Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My argument for moving up for Ginn. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 25, 2007, 07:16:54 PM

I rather the Bucs take Anthony Gonzalez over Ginn.  If Ginn drops and Gonzalez is drafted before him it would not suprise me.

The D-line needs help and I honestly do not think you can delay adding talent.  That is how dire the situation is along the D-line.

JC510

Practice Squad

#31 : April 25, 2007, 07:17:47 PM

Ginn has olympic speed

But we are not asking him to do the 800m.   ;)

No, but we're asking him to take a kickoff 102 yards, and he can do it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 25, 2007, 07:19:32 PM

Ginn has olympic speed

But we are not asking him to do the 800m. ;)

3rd round maybe but I would take his team mate ahead of him.

JC510

Practice Squad

#33 : April 25, 2007, 07:20:20 PM

I rather the Bucs take Anthony Gonzalez over Ginn.  If Ginn drops and Gonzalez is drafted before him it would not suprise me.

The D-line needs help and I honestly do not think you can delay adding talent.  That is how dire the situation is along the D-line.

A 2nd or 3rd rounder D-linemen isn't even going to start for us this year unless someone gets hurt.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 25, 2007, 07:22:45 PM

I rather the Bucs take Anthony Gonzalez over Ginn.   

When NFl Network reviewed the WRs they actually though Gonzalez has what it takes to be a very good NFL WR.  They even said he migtht be the most productive WR from the 2007 draft over his career.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 25, 2007, 07:25:18 PM

After watching the Heisman winner in Troy Smith...it's hard to go after a guy from the Ohio State offense

Why do you think Troy won the Heisman?, and why do you think he sucked in the championship after Ginn went down?

one word buddy.... OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED.

If you don't play in the SEC and ACC, your stats mean nothing. Anyone can look good against the garbage ass overrated schools that are in the Big 10, Pac 10 and Big 12.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 25, 2007, 07:24:11 PM

Ginn has olympic speed

But we are not asking him to do the 800m. ;)

My counter arguement is that you can draft Yamon Figurs with a third round pick instead of trading away a higher draft pick to move up for Ginn if the Bucs are that desperate for a returner with speed.

2nd or 3rd rounder D-linemen isn't even going to start for us this year unless someone gets hurt.

How many teams in the NFL expect 2nd or 3rd rounders to start anyways?   D-line depth is the worst of the entire football team.  Coyer likes to use a rotation and needs players.  No rotation means tired players and little depth means a repeat of the 2006 season. :(

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 25, 2007, 07:32:06 PM

Basically which is more appealing?

Ginn and trading away draft picks to trade up for him

or

Reach and draft Yamon Figurs in the third round.

IF Ginn can improve his route running of course he is the better option.  Problem is when his teammate has a better shot of being drafted before him becuase of superior route running I will take the gamble with Figurs.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 25, 2007, 07:37:12 PM

its funny how some of you guys think that clayton and stovall are question marks but ginn is a sure thing.  because of youtube videos.

ginn also played 3 series after "injuring" his ankle against UF.  still no production from the buckeyes.

and to say that our DL is in good shape is really funny.  old man, old man, decent hovan, old man, avg wyms.  sure, lets wait another year to address DL!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JC510

Practice Squad

#39 : April 25, 2007, 07:39:30 PM

its funny how some of you guys think that clayton and stovall are question marks but ginn is a sure thing.  because of youtube videos.

ginn also played 3 series after "injuring" his ankle against UF.  still no production from the buckeyes.

and to say that our DL is in good shape is really funny.  old man, old man, decent hovan, old man, avg wyms.  sure, lets wait another year to address DL!

Did I say "good shape". No. I said we can wait till 2008.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 25, 2007, 07:43:13 PM

Ginn is a weapon and I do not dispute that.  It is that what do you envision Ginn doing in the future?  Is he a #1 WR?  A #2 WR?  A #3 WR?  Who knows? ???

JC510

Practice Squad

#41 : April 25, 2007, 07:46:01 PM

Basically which is more appealing?

Ginn and trading away draft picks to trade up for him

or

Reach and draft Yamon Figurs in the third round.

IF Ginn can improve his route running of course he is the better option.  Problem is when his teammate has a better shot of being drafted before him becuase of superior route running I will take the gamble with Figurs.

Lets end this Anthony Gonzales crap right now. There's a 0% chance he's drafted ahead of Ginn. Z-E-R-O. The guy did a good job of getting into the holes that the defense left because everyone was worried about Ginn. If he was so good then why did the Ohio State offense get run off the field without Ginn in there. Without Ginn in there to control the secondary Gonzales had 2 catches for 11 yards. LMAO

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 25, 2007, 07:47:22 PM

i take - "isnt that bad" - to mean good shape.   if you dont think its in good shape, maybe you should say "isnt that good".  at least it would make it easier for me!!  ;)

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JC510

Practice Squad

#43 : April 25, 2007, 07:54:45 PM

Ginn is a weapon and I do not dispute that.  It is that what do you envision Ginn doing in the future?  Is he a #1 WR?  A #2 WR?  A #3 WR?  Who knows? ???

#2 WR that makes big plays and runs those safeties deep to open up the middle of the field for Clayton, Stovall and Smith. And elite return man, Devin Hester level.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 25, 2007, 07:59:36 PM

But what makes Ginn a superior return man than Figurs? ???  The only edge Ginn has over Figurs is that he may be able to play WR at the NFL level.

Gruden has Stovall training behind Galloway (as reported by KFFL) so Gruden has a different vision of what he wants out of his WR's.  Not saying Gruden would not like the juice that Ginn brings to the table but not sure where Gruden would line up Ginn.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My argument for moving up for Ginn. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools