Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scenario Just for Fun « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: April 25, 2007, 05:12:52 PM

What if... we were to trade down a little, maybe even just with Arizona (we threaten to take Thomas) and pick up a 2nd rounder.  At 5 we take Jammal Anderson.  Then we trade all three of those 2nd rounders to move up and get Levi Brown to play LT.  Then with our third rounder we take Marcus Thomas. 

That would completely rebuild our D-Line with two top 10 talents and put the finishing touch on our O-Line. 

#1 : April 25, 2007, 05:17:06 PM

What if... we were to trade down a little, maybe even just with Arizona (we threaten to take Thomas) and pick up a 2nd rounder.  At 6 we take Jammal Anderson.  Then we trade all three of those 2nd rounders to move up and get Levi Brown to play LT.  Then with our third rounder we take Marcus Thomas. 

That would completely rebuild our D-Line with two top 10 talents and put the finishing touch on our O-Line. 

I'd almost rather target Staley, let him develop behind Petitgout and keep those 2nds for d-linemen.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 25, 2007, 05:18:57 PM

What if... we were to trade down a little, maybe even just with Arizona (we threaten to take Thomas) and pick up a 2nd rounder. At 6 we take Jammal Anderson. Then we trade all three of those 2nd rounders to move up and get Levi Brown to play LT. Then with our third rounder we take Marcus Thomas.

I'd almost rather target Staley, let him develop behind Petitgout and keep those 2nds for d-linemen.

Target Staley where?  He's going to be long gone by the 2nd round. 

#3 : April 25, 2007, 05:20:35 PM

What if... we were to trade down a little, maybe even just with Arizona (we threaten to take Thomas) and pick up a 2nd rounder. At 6 we take Jammal Anderson. Then we trade all three of those 2nd rounders to move up and get Levi Brown to play LT. Then with our third rounder we take Marcus Thomas.

Target Staley where?  He's going to be long gone by the 2nd round. 

Could be. Same with Spencer, have to wait and see.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 25, 2007, 05:23:17 PM

Target Staley where? He's going to be long gone by the 2nd round.

Spencer maybe, Staley's a done deal.  He'll be gone around 25 at worst. 

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 25, 2007, 05:25:10 PM

I dont know about that, I could see Staley falling to the very end of round 1, maybe even slip to us at 2a. It's all speculation at this point.

#6 : April 25, 2007, 05:26:21 PM

Target Staley where? He's going to be long gone by the 2nd round.

Spencer maybe, Staley's a done deal.  He'll be gone around 25 at worst. 

Could be.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#7 : April 25, 2007, 05:43:11 PM

Staley is far from a lock to be a 1st rounder. Remember Winston Justice, Marcus McNeill?

I thought those guys were locks too.

#8 : April 25, 2007, 05:48:21 PM

Staley is far from a lock to be a 1st rounder. Remember Winston Justice, Marcus McNeill?

In all fairness, Justice had the off-field issues and McNeill the spinal stenosis. Staley and Spencer don't have anything hanging over their heads.

Just too many variables guys, we could speculate all day.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 25, 2007, 05:49:40 PM

Yeah.  They were never even considered in the first round we found out later.  That was because of stuff outside of football.  Staley has no such issues.  

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 25, 2007, 05:54:48 PM

What if... we were to trade down a little, maybe even just with Arizona (we threaten to take Thomas) and pick up a 2nd rounder. 

I like that move ^^^^ thumbs up

At 5 we take Jammal Anderson. 

I would rather take Okoye.

Then we trade all three of those 2nd rounders to move up and get Levi Brown to play LT.   

I wouldn't draft Brown, just don't rate him that highly, no better than what we have already.  Keep the picks and get three players.

#11 : April 25, 2007, 05:57:33 PM

I like Anderson.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 25, 2007, 06:00:53 PM

I like Anderson.

I am not into fake boobs and bleached blond hair......ooops wrong thread.   :P

#13 : April 25, 2007, 06:10:33 PM

I am a mountain climber.  :)

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 25, 2007, 06:12:47 PM

What if... we were to trade down a little, maybe even just with Arizona (we threaten to take Thomas) and pick up a 2nd rounder.  

I like that move ^^^^ thumbs up

At 5 we take Jammal Anderson.

I would rather take Okoye.

Then we trade all three of those 2nd rounders to move up and get Levi Brown to play LT.    

I wouldn't draft Brown, just don't rate him that highly, no better than what we have already. Keep the picks and get three players.

Some scouts think he's better than Thomas, and he's a lot better than what we have.  As for Anderson, I say take him over Okoye because Thomas (better) can be had in the 3rd.  If we took Okoye at 5, there's no player even close to Anderson there in the 3rd.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scenario Just for Fun « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools