Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My argument for moving up for Ginn. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

: April 25, 2007, 06:20:11 PM

After watching the Heisman winner in Troy Smith...it's hard to go after a guy from the Ohio State offense, even if he's pure speed and return. Maybe if we didn't have so many holes.

In a heavily populated WR draft Ted Ginn Jr. would be a 3-5th rounder.

You never know he could be Steve Smith all over again....Or Jacquez Green<----Ewww!

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

JC510

Practice Squad

#1 : April 25, 2007, 06:16:40 PM

Wait, let me get this straight.  Assuming CJ is gone and the Bucs pick, say JT (on offensive lineman) you want them to trade both of their R2's to move up and pick a WR?!?  What is this sudden obsession with using a day-1 pick on a WR?  Last I looked at the Bucs they have LOT of holes, and WR isn't really one of them.

Galloway will be 36 this season and if he gets hurt this offense will be back in the stone ages. And in the last 2 years Clayton has more drops than catches and more dropped TDs than games played. So yes, WR is a need.

And last I looked Ginn is a LETHAL return man and we got abosuletly nothing out of the return game last year. Only 1 return TD the last 4 seasons, that has to be the worst in the NFL.

JC510

Practice Squad

#2 : April 25, 2007, 03:05:46 PM

This is assuming CJ is gone and the Bucs draft Joe Thomas.

A) He will be the best return man in the NFL; better than Hester.
B) Galloway turns 36 this season; a replacement is needed ASAP. Ginn is a Galloway clone, just faster.
C) The talent that will be there at 35, 64 and 68 just isn't that good. Am I supposed to get excited about Victor Abiamiri, Eric Weddle and Brandon Mebane? Get real.
D) In 2008 we're signing Charles Grant and potentially even Lance Briggs. And we can draft D in round 1, 2 and 3.
E) He's not a turd like Meriweather and Marcus Thomas, whom 99% of this board would want over Ginn.
F) Give Raheem Morris a year with the Safeties.

Watch this video,   . If you don't think we need Ginn then you're out of your mind. If Galloway goes down this offense will make the 99 Bucs look like the 99 Rams.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#3 : April 25, 2007, 03:15:04 PM

Good points JC510.  If Calvin Johnson isn't there and we have to draft someone else with the 4th overall pick, I wouldn't mind packaging up a 2nd and 3rd round pick to trade up to the end of the 1st round and pick Ginn if he even falls that far.  If he falls down to us at 2A and Calvin Johnson was off the board at our 1st round pick, I would take Ted Ginn in a heart beat.  It seems like his stock is falling so maybe he will fall down to us that far down in the draft.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 25, 2007, 03:26:15 PM

If we don't draft Calvin Johnson I don't want a receiver at all.  We don't need one that badly.  The only reason we might take Johnsons is because he's so good.  Short of a mega talent like CJ, we have much bigger needs than even drafting a WR, much less moving up to get one.  A return man would be nice, but not at the expense of a DE and a DT.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 25, 2007, 03:34:18 PM

B) Galloway turns 36 this season; a replacement is needed ASAP. Ginn is a Galloway clone, just faster.
C) The talent that will be there at 35, 64 and 68 just isn't that good. Am I supposed to get excited about Victor Abiamiri, Eric Weddle and Brandon Mebane? Get real.
D) In 2008 we're signing Charles Grant and potentially even Lance Briggs. And we can draft D in round 1, 2 and 3.
E) He's not a turd like Meriweather and Marcus Thomas, whom 99% of this board would want over Ginn.

lets see here,
A - how do you have any idea how well he will do in the NFL return game next year?
B - is ginn really faster than galloway?
C - none of those players listed are 35th quality.
D - thats alot of money throwing out.
E - marcus thomas' scenario is nothing like merriweathers, and neither of those guys are as soft as ginn.

all said, if he fell to 35th i might take him.  him vs anthony spencer (if available) would be a tough choice.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#6 : April 25, 2007, 04:31:30 PM

Are you going to hold his hand to help him run routes?

JC510

Practice Squad

#7 : April 25, 2007, 04:43:25 PM

lets see here,
A - how do you have any idea how well he will do in the NFL return game next year?
B - is ginn really faster than galloway?
C - none of those players listed are 35th quality.
D - thats alot of money throwing out.
E - marcus thomas' scenario is nothing like merriweathers, and neither of those guys are as soft as ginn.

all said, if he fell to 35th i might take him.  him vs anthony spencer (if available) would be a tough choice.

A) Did you watch the video?
B) Did you watch the video?
C) Ginn's return game alone is worth more than anything that will be there at 35, 64 and 68. Then add what his speed will bring to the offense.
D) Rice's money is coming off the books next year and if we get Briggs that means Brooks' money will be off the books also.
E) Thomas and Meriweather are the poster boys for Goodell's suspensions.

JC510

Practice Squad

#8 : April 25, 2007, 04:47:57 PM

Are you going to hold his hand to help him run routes?

Thats what the coaches are for. But he doesn't need any help running the Go.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 25, 2007, 04:48:53 PM

Ginn faster than Galloway?  No way.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 25, 2007, 04:49:39 PM

Ginn faster than Galloway? No way.

Not even close.

#11 : April 25, 2007, 04:55:38 PM

Ginn faster than Galloway? No way.

Not even close.

Gallowat: think 4.2+

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 25, 2007, 05:00:07 PM

Ted Ginn sucks, trade up for a defensive player if any trade

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#13 : April 25, 2007, 05:38:40 PM

Ginn doesn't have a problem running the go route, but much of the NFL is based on the precise route running. Our offense is supposed to be especially focused on how well you run routes. As much as I hate to do this, there was a particular WR on this roster who made incredible catches and could run an excellent go route. He couldn't learn the plays and learn to run the routes so now he plays Arena Football.

To draft Ginn in round 1 means he would have to at some point be a #2 WR. He isn't going to do that in the NFL because he can't run routes. He is going to need some hardcore coaching on that, and the coaches don't have time to babysit.

Mellow

Starter

#14 : April 25, 2007, 06:03:01 PM

Wait, let me get this straight.  Assuming CJ is gone and the Bucs pick, say JT (on offensive lineman) you want them to trade both of their R2's to move up and pick a WR?!?  What is this sudden obsession with using a day-1 pick on a WR?  Last I looked at the Bucs they have LOT of holes, and WR isn't really one of them.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My argument for moving up for Ginn. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools