Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fox Sports Article about Me and the Draft « previous next »
Page: 1

Bucz108

Starter

: April 25, 2007, 12:30:26 PM

Peter Schrager from FoxSports.com interviewed me this week, and wrote an article about me and the draft.  Hope you like it:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6734496

vladin

Starter

#1 : April 25, 2007, 12:45:57 PM

Nice read! 

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 25, 2007, 01:09:58 PM

That's awesome Tony! I will never forget the day the Eagles drafted Donovan McNabb instead of Ricky Williams and the Eagles fans went nuts with the booing! I still laugh because the poor guy had never played a down yet in the NFL, but was booed unmercifully.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 25, 2007, 01:44:56 PM

I don't have the balls to get that tattoo, but props to you for it!

bucs1

Practice Squad
#4 : April 25, 2007, 02:04:47 PM

That's awesome Tony.  Have a great time in New York and represent the Bucs well on Saturday.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 25, 2007, 02:13:55 PM

Man a trade up or take Quinn fan, yikes.

Where did all the Quinn fans go anyway? Napels? I still have this fresh mullet waiting.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

original

Pro Bowler

#6 : April 25, 2007, 02:22:45 PM

Nice to see a fan getting press who isn't dressed up like it is halloween.  Enjoy the day, I wish I could join you.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#7 : April 25, 2007, 02:25:27 PM

Very cool.  I was there with my wife for the Clayton draft.  I was two rows infront of Berman and crew and we got to watch Michael Irvin stuff his pile hole with food during every commercial break.  It was like, hogie, a wrap, a salad, chips, cookies, another sub, fruit, candy, a burrito then more snacks.  It was amazing to watch.  We got headphones which allowed us to listen to the ESPN broadcast even during commercial break.  Berman is funny but is all business about 10 seconds before they go live on the air.  

I'll never forget it, the ESPN camera crew gathered me and my wife with a few other Bucs fans right before the Bucs selection.  The camera was on us for the reaction shot  and then the commish read the name "Michael Clayton", I mouthed the words "W.T.F" .....  Needsless to say, it never aired.

Bucz108

Starter

#8 : April 25, 2007, 02:47:10 PM

Nice to see a fan getting press who isn't dressed up like it is halloween. Enjoy the day, I wish I could join you.

Thanks.  I'm friends with Big Nasty and Steve Isles (the guy with the Chucky dolls) but I don't think wearing a costume makes you a big fan.  To give you an example, at the Saints game in Baton Rouge a couple years ago, me and Steve were down by the field watching the players warm up.  Whenever a player would walk by, Steve would ask me, "Who's that?".  Some of them were actually big name guys, too.  I knew everyone out there.

And oh yeah, face paint comes off. My tattoo doesn't.

sma2680

Practice Squad

#9 : April 25, 2007, 06:47:44 PM

Nice read.  If you still haven't decided to wear on day one, I'd like to suggest wearing a Sapp jersey.  He was the key ingredient to turning things around (in my opinion) and he was the dominant personality on the team when he was here...if we could get another guy like that on Saturday, it would be awesome. 

But then again, can't go wrong with Lee Roy either!

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : April 26, 2007, 02:44:49 PM

Nice read  is 147 your section # at the stadium.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fox Sports Article about Me and the Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools