Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Say Oakland drafts Calvin « previous next »
Page: 1

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

« : April 25, 2007, 08:34:03 PM »

Say Oakland sign Calvin and either Detroit or Cleveland drafts Joe Thomas.

Do we want either player so bad that we'd possibly trade for them?

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #1 : April 25, 2007, 08:38:19 PM »

Nope.  Stick at #4 and another prospect will be there.  If that played out, one or maybe both of the QB's will be there at #4 and you know there'd be a flood of calls to the Bucs of teams wanting to move up and grab one of them.  If they can trade down, grab another 2nd, take Okoye while either executing the 3 #2's or trading back into the bottom of the 1st for another propect (Carriker) that would be fine by me.

Or just stay put at #4 and draft Gaines Adams.  The Bucs truely cannot go wrong with the position they are in. 

« #2 : April 25, 2007, 08:38:45 PM »

possibly from what i hear yes and if he isnt there trade down and get Okoye and  another 2nd rounder

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #3 : April 25, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »

That depends on the trade.  The teams trading down usually do better than the ones trading up, and we have too many holes to lose premium picks.  I doubt the Buccs will trade much more than the 2b to move up a couple of spots.  Rice to the Lions is the most obvious trade, swap 1st and hopefully their 3rd rounder coming our way.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #4 : April 25, 2007, 08:40:31 PM »

Oakland won't draft Calvin Johnson.  Period.

They will take JaMArcus Russell, and the Lions will take Calvin Johnson.  That is my guess, I would even put a small amount of money on it.

As for Cleveland, who knows what they will do.  My hunch is that they will take Quinn, or Peterson, but I would not be suprised to see Joe Thomas in a Cleveland hat...

Which means the Bucs get Gaines Adams, Omobe Okoye, or Alan Branch.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #5 : April 25, 2007, 08:50:25 PM »

Oakland won't draft Calvin Johnson.  Period.

They will take JaMArcus Russell, and the Lions will take Calvin Johnson.  That is my guess, I would even put a small amount of money on it.

As for Cleveland, who knows what they will do.  My hunch is that they will take Quinn, or Peterson, but I would not be suprised to see Joe Thomas in a Cleveland hat...

Which means the Bucs get Gaines Adams, Omobe Okoye, or Alan Branch.
I am 100% confident Alan Branch willnot be a name we mention.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #6 : April 25, 2007, 08:55:17 PM »

I am 100% confident Alan Branch willnot be a name we mention.

If they went DT in the 1st, at any pick, I think it would definately be Okoye.  The guy was made to play UT in this style of defense.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #7 : April 26, 2007, 08:30:13 AM »

I found it interesting what Scott R had to say yesterday on the radio. If Detroit takes CJ and then dangles him for a trade, then Bucs may take Gaines Adams and pull the switcheroo with the Lions. Hey, it's happened before. That way Lions get to pay 4th pick money and still get a player they want.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #8 : April 26, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »

The top 4 picks according to "The Nut":

1) Raiders - Jamarcus Russell
2) Lions - Brady Quinn
3) Cleveland - Joe Thomas
4) Tampa Bay - Calvin Johnson

I think Gaines Adams will fall from the top 10, rumors circulating and he's sliding. Amobi Okoye is climbing. I don't think Branch comes here either he's a Nose Tackle and not many teams need him as more than a run stuffer. Looks like a good Nose in the 3-4. I'm thinking Spencer is ours in the 2nd round and M Thomas in the 3rd.

Mostly - MO

Incomparable sig by Incognito
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Say Oakland drafts Calvin « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools