Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Warrick Dunn? « previous next »
Page: 1

gharen

Pro Bowler

: October 28, 2006, 10:05:53 PM

I think I remember hearing that the Falcons were going to be cap strapped for next year and that Dunn has a very high salary as well. I wonder if the Falcons released him if the Bucs would be interested in bringing him to backup Caddy and would Warrick be interested in them. I remember Gruden being very excited when he got here at the opportunity to draw up plays for Dunn. He would be a great weapon in the passing game. Dunn might want to go start somewhere, but he also might realize he could extend his career here and still play a major role as 3rd down back and spelling Caddy. What do you all think?

vipmark

Starter
#1 : October 28, 2006, 10:39:22 PM

I would love to have Dunn back but Warrick will go where the money is.....given his history and being responsible for his brothers and sisters since college, it is understandable. Warrick is notoriously cheap and a very bad tipper but he is a good man.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 28, 2006, 11:05:24 PM

Pittman will resign at the end of the season. That obious. Pitt is also a plenty fine backup HB. Dunn is still a starter in the NFL and will go out to be just that till he is not.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 28, 2006, 11:22:01 PM

That would be awesome as it was a sad day in Tampa Bay to see him leave. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 29, 2006, 01:17:24 AM

I think I remember hearing that the Falcons were going to be cap strapped for next year and that Dunn has a very high salary as well. I wonder if the Falcons released him if the Bucs would be interested in bringing him to backup Caddy and would Warrick be interested in them. I remember Gruden being very excited when he got here at the opportunity to draw up plays for Dunn. He would be a great weapon in the passing game. Dunn might want to go start somewhere, but he also might realize he could extend his career here and still play a major role as 3rd down back and spelling Caddy. What do you all think?
he can "extend his career" anywhere.  He's still eligble for starter cash, which he won't get here.  File this idea inder NOT...GONNA...HAPPEN

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#5 : October 29, 2006, 01:32:11 AM

Atl strapped against the cap? How could that possiblly happen? Oh, yeah, there's that $100 million glorified RB.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 29, 2006, 07:17:21 AM

I think Pittman is signed through til the end of next season, so he aint going anywhere. As for Dunn, even if they let him go for cap reasons, which I doubt, there will be a long queue of teams trying to sign him as their franchise back, not a 3rd down back.

I cant see the Falcons letting him go anway, even if they are cap strapped. He is literally about 50% of their offense.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 29, 2006, 07:55:00 AM

The Falcons are in a bind considering they invested a lot of money in Abraham and Hartwell.  Also consider how their rookie Norwood is playing and Dunn has a very good chance of seeing the free agent market in 2007. 

replica

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 29, 2006, 08:31:05 AM

Dunn will not be coming back to Tampa, he's not going to play second fiddle to anyone.

#9 : October 29, 2006, 08:33:35 AM

agree w/Replica.....besides, Dunn will soon be on the downside of his career....haven't the Bucs done enough damned band-aiding over the years??

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 29, 2006, 09:59:53 AM

Dunn will not be back, but he remains the best running back ever to play for the Bucs.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#11 : October 29, 2006, 10:03:56 AM

Dunn will not be back, but he remains the best running back ever to play for the Bucs.
But he was a cry baby. He left so he didn't have to share the ball with Alstott, and ended up sharing with Duckett.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 29, 2006, 10:46:03 AM

I think Pittman is signed through til the end of next season, so he aint going anywhere. As for Dunn, even if they let him go for cap reasons, which I doubt, there will be a long queue of teams trying to sign him as their franchise back, not a 3rd down back.

I cant see the Falcons letting him go anway, even if they are cap strapped. He is literally about 50% of their offense.

Pitt WAS until he restructured which cut off the last year. Don't worry... No way he wont resign. 1. He loves the Buccaneers and the bay area. 2. He wont want to move his family or himself because he is getting old. 3. He knows he wont be as big of part of any other team than the Bucs. 4. He knows that he is only a backup.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#13 : October 29, 2006, 12:11:31 PM

I would like to see Dunn be our backup instead of Pittman. That would be an explosive backfield with Cadillac and Dunn together.

I like Pittman, but Dunn would be a sweet addition.

replica

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 29, 2006, 04:12:04 PM

I think Caddy will overtake Dunn in Bucs history.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Warrick Dunn? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools