Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A working link to the Shelton / Dumig Interview « previous next »
Page: 1

bucs1

Practice Squad
: April 25, 2007, 05:42:03 PM

Here's the podcast of the Shelton Quarles interview:
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/TAMPA-FL/WDAE-AM/BOSD%202007-4-25%20Shelton%20Quarles%20Exclusive.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=TAMPA-FL&NG_FORMAT=sports&SITE_ID=1124&STATION_ID=WDAE-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=620_WDAE&PCAST_CAT=Steve_Duemig&PCAST_TITLE=Steve_Duemig_Podcast_#1

Here's the transcript of the Shelton Quarles interview:

Quarles comments (and no comments) on release

Clarifies injury somewhat, does not rip team as guest with Steve Duemig on WDAE

Shelton Quarles gave his first interview since being released by the Buccaneers Wednesday afternoon, live with Steve Duemig in WDAE.

As much as what Quarles said, what he did not say was at times just as revealing as he gave several "no comments" to Duemig's more pointed questions.

To the following questions Quarles said no comment: The team said the decision to be released would ultimately be Quarles'... was it? Did the team ask you to retire? Did any doctors say you couldn't play?

As for the biggest mystery of all -- what in fact is his injury -- Quarles said "I can tell you what it is not. There is nothing wrong with my head, there is nothing wrong with my hips."

The team said the reason for the release was a failed physical but GM Bruce Allen declined to give the nature of the injury, or even when the physical took place.

On Wednesday Quarles only said he took an exit physical as all players do at the end of the season. Quarles told Duemig the team would not tell him at the time if he passed or failed the physical.

Quarles essentially took the high road.

As for his future, he said he wants to play again. "I'm a competitor and I love the game of football. That hasn't changed and it won't change," he said.

But then Quarles added "it would have to be a great offer for me to leave my family" and take a playing job elsewhere.

Allen, purposely vague at times -- repeating that he does "not want to get into the medical" side of the story -- said the team is happy with Barrett Ruud as its middle linebacker.

Yet there were reports that the team has shown interest in Bears franchise player Lance Briggs, a strongside linebacker who could be moved to the middle.

Quarles was an undrafted free agent signed by the Buccaneers in 1997.

Big_Deal

Rookie

#1 : April 25, 2007, 05:40:17 PM

You'll need to download the mp3 file to listen to it.

http://www.620wdae.com/podcast/steveduemig_01.xml

Big_Deal

Rookie

#2 : April 25, 2007, 05:42:46 PM

I couldn't get your link to work. Thats why I posted this one

bucs1

Practice Squad
#3 : April 25, 2007, 05:44:00 PM

I couldn't get your link to work. Thats why I posted this one

Which one?

Big_Deal

Rookie

#4 : April 25, 2007, 05:45:14 PM

Your link to the pod cast

bucs1

Practice Squad
#5 : April 25, 2007, 05:46:04 PM

Your link to the pod cast

No, what link did you post?

bucs1

Practice Squad
#6 : April 25, 2007, 05:47:40 PM

Here, try this link:
http://www.620wdae.com/podcast/steveduemig_01.xml

Big_Deal

Rookie

#7 : April 25, 2007, 05:52:12 PM

I JUST reliazed that the link I "pasted" didnt paste ... lol

bucs1

Practice Squad
#8 : April 25, 2007, 05:58:53 PM

I JUST reliazed that the link I "pasted" didnt paste ... lol

Oh....LOL :)
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A working link to the Shelton / Dumig Interview « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools