Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarles first interview @ 3:15 on WDAE. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#45 : April 25, 2007, 05:35:23 PM

Just remember that the Bucs postponed his roster bonus for him to get expert medical advice (and possibly heal). They did not cut or release him but gave him more time to get it together. The bucs gave him until the very last minute and he stilled failed his medical. I don't think that really comes under the umbrella of disposing of him and just letting him go.

I heard part of Deumig's ranting yesterday and he somehow spun the Bucs moving the date back as something to blame on the Bucs. Apparently Quarles agreed to the delay since I don't think contracts can unilaterally be changed.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#46 : April 25, 2007, 06:25:37 PM

The team can't move a contract date without the player's consent. If monies are due, they're due, unless the contract has a provision allowing the team to move it. Either way, the team and the player have agreed that due to circumstances at hand the date can be moved.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#47 : April 25, 2007, 06:28:29 PM

The team can't move a contract date without the player's consent. If monies are due, they're due, unless the contract has a provision allowing the team to move it. Either way, the team and the player have agreed that due to circumstances at hand the date can be moved.

Which, you would think, would eliminate the ranting on this point.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarles first interview @ 3:15 on WDAE. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools