Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald??? « previous next »
Page: 1

leomamba24

Rookie

: April 25, 2007, 11:26:50 AM

if you're staring both of these "one in a decade recievers" right in the face you would you rather have, coming out of college.

Both are pretty much the same

Larry 4.63 speed 35 inch vertical great hands 6-2 223 pounds

Calvin 4.3 speed 45 inch vertical great hands 6-5 239 pounds

larry's quarterback in college rod rutherford was pretty good and broke pittsburg records

Calvin's quarterback was reggie ball who will be in 2007 some teams pratice squad wide reciever, which pretty much saids it all

#1 : April 25, 2007, 11:30:22 AM

The way Calvin projects: Calvin hands down. There hasn't been a prospect that projects like him in recent memeory

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 25, 2007, 11:31:17 AM

I don't recall anyone calling Fitz a once in a decade prospect.  Just a very good receiver.

leomamba24

Rookie

#3 : April 25, 2007, 11:36:42 AM

One of the most decorated receivers in Big East Conference history, virtually everyone in the industry has heaped praise on this outstanding athlete … The Sporting News said about him, "Fitzgerald is a once-in-a-decade receiver who runs routes like an NFL vet, contorts his body like a circus freak and cranks out numbers like a switchboard operator. Fitzgerald also is the classiest person in the [college] game."

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 25, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

One of the most decorated receivers in Big East Conference history, virtually everyone in the industry has heaped praise on this outstanding athlete … The Sporting News said about him, "Fitzgerald is a once-in-a-decade receiver who runs routes like an NFL vet, contorts his body like a circus freak and cranks out numbers like a switchboard operator. Fitzgerald also is the classiest person in the [college] game."

Well there you go!  But I'd still take CJ.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 25, 2007, 11:42:17 AM

Their numbers don't compare (the "combine" stuff anyway).

CJ is 16 pounds heavier.  Has a 10 inch (almost a foot better!) advantage in the vertical leap, runs about 3 tenths (which is a HUGE difference) faster in the forty, and is 3 inches taller.

Looking at that stuff, CJ is hands down the better looking prospect.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#6 : April 25, 2007, 11:43:51 AM

Based on workout numbers Calvin projects as a better athlete. I'd go with him because the speed makes him a deep threat. They are both gamebreakers for sure but I'll take the faster reciever.

leomamba24

Rookie

#7 : April 25, 2007, 11:45:45 AM

Calvin as a Buc would be a great match. He already has experience with bad quarterbacks

MVP

Pro Bowler

#8 : April 25, 2007, 11:53:06 AM

Calvin as a Buc would be a great match. He already has experience with bad quarterbacks

LOL. That is for sure. But Who knows? If the offensive line is straightened out and Garcia brings some consistency at QB we could get to see some *sharp intake of breath* offensive firepower in Tampa.

Buc31

Starter

#9 : April 25, 2007, 12:19:01 PM

Lol offensive firepower! I wish but one can only dream.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 25, 2007, 03:12:46 PM

if you're staring both of these "one in a decade recievers" right in the face you would you rather have, coming out of college.

Both are pretty much the same

Larry 4.63 speed 35 inch vertical great hands 6-2 223 pounds

Calvin 4.3 speed 45 inch vertical great hands 6-5 239 pounds

larry's quarterback in college rod rutherford was pretty good and broke pittsburg records

Calvin's quarterback was reggie ball who will be in 2007 some teams pratice squad wide reciever, which pretty much saids it all

measurables aren't even close.

at 3 inches taller and 10 inches bigger leap, you're talking about a guy who can go up one foot higher to get a ball.  that's pretty ridiculous.

and 3/10 of a second is a big difference, like linebacker vs cornerback big

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 25, 2007, 04:40:33 PM

CJ

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#12 : April 25, 2007, 08:32:32 PM

Johnson
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools