Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scenario Just for Fun « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #15 : April 25, 2007, 06:32:39 PM »

Some scouts think he's better than Thomas, and he's a lot better than what we have.  As for Anderson, I say take him over Okoye because Thomas (better) can be had in the 3rd.  If we took Okoye at 5, there's no player even close to Anderson there in the 3rd.

The draft is crazy deep at DE with two 2nd round picks we should target DE later.  Okoye is a great prospect and if he pans out he could be one of the top three players in this draft.  As for Brown, he just didn’t impress me at the combine.  There is JT and the "others" IMO, and the "others" are all instantly forgettable.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Brown at RT within a couple of years.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #16 : April 25, 2007, 06:37:55 PM »

Some scouts think he's better than Thomas, and he's a lot better than what we have.  As for Anderson, I say take him over Okoye because Thomas (better) can be had in the 3rd.  If we took Okoye at 5, there's no player even close to Anderson there in the 3rd.

The draft is crazy deep at DE with two 2nd round picks we should target DE later. Okoye is a great prospect and if he pans out he could be one of the top three players in this draft. As for Brown, he just didn’t impress me at the combine. There is JT and the "others" IMO, and the "others" are all instantly forgettable. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Brown at RT within a couple of years.

Well just have to disagree on Brown.  IMO it's Adams, Anderson and everybody else at DE.  It's just like WR.  It's a great draft for WRs but there are clearly two tiers even in the 1st round.  At DT there are two tiers as well, only there will be a player from the first tier available in the 3rd round.  The reward on an Anderson-Thomas draft is well worth the risk vs an Okoye-Woodley/Moore draft. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #17 : April 25, 2007, 06:44:06 PM »

Well just have to disagree on Brown.

Here is a red flag on Brown from Draft Countdown:  'It's not a given that he'll be able to stay at left tackle once in the pros.".  I have never heard a single scout suggest JT will move to RT in the pros.  At the combine the differnce between the two was light and day, and there are question marks about Brown's work ethic. 

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #18 : April 25, 2007, 06:46:04 PM »

Well just have to disagree on Brown.

Here is a red flag on Brown from Draft Countdown: 'It's not a given that he'll be able to stay at left tackle once in the pros.". I have never heard a single scout suggest JT will move to RT in the pros. At the combine the differnce between the two was light and day, and there are question marks about Brown's work ethic.

I'm not comparing him to JT.  I'm comparing him to Anthony Davis and Luke Petitgout.  There's no question he's better than what we have.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #19 : April 25, 2007, 06:47:55 PM »

I'm not comparing him to JT. I'm comparing him to Anthony Davis and Luke Petitgout. There's no question he's better than what we have.

Davis, yes no doubt, but if Petitgout is fit he is better than Brown IMO......that is a big IF.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scenario Just for Fun « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools