Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarles first interview @ 3:15 on WDAE. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

: April 25, 2007, 09:14:23 AM

Shelton will be on the Duemig show this afternoon speaking about his forced retirement.  It will be the first time he has talked to the media since the announcement.

3:15 WDAE

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#1 : April 25, 2007, 09:24:51 AM

Both Shelton Quarles and Steve Duemig have their agendas to spread.

Should be interesting...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 25, 2007, 09:25:45 AM

We all know Duemig is just a tool.    But what agenda does Quarles have?   

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 25, 2007, 09:26:24 AM

Both Shelton Quarles and Steve Duemig have their agendas to spread.

Should be interesting...

yep, it will be very interesting.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#4 : April 25, 2007, 09:35:26 AM

We all know Duemig is just a tool. But what agenda does Quarles have?

Q has now been tagged as damaged goods.  If he intends to collect more NFL paychecks you can bet there will be some spin coming out of his mouth on 620.  I'm sure he'll say he was told one thing and the Bucs did another, that's business.....

Like my boy Bob Sugar says "It ain't show friends, it's show business"....

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 25, 2007, 09:39:46 AM

I tuned into Duemig yesterday to see if he was talking about the draft and he spent the whole show screaming bloody murder about Quarles being cut and how terrible the team treats its players. Give me a break. The fans rip the Gruden for not performing and then rip him for letting go of players who aren't part of the future.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 25, 2007, 09:42:11 AM

I can't stand the Tampa fan base, it hurts to be a Buc fan lately. I listened to a portion of the rant yesterday and know he's spitting venom just to spit venom, it's ridiculous and anyone with common sense can seperate fact from sensationalism.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#7 : April 25, 2007, 09:47:54 AM

I tuned into Duemig yesterday to see if he was talking about the draft and he spent the whole show screaming bloody murder about Quarles being cut and how terrible the team treats its players. Give me a break. The fans rip the Gruden for not performing and then rip him for letting go of players who aren't part of the future.

I missed that but caught Ian/Ron this morning spewing the same BS. Ian should know better. He acts
like the Bucs have damaged Shelton's rep. The guy is 35 YEARS OLD with numerous injuries included
concussions. EVERY team knows this..it doesn't matter what the hell Bruce says.  The fact is this is
between Shelton and the team...the team doesn't have to play this out to the media to appease them.
Frankly they (WDAE) should spend a little more time comending Shelton and his career.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#8 : April 25, 2007, 09:51:00 AM

I can't stand the Tampa fan base, it hurts to be a Buc fan lately. I listened to a portion of the rant yesterday and know he's spitting venom just to spit venom, it's ridiculous and anyone with common sense can seperate fact from sensationalism.

Trust me, our fanbase is no different than any other. I live in the NY/PA area and the fans here rip the Eagles and Giants no matter what they do. As a logical FOOTBALL fan, I understand that you can't continue to keep players that have major injury concerns on your roster no matter who beloved they are by the fanbase. Not everybody thinks this way of course, which is why the media has a field day with every move the Bucs make. But you'd find the same thing in just about any market where the team has struggled as of late.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 25, 2007, 10:04:38 AM

wasnt shelton second on our team in tackles last year?  although old, seems he's still getting the job done.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 25, 2007, 10:06:01 AM

Unfortunately, the average fan doesn't have the football smarts that many of the posters in these forums have. Therefore, they're easily led by media types with an obvious agenda like Duemig.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#11 : April 25, 2007, 10:07:52 AM

So if Duemig is just spewing crap, etc, etc, how do you explain guys like Q going on? Same for Brooks & Alstott.

Shivver--you should be ashamed to talk like that about Shelton--the ultimate warrior.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 25, 2007, 10:09:20 AM

So if Duemig is just spewing crap, etc, etc, how do you explain guys like Q going on? Same for Brooks & Alstott.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Clarify?

Balls Out

Starter
#13 : April 25, 2007, 10:15:11 AM

The problem with the media in general is that their goal isn't to get the facts straight, but to create controversy and sensationalize the stories....and unfortunately it works for the masses i.e. the ignorant...look no further than O'Reilly to prove my point.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#14 : April 25, 2007, 10:17:04 AM

Shivver--you should be ashamed to talk like that about Shelton--the ultimate warrior.

How do YOU justify keeping a player who has concussion and degenerative hip issues? Obviously age wasn't the main issue because we a few players that are older than Q on the roster. He wasn't making a ton of jack either, so the cap implications couldn't have been a major factor either. Shelton was a great player for the better part of a decade, but just like Hardy Nickerson, Q's time has come and we must move forward. It happens to the best of them.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarles first interview @ 3:15 on WDAE. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools