Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BRady Quinn In Negotiations with the Raiders « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Swolf

Practice Squad

: April 25, 2007, 07:42:21 AM

I havent seen this posted but Brady Quinn was on ESPN last on thier special and he said his agents are in negotiations <SP> with the raiders. If thats the case then Detroit is the one with the cards. If they select Russell then we should have our pick of Thomas/Johnson if everyone stays put because I see Cleveland taking AP.

Of course this is everyone staying put. If a trade goes down then of course, just an FYI

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 25, 2007, 07:53:25 AM

It's been reported that Quinn is among the trio the Raiders are negoiating with along with CJ and Russell.

It could be a negoiating ploy to get their main target to take a lesser deal or it could be a 2006 Texans agenda.  Here's the contract boys...first one to pounce is the #1 pick. 

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 25, 2007, 08:25:55 AM

It's been reported that Quinn is among the trio the Raiders are negoiating with along with CJ and Russell.

It could be a negoiating ploy to get their main target to take a lesser deal or it could be a 2006 Texans agenda.  Here's the contract boys...first one to pounce is the #1 pick. 

Thats what I would do, who wants to sign this contract?  So no hold outs for the first pick.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

Hit-55

Starter

#3 : April 25, 2007, 10:34:25 AM

Smokescreen. It's JR or CJ.

Fire the cannons!!!

sma2680

Practice Squad

#4 : April 25, 2007, 10:42:30 AM

Smokescreen. It's JR or CJ.

I would say the same except for what happened last year, when everyone thought that rumors of the Texans taking Mario Williams were smoke to get the price for down for Bush or Young...

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 25, 2007, 10:46:13 AM

Although negotiations are happening it was also reported that no contract to any one, two or three players were floated out yet either.

I don't think the Raiders are going to pick Quinn, niether does alot of mocks, pundits, and fans. I think it's a smokescreen to have his name as the first reported  player in negotiations. I'm not buying it.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 25, 2007, 11:28:14 AM

Although negotiations are happening it was also reported that no contract to any one, two or three players were floated out yet either.

I don't think the Raiders are going to pick Quinn, niether does alot of mocks, pundits, and fans. I think it's a smokescreen to have his name as the first reported player in negotiations. I'm not buying it.

Exactly.  It's a negotiating ploy to take leverage away from the two they really want. 

On another front, if you were a rookie, especially a QB, would you want the bigger check or would you just want to stay as far away from the Raiders as possible?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#7 : April 25, 2007, 01:02:59 PM

I don't think the Raiders are going to pick Quinn, niether does alot of mocks, pundits, and fans. I think it's a smokescreen to have his name as the first reported player in negotiations. I'm not buying it.

I would be confident enough in my abilities that I could turn the Raiders around.

Exactly.  It's a negotiating ploy to take leverage away from the two they really want. 

On another front, if you were a rookie, especially a QB, would you want the bigger check or would you just want to stay as far away from the Raiders as possible?

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#8 : April 25, 2007, 01:27:07 PM

I don't see why people think the raiders are going to be a bad team. WIth that defense and the WRs they have, All they need is a decent QB to be competetive in the AFC.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 25, 2007, 01:28:53 PM

If I were Al Davis, I'd pick CJ just to piss off Gruden.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 25, 2007, 01:48:51 PM

I would stay as far away from the Faders as possible. Although the try to win every year...they have to be a top 5 worst franchise in the NFL.

I heard that CJ said if he knew that Oakland would draft him he wouldn't entered into the draft...lol...I don't think Oakland picks him. They need a QB.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 25, 2007, 01:53:28 PM

My top 5 worst Franchises at this time

1. Cincy
2. Oakland
3. Detroit
4. Cleveland
5. Buffalo

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 25, 2007, 02:05:26 PM

I would stay as far away from the Faders as possible. Although the try to win every year...they have to be a top 5 worst franchise in the NFL.

I heard that CJ said if he knew that Oakland would draft him he wouldn't entered into the draft...lol...I don't think Oakland picks him. They need a QB.

It has nothing to do with the team.  The franchise is run by a cook
I don't see why people think the raiders are going to be a bad team. WIth that defense and the WRs they have, All they need is a decent QB to be competetive in the AFC.

And an O-Line.  But that's not the point.  The team itself has nothing to do with it.  It's the organization itself.  It's run by a crazy old coot! 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 25, 2007, 02:09:50 PM

It has nothing to do with the team.  The franchise is run by a cook

A cook like a chef or a kook like a nut?

BucLord

Starter

#14 : April 25, 2007, 02:27:56 PM

It has nothing to do with the team. The franchise is run by a cook

And an O-Line. But that's not the point. The team itself has nothing to do with it. It's the organization itself. It's run by a crazy old coot!

They've had better drafts than us, if we could get half the guys that they drafted on defense I'd take a crazy old coot running my team any day. Jon Grudens worse at drafting than Al Davis

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BRady Quinn In Negotiations with the Raiders « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools