Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs Are Expressing Interest In CB Eric Wright « previous next »
Page: 1 2

devasher

Starter
#15 : April 24, 2007, 11:56:27 PM

I'd much rather have Marcus Thomas if we're picking red flag guys.

I agree. IMO we're more than set at CB. Granted, Sammy Davis is a "?", but even assuming he's nothing we have PB, Ronde, BK, Bolden, Cox, and Z Man. On the other hand we can always use the talent at UT.

Sammy Davis is not a lock to make the team. Brian Kelly doesnt look like he'll be in our future plans (toe injury, contract demands), and like Ronde is aging. Alan Zemaitis hasn't proven anything, and Bolden was beaten like he stole something repeatedly last year.  Buchanon has talent but is on his 3rd team, and Cox is a fringe CB in this league. IMO we are not exactly "set" at CB.

For what it's worth I see similarities between Wright and Buchanon as corners. Both can cover, return punts, and are great athletes with fluid hips. Wright is a little more physical and Buchanon is a little more of a ball-hawk.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 25, 2007, 12:02:52 AM

If not for those character issues, I think this guy would be the best corner in the draft.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 25, 2007, 04:38:12 AM

The guy was an honor roll student in high school and maintained a decent GPA in college.  I don't think he's a bad kid after hearing him interviewed.  I've also heard Marcus Thomas interviewed recently and he sounded like an idiot.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#18 : April 25, 2007, 05:09:37 AM

Bolden might be transitioned into Safety.

Hit-55

Starter

#19 : April 25, 2007, 10:21:38 AM

On Surius NFL radio they said he was in the wrong place at the wrong time when he was at USC and he truely is a good kid that can play. I'd say he is worth a look.

Fire the cannons!!!

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 25, 2007, 05:38:54 PM

From what I read this kid will be a good corner... somewhere else.  He's not a zone corner.  He's a man to man corner who can't tackle.  We already have that in PBuch.  We don't need another one.

From Scouts Inc.:
Weaknesses: Lacks ideal recognition skills. Takes too many chances and is undisciplined. He gets caught peeking in the backfield and he gets burned too frequently for gambling. Not physical enough and doesn't show enough aggressiveness in run support. He avoids contact too often and he is a below-average open-field tackler. Comes with off-field character baggage. Transferred from USC to UNLV after he was arrested and charged on su**CENSORED**ion of rape. The charges were eventually dropped but authorities did find the drug ecstasy in his apartment, which he shared with a roommate, during a search.

#21 : April 25, 2007, 05:56:27 PM

CB isn't a glaring need, too many other positions are and should be addressed - UT, LOT, C, DE, S, MLB.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs Are Expressing Interest In CB Eric Wright « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools