Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarles first interview @ 3:15 on WDAE. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

vladin

Starter

#30 : April 25, 2007, 12:37:59 PM

"Here's the email I just sent Duemig":. . . . . .

If he's a sports talk radio guy, why not call his show, why the email?

Because any attempt at reasonable dissent on his show is met with yelling and the catch all phrase "You know nothing.  You don't know what I know.  If you only new.  I can't say anything..  blah blah blah.."?  An email at least allows you to finish your thought and go on with your day.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 25, 2007, 01:01:56 PM

"Here's the email I just sent Duemig":. . . . . .

If he's a sports talk radio guy, why not call his show, why the email?

I've called plenty of times but will be working and won't have time to wait. If you come with some game on his show he'll let you roll for a little while but it awlways ends up with what vlad says.

I don't mind Duemig but he crosses the line with the venom towards to the Bucs FO.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#32 : April 25, 2007, 01:50:52 PM

So if Duemig is just spewing crap, etc, etc, how do you explain guys like Q going on? Same for Brooks & Alstott.

Shivver--you should be ashamed to talk like that about Shelton--the ultimate warrior.

WARNING - Response to this personal attack is warranted, as I have clearly been provoked.  Karen, I merely stated Shelton Quarles and Steve Duming have an agenda.  Sorry you're not capable of seeing that.

Though difficult, I've stood back and watched while masses on this forum clean your bones on numerous topics.  I've struggled to refrain from dropping my own death blow on your piñata sized head, until today.  First of all, I commend you as your level of ignorance is remarkable....  I don't know you, never met you, but have gleaned your weak takes here on these message boards and on the 620 for some time now.   You seem like a delightfully bitter old chain smoking lady.  Listen, we all know you're a 620 apologist, but is it necessary to regurgitate everything that comes out of Duming, Ron & Ian’s mouth?  It's tired and I'm tired of hearing/ reading it.  I don't quite understand how so many people, including you, can be void of original thought.  Why are there so many weak minded clones like you is this world?  Are you plugging into some mainstream media matrix?  

I just challenge you to break the mold and think for yourself more often.  Actually read the intelligent takes posted on this forum (by a select few).  Form you own opinions instead of plagiarizing your personality.  Is that too much to ask?   Try to get information about both sides of an issue, or continue to walk blindly into buzz saw after buzz saw.  

After Shelton spits him venom over the airwaves, I'll be looking forward to your cookie cutter parroted rant....  

PSA - If you're a Karen Doll, a lost sheep or just need direction, just cut and paste you name into my take where her's was used.

BTW:  If I've misjudged you, I apologize in advance.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 25, 2007, 02:01:52 PM

BTW:  If I've misjudged you, I apologize in advance.

nope, nail hit firmly on head brother.

bucboy 64

Second String

#34 : April 25, 2007, 02:08:48 PM

Awesome, see you in a couple of weeks.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#35 : April 25, 2007, 02:11:41 PM

dumigs gonna be a complete ass and make Quarles mad at the bucs. yesterday he couldnt stop complaining about the bucs letting go Quarles. like he knows wat better for the team than Gruden/Allen does.

PoorRichard

Starter

#36 : April 25, 2007, 02:43:42 PM

I am sure Quarles will handle it with class, especially if he wants to have a future in the league. Bottom line is why should any of us really care when these guys get cut or too old to play?? At the end of the daythey get paid lots of money and have no loyatly to anyone but the all-mighty dollar. I pay money for my season tix and I want to watch a winner. Not some joke of a team full of old guys and 'has-beens.' Shelton was a great player but he has slipped along with the D each and every year since '02. He got his $20m, lets move on to better things.

All the talk on 620 has been about the Bucs being too old, now its 'disgrace' that they cut the oldest MLB in the league?? Come September nobody will miss Shelton. Personally, I thought they should have canned him last year. Ruud would have got great experience, especially when the season went south.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 25, 2007, 02:57:03 PM

Why would anyone expect any less from radio show or their pundits.  The air waves are so full of hypocrisy and nonsense that I seldom if ever listen to any of them.  I did here the chihuahua (sic) yesterday.  What else can he do since he's unable to rationally talk sports and entertain at the same time.  As for, Quarles he's a class act and played at a high level last year when he played, but there always comes a time when you have to let players go adn there is no right way.

Gullfer1

Second String
#38 : April 25, 2007, 03:21:46 PM

Not coming on untill 400PM.  Preparing a statement for the media ???

Gullfer1

Second String
#39 : April 25, 2007, 04:35:19 PM

Duemig asked a lot of leading questions but did not get the answers he was looking for.  You could hear in Duemigs voice  he was  shocked Quarles would not say anything against the coach, GM or the organization.  I loved Quarles reply. "No comment" to his questions about his health. 

#40 : April 25, 2007, 04:42:29 PM

I'm afraid that...............it almost sounds like Q may be in denial. It sounds like he wants to continue playing through his old injuries and that Duemig is trying to sensationalize.

Just my take after listening to Q, but I could be wrong.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 25, 2007, 04:42:47 PM

Duemig asked a lot of leading questions but did not get the answers he was looking for. You could hear in Duemigs voice he was shocked Quarles would not say anything against the coach, GM or the organization. I loved Quarles reply. "No comment" to his questions about his health.

LOL...that was funny....Dumbdog was squirming around looking for a scandal.   ::)

bucs1

Practice Squad
#42 : April 25, 2007, 04:58:31 PM

Here's the podcast of the Shelton Quarles interview:
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/TAMPA-FL/WDAE-AM/BOSD%202007-4-25%20Shelton%20Quarles%20Exclusive.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=TAMPA-FL&NG_FORMAT=sports&SITE_ID=1124&STATION_ID=WDAE-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=620_WDAE&PCAST_CAT=Steve_Duemig&PCAST_TITLE=Steve_Duemig_Podcast_#1

Quarles comments (and no comments) on release

Clarifies injury somewhat, does not rip team as guest with Steve Duemig on WDAE

Shelton Quarles gave his first interview since being released by the Buccaneers Wednesday afternoon, live with Steve Duemig in WDAE.

As much as what Quarles said, what he did not say was at times just as revealing as he gave several "no comments" to Duemig's more pointed questions.

To the following questions Quarles said no comment: The team said the decision to be released would ultimately be Quarles'... was it? Did the team ask you to retire? Did any doctors say you couldn't play?

As for the biggest mystery of all -- what in fact is his injury -- Quarles said "I can tell you what it is not. There is nothing wrong with my head, there is nothing wrong with my hips."

The team said the reason for the release was a failed physical but GM Bruce Allen declined to give the nature of the injury, or even when the physical took place.

On Wednesday Quarles only said he took an exit physical as all players do at the end of the season. Quarles told Duemig the team would not tell him at the time if he passed or failed the physical.

Quarles essentially took the high road.

As for his future, he said he wants to play again. "I'm a competitor and I love the game of football. That hasn't changed and it won't change," he said.

But then Quarles added "it would have to be a great offer for me to leave my family" and take a playing job elsewhere.

Allen, purposely vague at times -- repeating that he does "not want to get into the medical" side of the story -- said the team is happy with Barrett Ruud as its middle linebacker.

Yet there were reports that the team has shown interest in Bears franchise player Lance Briggs, a strongside linebacker who could be moved to the middle.

Quarles was an undrafted free agent signed by the Buccaneers in 1997.

#43 : April 25, 2007, 05:01:52 PM

Briggs plays the Will not the Sam.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 25, 2007, 05:14:56 PM

You could just feel dumpig squirming because he wasn't getting the answers he so badly wanted.  :)

At the end of the interview, he said "he didn't have to comment, you can read between the lines."  Yeah right, so now dumpig is a psychic? 

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarles first interview @ 3:15 on WDAE. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools