Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Briggs worth both of our 2's? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#45 : April 26, 2007, 01:34:14 PM

One point in this that's kind of off tangent is that if we trade away 2a, then we need to forget about drafting CJ or JT with the 4th pick and focus on the DL.

We could accomplish this in number of ways if JT or CJ is still available:

We could swap picks with Ariz. and gain additional picks this year for the rights to draft Joe Thomas and still draft Adams or Okoye

or

We could trade 1st round pick with Washington and gain an additional 1st and second round picks next year for the rights to draft Calvin Johnson; and still draft Jamaal Anderson or Okoye or Carricker

or

We could trade picks with Minnesota and gain additional pick this year and possibly next for CJ; and still draft Okoye or Carricker

or we could rob Atlanta BLIND this year and possibly next so that they can draft CJ, although it'd hurt to play against him I'm sure with a plethora of picks we can build a defense to stop Atlanta from getting him the ball.

If JT and Cj are both gone we could just stay put and draft Adams or Okoye.

Options galore!

Any trade with Washington will have to include 2008 draft picks. I believe they have a 1st rounder and then don't pick again until the 5th round or something like that.

Yeah, I forgot to type 'year' in my comments for Washington.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#46 : April 26, 2007, 01:40:15 PM

I wouldn't do it. Briggs is a nice player but we have bigger needs than LB that can be adressed with those 2 picks.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#47 : April 26, 2007, 01:41:31 PM

To put it bluntly, YES, Briggs is worth a second rounder.  And NEXT years second rounder.

The BUcs need at least ONE of the second rounders...they are in need of scouring for more talent desperately.

Looking at the roster from top to bottom, the talent is just not there.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#48 : April 26, 2007, 01:45:32 PM

No brainer - you make the deal.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Briggs worth both of our 2's? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools