Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Briggs worth both of our 2's? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

: April 25, 2007, 11:47:39 AM

According to Kirwin, the Bears do not want to move up to the 4 spot but are more interested in both of our 2nd rounders. He speculated that the Bucs may be more interested in offering a 2 this yr and 2 next yr.

Thoughts?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 25, 2007, 11:55:26 AM

According to Kirwin, the Bears do not want to move up to the 4 spot but are more interested in both of our 2nd rounders. He speculated that the Bucs may be more interested in offering a 2 this yr and 2 next yr.

Thoughts?

Well one of the 2s is the very last pick so I think the deal is good for a genuine pro-bowl caliber starter.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 25, 2007, 11:56:14 AM

^^^Definitely.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 25, 2007, 11:56:37 AM

As much as I want Briggs, we need DL help too much to make that deal.  But a 2 this year and a 2 next year... yeah, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 25, 2007, 11:57:34 AM

Doesn't look bad to me. Sucks none of our LB prospects look like they can fill the role :(

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#5 : April 25, 2007, 11:57:52 AM

we do need d line help, but what if we draft adams or okoye first? then trade one of our 2nds to the bears for briggs, then use the 2b and 3rd round pick for a DE,DT or safety

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 25, 2007, 11:58:06 AM

As much as I want Briggs, we need DL help too much to make that deal.  

That is the problem we are faced with.    LB is really on most people’s radar has a pressing need this year, which kind of shows what an awful state the Buccs are in on D.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 25, 2007, 11:59:21 AM

we do need d line help, but what if we draft adams or okoye first? then trade one of our 2nds to the bears for briggs, then use the 2b and 3rd round pick for a DE,DT or safety

That would fix the problem, it's just that it's unlikely that's going to happen at this point.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 25, 2007, 12:04:09 PM

I'd prefer one two this year and one two next year, but since the Bucs got a two for Booger, if they did make the deal and traded both of them away in THIS draft, it would be like trading Booger and our second for Briggs...and I would have made that trade in an instant.

Briggs would be a big upgrade to this defense and would play MLB this year but would be the heir apparent to Derrick Brooks.

If they make the deal, perhaps they have another team lined up to move up to #4 overall in exchange for a second in this draft. If so, the Bucs could move down and take Okoye in round one and still have a second for more help. Plus they'll have Briggs as well.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 25, 2007, 12:06:12 PM

Rude, Nice, and Bigs...  Ok so not that funny.

Seriously,  that doesn't seem too bad. I'm not much of a niece fan though. You take Briggs out and plug in a big ole ? and I'm very concerned.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 25, 2007, 12:08:24 PM

I'd prefer one two this year and one two next year, but since the Bucs got a two for Booger, if they did make the deal and traded both of them away in THIS draft, it would be like trading Booger and our second for Briggs...and I would have made that trade in an instant.

That's what I'd roll with as well, no question.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#11 : April 25, 2007, 12:13:11 PM

Two 2, one this year one next isn't a bad deal at all. But what do we do with all of these LBs? Brooks, Ruud, Nece, Winborn, June and possible Briggs too? Best 3 start.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 25, 2007, 12:17:46 PM

Trade Simeon or Kelly, no picks.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 25, 2007, 12:18:33 PM

But what do we do with all of these LBs? Brooks, Ruud, Nece, Winborn, June and possible Briggs too?

And Chuk. Not a bad problem to have. With all those guys who can play WIL, Briggs would have to be the starter at MIKE with Ruud backing him. June could play SAM, and Winborn backs up Brooks for a season then moves into the starting slot next year for a starting trio of:

Winborn/Briggs/June with Nece, Ruud and Chuk (and Brooks, if he wants to hang around) backing them up.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 25, 2007, 12:18:40 PM

Two 2, one this year one next isn't a bad deal at all. But what do we do with all of these LBs? Brooks, Ruud, Nece, Winborn, June and possible Briggs too? Best 3 start.

Doesn't seem like too many to me. How many normally make the 53 man roster? And Brooks isn't long for this game. Two more years seems optimistic to me. I'm not at all convinced that any of those guys save Briggs is what we would really want two years down the road.  I like Ruud  but he might not pan out and Nece I never considered a great starter.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Briggs worth both of our 2's? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools