Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Broncos Thinking About Trading Up With The Texans « previous next »
Page: 1

bucs1

Practice Squad
: April 25, 2007, 05:33:18 PM

From ProFootballTalk.con: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

BRONCOS, TEXANS TALKING TRADE

Adam Caplan and Tony Pauline of Scout.com report that the Texans and the Broncos are negotiating a trade that would result in the two teams trading the No. 10 and No. 21 overall picks in the draft.

In moving to No. 10, the Broncos reportedly would be targeting linebacker Patrick Willis, defensive tackle Amobi Okoye, and defensive end Adam Carriker.  The primary target could be Willis -- and landing a spot in front of the 49ers will help to ensure that they get him.

It's unclear what the Broncos will be given up to climb eleven spots.  Under the trade chart, the move is worth 500 points. 

Denver's second-round pick (No. 56 overall) is worth 340 points.  The Broncos' third-round pick (No. 86 overall) is worth 160 points. 

And that's a total of 500 points.

The Texans don't have a second-round pick, due to the Matt Schaub trade.  They hold the ninth pick (No. 73 overall) in round three.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 25, 2007, 05:36:03 PM

who is Broncos target? IMO,Peterson will be gone at 10. Texans just need to stay in the top 10-12 to pick Levi Brown.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 25, 2007, 05:37:10 PM

I heard they had a large interest in Carricker, from the very beginning of all draft speculation.

#3 : April 25, 2007, 05:37:21 PM

who is Broncos target? IMO,Peterson will be gone at 10. Texans just need to stay in the top 10-12 to pick Levi Brown.

Try reading the article. :)

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 25, 2007, 05:40:07 PM

hehe, I just did thanx for reminding me.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#5 : April 25, 2007, 05:43:52 PM

hehe, I just did thanx for reminding me.

LOL....I've done the same thing in the past.

Houston needs to try and get some of those picks back and this might be the deal for them.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#6 : April 26, 2007, 04:32:52 PM

From ProFootballTalk.com: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

DENVER-HOUSTON TRADE A STEPPING STONE FOR BRONCOS?

A reader has helped us connect the dots regarding the reported trade talks between the Broncos and Texans, which would allow Denver to move from No. 21 to No. 10 in the 2007 draft.

Though the belief is that the Broncos are trying to get in position to draft linebacker Patrick Willis, defensive end Adam Carriker, or defensive tackle Amobi Okoye, it could be that the Broncos are planning to offer up the No. 10 overall pick to the Lions as an alternative to the offer that the Broncos reportedly have made in order to land receiver Calvin Johnson.

As we've explained, the Lions' primary concern regarding the Broncos' prior offer of a one, a two, and a three in 2007 and a one in 2008 is that Detroit would then be picking too low at No. 21 to get one of the guys they want.

But at No. 10 they might be able to get it done.

And it's believed that the Lions want linebacker Patrick Willis or defensive end Gaines Adams.  So they come out of the draft with a player they covet, they pay the guy a lot less in the No. 10 slot, and they snare some extra picks.

The only problem is that, under the trade chart, the Broncos need to come up with 1,300 points through picks other than the No. 10 selection.  Without a second-round pick (which would likely go to Houston as part of the move from No. 21 to No. 10), it might be hard for the Broncos to pull it off.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Broncos Thinking About Trading Up With The Texans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools