Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shelton Quarles' Statement To The Media And Fans « previous next »
Page: 1 2

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 25, 2007, 08:23:13 PM

Uhh "work"? I hope you mean coaching or doing fundraisers in tampa...

Why?

There's no reason to wish him anything but the best for his future, whether that's coaching, fundraising or playing if he still has the desire and ability. Which, evidently, he still feels he does...

dm4bucs

Starter
#16 : April 25, 2007, 08:23:51 PM

I feel bad to see Q go b/c he was a great role model for many kids on how to not be drafted and still be able to make it in the NFL and be a good citizen at the same time with all this conduct policy stuff going on, but i'm glad to see him not play anymore after the concussions he has had and how that is a big thing that the NFL is trying not to deal with. I'd hate to see Q be one of those guys that can't identify himself later in life or something else to do with brain damage.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#17 : April 25, 2007, 09:27:20 PM

Now maybe people will understand that the Bucs did the right thing in the right way. It is to bad there are the Duemigs of the world who spread lies and like to spew hate.

It was great hearing Shelton shut him up. and to hear duemig back pedal..

NextCould you elaborate on that? Q said nothing to 'shut Duemig up.' He called Duemig to come on. And all of the 'no comments' are self explanatory. He denied problems with his head or hip & when Gruden said at the owners' meetings that he thought Q would pass his physical & play this year, Q already knew this was coming down! And for all of you koolade drinkers who think he's not sounding bitter, Duemig also said, several times, that Q was a company man & wouldn't say anything bad against the organisation.  He's got waaay more class than the FO. I hope DB is watching his back!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 25, 2007, 10:41:27 PM

He shut him up by coming on and being respectful and complimentary of the organization as opposed to dumb dog's classless arse.  He's a competitor. Of course he thinks he still can play, but he sure didn't sound hateful or bitter. Maybe dumb dog can learn a thing or two from Q.

bucboy 64

Second String

#19 : April 26, 2007, 07:31:44 AM

Speaking of class, you should listen to Q, you might learn something. While I didn't hear Q on the radio, I read what he had to say to the trib. He said no comment when asked if he has any injuries. Please tell me Dumbazz didn't ask him if he hated Gruden or something stupid like that.

coolhandluke

Starter

#20 : April 26, 2007, 08:10:21 AM

Karen, he admitted he was still hurt. He is 35 and knows he cant compete at the level he once could. you can Believe The Duemigs and the Ians of the world he just like to Hate. But in the End, he shut Steve up.

Shelton even said it wasnt about the money and if he really wasnt hurt he would have said that.

Do you really think that if Shelton who was one of the Best Defensive players on the team, was 100% the Bucs would cut him. Karen it is a business and they cant afford to take chances on a guy who is not 100%..

But Steve needs his "CLONES" and it is great that you are the President of his Club..

Carry on

dm4bucs

Starter
#21 : April 26, 2007, 08:17:33 AM

I think Duemig definitely was backpedaling some after the interview, b/c he made it out like the bucs lied to Quarles and cut him without any notice, but from Q's interview he didn't sound like a guy that was lied to and knows that they couldn't keep a 36 year old linebacker with injury problems(that do exist for those that want to act like nothing was wrong with quarles) and just had to part ways.  There is talk that they even asked him to stay on the team in a different role like assistant coach and he hasn't taken it b/c he still wants to play. 

benir0

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 26, 2007, 08:29:34 AM

Q already knew this was coming down!

I hope DB is watching his back!

My only contention is that in this salary cap era, take the successful teams, like the New England Patriots.  Their model for success is to get away from older players before they are a liability.

It seems ridiculous the fantasies that some are willing to believe.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 26, 2007, 09:01:34 AM

I always thought Shelton Quarles was a class act, and this statement merely reenforces my preconception.

What a great Buccaneer he has been for the last 10 years, and to think that he came from the CFL. That's remarkable.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

spartan

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 26, 2007, 09:56:11 AM

Just got done listening to the interview.

It is obvious to me that Shelton still thinks he can play. He did admit he still has an injury (4 months after the season ended), yet refused to say what it is. That ought to be somewhat telling IMO. It is also obvious to me that Shelton disagrees with the Bucs opinion but understands it and does NOT think they blindsided him. It comes down to that Shelton and the Bucs have arrived at a different conclusion. That is all. Considering the warrior that Shelton is he probably would think that he can play if they had to wheel him onto the pitch. This really is making a mountain out of a non-existant molehill IMO.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 26, 2007, 10:09:59 AM

It was time, he was offered retirement and did not take it, now he is released and he can make his own decision.  Don't like his injuries and combined with his age he should adjust his career from playing to another venue.  Right now he needs time to heal, and perhaps regain his health - and keep his longevity.  He has had a great career.  Move on and enjoy the next stage of your life Shelton - as long and healthy as possible.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 26, 2007, 10:25:23 AM

Boy, he really sounds like a seething, bitter Bucs hater.

I hope they put a sheriff tail on him so he doesn't hurt himself of maybe someone from the bucs' organization.  Sounds like a man ready to explode! 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

#27 : April 26, 2007, 12:38:59 PM

IF he'd of played much longer, they'd be pick up pieces off the field.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 26, 2007, 12:48:16 PM

Boy, he really sounds like a seething, bitter Bucs hater.

Yeah, you can clearly see his agenda in all of this... ??? :-[ [banghead]

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 26, 2007, 02:08:23 PM

Yep, Chev. It was obvious that all Quarles wants to do is put down the organization. I'm surprised he didn't blow a gasket trying to contain his rage at the lying, cheating, double-dealing FO.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shelton Quarles' Statement To The Media And Fans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools