Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarles first interview @ 3:15 on WDAE. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#15 : April 25, 2007, 10:29:23 AM

The problem with the media in general is that their goal isn't to get the facts straight, but to create controversy and sensationalize the stories....and unfortunately it works for the masses i.e. the ignorant...look no further than O'Reilly to prove my point.

DING DING DING DING DING ! We have a winner folks. Duemig apparently knows how to keep folks tuning in.

Buc_Sid

Starter

#16 : April 25, 2007, 10:52:48 AM

wasnt shelton second on our team in tackles last year? although old, seems he's still getting the job done.

You willing to gamble $4 million in salary and cap space to find out if he can be super glued back together every week?  I respect the hell out of what Q did here, he was a warrior for a long time, but this is about dollars and sense.  Unless Q was willing to re-do his deal in a team friendly way to the point that his roster bonus would be pushed back to say the start of the regular season, there's really no argument here.  Frankly, if Allen and Gruden didn't cut him loose now, I'd be pissed.  At least they are letting him go now, and not giving him the Culpepper treatment like Dungy/McKay did.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 25, 2007, 10:59:07 AM

Here's the email I just sent Duemig:

"Are you going to cry with Shelton? It was time for Shelton to go, funny, I don't remember this venom going to Dungy or Mckay when Culpepper got canned, why is that Steve? There's no reason to create this type of hysteria with your cronies that hang on every word you say, who lack the intelligence to separate sensationalism from factual events.

I bet if this happened Super Bowl week you'd have a small vomit session but since there's nothing to talk about you have vomit loudly about it. I'll be listening laughing my ass off at a player who's trying to save his career and play a few more seasons. I love Shelton and what he's done for the Bucs but his time to go is now, it's over. Hang the cleats up, you know the Bucs should've let him go, don't go crying about how they didn't treat him right. This is the NFL, players never get treated right when it's time to hang them up, get over it and stop crying."

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#18 : April 25, 2007, 11:11:09 AM

Here's the email I just sent Duemig:

"Are you going to cry with Shelton? It was time for Shelton to go, funny, I don't remember this venom going to Dungy or Mckay when Culpepper got canned, why is that Steve? There's no reason to create this type of hysteria with your cronies that hang on every word you say, who lack the intelligence to separate sensationalism from factual events.

I bet if this happened Super Bowl week you'd have a small vomit session but since there's nothing to talk about you have vomit loudly about it. I'll be listening laughing my ass off at a player who's trying to save his career and play a few more seasons. I love Shelton and what he's done for the Bucs but his time to go is now, it's over. Hang the cleats up, you know the Bucs should've let him go, don't go crying about how they didn't treat him right. This is the NFL, players never get treated right when it's time to hang them up, get over it and stop crying."

Please post his response!

vladin

Starter

#19 : April 25, 2007, 11:12:30 AM

I think we should keep all of our players until they decide on their terms it is time for them to hang up their shoes.  I mean, they are competitors.  They always know when enough is enough, right?  Just like Muhammed Ali. 

They should be afforded the dignity of being wheeled into position on the football field, while 60,000 screaming fans watch a 22 year old kid knock their head clean off their body.  "He died doing what he loved," we'll say.  And we'll feel all warm and fuzzy and we'll hold our lighters up into the air.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 25, 2007, 11:17:14 AM

Please post his response!

He'll respond and I'll fill you in on what he says......

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 25, 2007, 11:19:44 AM

The problem with the media in general is that their goal isn't to get the facts straight, but to create controversy and sensationalize the stories....and unfortunately it works for the masses i.e. the ignorant...look no further than O'Reilly to prove my point.

Keep politics out of this. We all know that Olbermann harbours the wacko lefts idealogy of appeasement and defeatism, and sensationalizes every damn story he dipicts also. It's both ways people. Don't look past thier first and foremost agenda...Ratings.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#22 : April 25, 2007, 11:42:32 AM

Keep politics out of this. We all know that Olbermann harbours the wacko lefts idealogy of appeasement and defeatism, and sensationalizes every damn story he dipicts also. It's both ways people. Don't look past thier first and foremost agenda...Ratings.

you crack me up

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#23 : April 25, 2007, 11:44:21 AM

Q's agenda  - must be the same agenda Lynch had.

MHShoops

Rookie

#24 : April 25, 2007, 12:06:14 PM

The Quarles story reminds me of the horse Boxer from the novel Animal Farm.  He continued to tredge forward, always loyal, willing to work injured.  After being told of a great reward to come when his career was nearly over, he was sold to the glue factory. 

spartan

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 25, 2007, 12:12:36 PM

Just remember that the Bucs postponed his roster bonus for him to get expert medical advice (and possibly heal). They did not cut or release him but gave him more time to get it together. The bucs gave him until the very last minute and he stilled failed his medical. I don't think that really comes under the umbrella of disposing of him and just letting him go.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#26 : April 25, 2007, 12:19:40 PM

I'll definately tune in today for that.  It should be very interesting to hear Shelton's perspective on what happend.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 25, 2007, 12:22:41 PM

The Quarles story reminds me of the horse Boxer from the novel Animal Farm. He continued to tredge forward, always loyal, willing to work injured. After being told of a great reward to come when his career was nearly over, he was sold to the glue factory.

man that's thew dumbest thing I've heard all day...

vladin

Starter

#28 : April 25, 2007, 12:23:37 PM

The Quarles story reminds me of the horse Boxer from the novel Animal Farm.  He continued to tredge forward, always loyal, willing to work injured.  After being told of a great reward to come when his career was nearly over, he was sold to the glue factory. 

Except that the horse in this case is a person, who has made millions of dollars.  And the glue factory in this case is the free will to walk over to another farm, er.. team..  and compete for another job if he truly feels he is healthy.

light*beer

Rookie

#29 : April 25, 2007, 12:35:46 PM

"Here's the email I just sent Duemig":. . . . . .

If he's a sports talk radio guy, why not call his show, why the email?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarles first interview @ 3:15 on WDAE. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools