Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SI's Buc Draft Needs « previous next »
Page: 1

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

: April 25, 2007, 08:30:38 PM

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Key Debate: Will Calvin Johnson fall to them at No. 4? Simeon Rice still gets after the quarterback, but how much longer can he play? Can they find a quality tackle to help protect the quarterback?

My Advice: If they want Johnson, they will have to move up to get him. They may lose the rest of their first-day picks, but he's worth it for them. If they are not able to make the move, Gaines Adams would give them a pass rusher in the mold of Simeon Rice and they might be able to pick up their tackle, Joe Staley, in the second round.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/bucky_brooks/04/25/war.room.debates/3.html

Wouldn't mind Adams at #4 at all.  If I had to put one together I'd go CJ, Thomas, Adams in that order.  I really don't think there's a "need" for an OT with the signing of Petitgout.  You don't pass up a prospect like Thomas at OT if you have the chance, but I don't think the Bucs must select a Day 1 OT outside of Thomas.

Maybe if they went Adams #1, they could go Kalil at #2 or possibly safety.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 25, 2007, 08:43:37 PM

I agree with you Marley....except I have Okoye rated higher than Adams, partly because DT is so much thinner this year. Think if we could grab Okoye in round 1 and Spencer in the 2nd.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 25, 2007, 09:03:17 PM

Okoye will not be ready for prime time this year.   The Bucs want somebody who can come in and start right away, and Okoye is just too young to start in the NFL right now.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : April 25, 2007, 09:25:12 PM

Okoye at #4 is a bad pick in my opinion. He just isn't elite like the other guys in this draft that we could take there.

dm4bucs

Starter
#4 : April 26, 2007, 08:11:03 AM

DT and DL are both needs, so you can't select Okoye just b/c he is a bigger need.  Adams is rated higher and has the production to back up his numbers.  I'd be happy with Adams b/c he would instantly come in and help our left side and once rice is gone he can move to the right side.  Plus with both QB's being talked about going 1 and 3 and CJ going 2 that leaves us with very little to trade down(for okoye) with b/c people aren't going to move up for peterson since he is probably going to slide once he gets past cleveland anyways.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 26, 2007, 08:17:15 AM

I think the dropoff between Okoye and the 2nd rated DT is far greater than the dropoff between Adams and the 2nd DE. The other reason I rate Okoye higher is we all have heard how the Bucs are making a conscious effort to get bigger along the defensive line. I'd love to be able to move down and take Okoye, but if we're stuck a #4, and somehow JT and CJ are off the board, he'd be my pick.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SI's Buc Draft Needs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools