Boards > The Red Board

Warrick Dunn?

(1/2) > >>

gharen:
I think I remember hearing that the Falcons were going to be cap strapped for next year and that Dunn has a very high salary as well. I wonder if the Falcons released him if the Bucs would be interested in bringing him to backup Caddy and would Warrick be interested in them. I remember Gruden being very excited when he got here at the opportunity to draw up plays for Dunn. He would be a great weapon in the passing game. Dunn might want to go start somewhere, but he also might realize he could extend his career here and still play a major role as 3rd down back and spelling Caddy. What do you all think?

vipmark:
I would love to have Dunn back but Warrick will go where the money is.....given his history and being responsible for his brothers and sisters since college, it is understandable. Warrick is notoriously cheap and a very bad tipper but he is a good man.

miamicanes04:
Pittman will resign at the end of the season. That obious. Pitt is also a plenty fine backup HB. Dunn is still a starter in the NFL and will go out to be just that till he is not.

Samari28:
That would be awesome as it was a sad day in Tampa Bay to see him leave. 

gone:

--- Quote from: gharen on October 28, 2006, 10:05:53 PM ---I think I remember hearing that the Falcons were going to be cap strapped for next year and that Dunn has a very high salary as well. I wonder if the Falcons released him if the Bucs would be interested in bringing him to backup Caddy and would Warrick be interested in them. I remember Gruden being very excited when he got here at the opportunity to draw up plays for Dunn. He would be a great weapon in the passing game. Dunn might want to go start somewhere, but he also might realize he could extend his career here and still play a major role as 3rd down back and spelling Caddy. What do you all think?

--- End quote ---
he can "extend his career" anywhere.  He's still eligble for starter cash, which he won't get here.  File this idea inder NOT...GONNA...HAPPEN

karen anderson:
Atl strapped against the cap? How could that possiblly happen? Oh, yeah, there's that $100 million glorified RB.

finnbluebucs:
I think Pittman is signed through til the end of next season, so he aint going anywhere. As for Dunn, even if they let him go for cap reasons, which I doubt, there will be a long queue of teams trying to sign him as their franchise back, not a 3rd down back.

I cant see the Falcons letting him go anway, even if they are cap strapped. He is literally about 50% of their offense.

alldaway:
The Falcons are in a bind considering they invested a lot of money in Abraham and Hartwell.  Also consider how their rookie Norwood is playing and Dunn has a very good chance of seeing the free agent market in 2007. 

replica:
Dunn will not be coming back to Tampa, he's not going to play second fiddle to anyone.

PreferNFL:
agree w/Replica.....besides, Dunn will soon be on the downside of his career....haven't the Bucs done enough damned band-aiding over the years??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version