staff showing interest in E. Wright
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:15:55 -0700

Adam Schein, writing for FOXSports.com, reports UNLV CB Eric Wright said he has received a lot of interest from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' staff.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 24, 2007, 01:35:43 PM

Strengths:
Has good size and bulk for the position...Very smooth and a terrific athlete ...Very quick and agile with a burst...Great timed and recovery speed...Has fluid hips and flips them well...Good ball skills...Closes fast...Still has loads of upside...Has a lot of confidence and the mindset of a corner...May be able to help as a return man.

Weaknesses:
Only has two years of experience...Takes too many risks in coverage...Raw and he still needs a lot of technique work...Not overly physical...Average as a tackler and against the run...Battled an injury as a junior and durability is a concern...Has some pretty major character questions that will need to be looked into carefully.

Notes:
Began his career at Southern Cal where he redshirted in 2003 and then started 13 games as a freshman...Transferred after he was arrested for su**CENSORED**ion of rape and while nothing ultimately became of those charges police did find 136 Ecstasy pills in the apartment he shared with a roommate...Has all the physical tools you look for but there are a lot of question marks as well...A classic boom or bust pick.

----------

Red flags go against the grain of what GruAllen have done the last few years with high picks.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#2 : April 24, 2007, 01:39:28 PM

Sounds like one of those good character guys.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 24, 2007, 01:40:45 PM

Sounds like Pacman Jones, as PFT has mentioned.

shall555

Starter

#4 : April 24, 2007, 01:51:33 PM

Could be a good 3rd or 4th round pick up. Has 1st round talent with character issues.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 24, 2007, 04:15:48 PM

I'd much rather have Marcus Thomas if we're picking red flag guys.

orlandobuc

Starter

#6 : April 24, 2007, 04:34:21 PM

Wasnt Colmer a boom or bust?

A 4 win team has no business taking chances that they might get a great one. You do that when your picking 25th a lower.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 24, 2007, 07:40:39 PM

Heard him interviewed by Gil Brandt.  Was well spoken and sounded like he is a good kid that made a mistake and learned from it.  If we are talking 2b or 3 then worth considering.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#8 : April 24, 2007, 07:46:50 PM

Heard him interviewed by Gil Brandt.  Was well spoken and sounded like he is a good kid that made a mistake and learned from it.  If we are talking 2b or 3 then worth considering.
Exactly, and you never heard a word bad about him at UNLV.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 24, 2007, 08:07:12 PM

Round 4

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 24, 2007, 08:10:23 PM

he'll probably go round 2.  I don't see it happening for us unless he falls.  CB isn't a huge need anyways.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#11 : April 25, 2007, 10:10:44 AM

So he went to USC, had an issue but was never tried or convicted, and then went to UNLV for 2 years and had no trouble at all?  Is that correct?

If so, that speaks volumes to me about this kid learning his lesson.  If he LIVED in Las Vegas for 2 years with zero problems, I'd say he learned from his previous mistake and isn't  that huge of a concern.  Most people have a hard time staying out of trouble in Vegas when only there a few days.  They don't call it Sin City for nothing.  Pac Man was there a couple days and someone was killed in his presence.  Wright was there 2 years with no issues.  I don't see the comparison and its not fair to compare the 2. 

bucs1

Practice Squad
#12 : April 24, 2007, 09:26:14 PM

Well he does have some character problems so maybe we can get him in the 4th round.

shall555

Starter

#13 : April 24, 2007, 10:33:21 PM

"Character" is the buzz word this year in the NFL. Teams will give passes to players like CJ and Okoye, but I think Wright will drop due the drug circumstances and the fact that he plays CB. Teams will have nightmares of Pacman all over again, although I don't think it would be fair to judge him based on that alone. Smoking weed is one thing, but selling ecstacy is a whole different ball of wax.

Who knows, his motive might've been a simple 'get paid AND laid in college' with the ecstacy. LOL. With all this said, I'd still take a chance on him.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 24, 2007, 10:36:41 PM

I'd much rather have Marcus Thomas if we're picking red flag guys.

I agree. IMO we're more than set at CB. Granted, Sammy Davis is a "?", but even assuming he's nothing we have PB, Ronde, BK, Bolden, Cox, and Z Man. On the other hand we can always use the talent at UT.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs Are Expressing Interest In CB Eric Wright « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools